tsuanthony

Jan 18, 2010
Oregon... rain :D
✟15,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
During a retreat I went and did this spiritual walkthrough or something like that.
We were told to listen to a verse/scripture that was read to us, examine what words or phrases popped out, pray about it for understanding and what God had in mind with it.

Forgot the full verse but it was like
...Go down to the potters house..........

two things popped out to me
"go down to the potters house"
and
"o nation of Israel"

the feeling I got was like -surprised/felt like it was a firm command

prayed on it for understanding
two visions came up

1) a tan colored ball , and then a shilloutes of blank hands appeared swirling around it till it became covered -black.

2) hundreads of birds following/flying behind a lead bird (delta formation)
not sure if my imagination added this in but lead bird was perhaps red?

Prayed again for edification/clarity
I see a hand just pointing in no general direction

what's your take on it?

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
First, I have a silly question. Was "lead" the heavy metal, or position of leadership at the front of the triangle? I will assume you just mean the front bird, and you can assume I am an obsessive legalist.

It always pays to dig deeper into what you're hearing and seeing. We can do some of that digging for you, but I would suggest God wants to show you more while you research.

The tan ball strikes me as being the Earth, showing all of humanity. Tan is a color of many living things -- wood, skin, feathers, fur. Also of sand and mineral materials. Because it is so common, it is considered neutral and good camouflage.

I would guess in your dream it's a hint of past/present life and awareness, with a commonality of human life. All as one, or all under a similar situation.

Red is usually an alert color. In your dream, only the leader needed the alert color, while the other birds were just trying to get somewhere together.

POTTER

Isa 29:16
You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "He did not make me"? Can the pot say of the potter, "He knows nothing"?

Isa 41:25
I have raised up one from the north; and he shall come from the east; he will call on My name. And he shall come upon rulers as on mortar, and as a potter tramples clay.

Isa 45:9
Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'He has no hands'?

Isa 64:8
Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

Jer 18:4
And the vessel that he made in clay was ruined in the hand of the potter. So repeating he made it, another vessel, as it seemed good in the potter's eyes to make it .

Jer 18:6
O house of Israel, can I not do to you as this potter? says Jehovah. Behold, as the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel.

Da 2:41
And as to that you saw, the feet and the toes were partly of potters' clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided. But there shall be in it the strength of iron, because you saw the iron mixed with clay of the potter.

Zec 11:13
And Jehovah said to Me, Throw it to the potter, the magnificent price at which I was valued by them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw it to the potter in the house of Jehovah.

Rom 9:21
Does not the potter have authority over the clay, out of the one lump to make one vessel to honor, and one to dishonor? Jer. 18:6

1Ch 4:23
These were the potters, and those who lived among plants and hedges. They lived there with the king for his work.

When would a person have gone to a potter's house? When they needed him to shape a vessel a certain way, or they needed to buy a vessel from him. Going twice, they might negotiate and ask for a certain custom alteration.

"Go" -- If we are allowing God to shape us, He is in control but also wants our input. I think this was a suggestion that you should come to Him with your thoughts and concerns, even though you consider Him in control.

Upvote 0

jonahthesign

Jan 20, 2011
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the verse 'go down to the potters house' is found in Jeremiah.

The tan colored ball sounds to me like a pearl.
Matthew 13:45
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodlypearls:

Jesus the merchant man sold everything he had for that pearl. He bought it with his life. And the pearl is formed only after much tribulation inside that shell. But it's all in God's hands, Israel is the work of God's hands.

Jeremiah 18:6
O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

The fowls in heaven is sometimes about devils.

Revelation 19:17
And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Upvote 0

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 19 I think?
black- evil
tan ball- clay
birds - for eating carnage
After the rapture the Satan will be released to deceive the nations. Some of the faithful Jews may fall away and not go to the Potter's house. Warning for your Jewish friends - pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

tsuanthony

Jan 18, 2010
Oregon... rain :D
✟15,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 19 I think?
black- evil
tan ball- clay
birds - for eating carnage
After the rapture the Satan will be released to deceive the nations. Some of the faithful Jews may fall away and not go to the Potter's house. Warning for your Jewish friends - pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

is that what it means? :\
if so why would God reveal this to me rather then someone else?

First, I have a silly question. Was "lead" the heavy metal, or position of leadership at the front of the triangle? I will assume you just mean the front bird, and you can assume I am an obsessive legalist.

It always pays to dig deeper into what you're hearing and seeing. We can do some of that digging for you, but I would suggest God wants to show you more while you research.

The tan ball strikes me as being the Earth, showing all of humanity. Tan is a color of many living things -- wood, skin, feathers, fur. Also of sand and mineral materials. Because it is so common, it is considered neutral and good camouflage.

I would guess in your dream it's a hint of past/present life and awareness, with a commonality of human life. All as one, or all under a similar situation.

Red is usually an alert color. In your dream, only the leader needed the alert color, while the other birds were just trying to get somewhere together.

POTTER

Isa 29:16
You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "He did not make me"? Can the pot say of the potter, "He knows nothing"?

Isa 41:25
I have raised up one from the north; and he shall come from the east; he will call on My name. And he shall come upon rulers as on mortar, and as a potter tramples clay.

Isa 45:9
Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'He has no hands'?

Isa 64:8
Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

Jer 18:4
And the vessel that he made in clay was ruined in the hand of the potter. So repeating he made it, another vessel, as it seemed good in the potter's eyes to make it .

Jer 18:6
O house of Israel, can I not do to you as this potter? says Jehovah. Behold, as the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel.

Da 2:41
And as to that you saw, the feet and the toes were partly of potters' clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided. But there shall be in it the strength of iron, because you saw the iron mixed with clay of the potter.

Zec 11:13
And Jehovah said to Me, Throw it to the potter, the magnificent price at which I was valued by them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw it to the potter in the house of Jehovah.

Rom 9:21
Does not the potter have authority over the clay, out of the one lump to make one vessel to honor, and one to dishonor? Jer. 18:6

1Ch 4:23
These were the potters, and those who lived among plants and hedges. They lived there with the king for his work.

When would a person have gone to a potter's house? When they needed him to shape a vessel a certain way, or they needed to buy a vessel from him. Going twice, they might negotiate and ask for a certain custom alteration.

"Go" -- If we are allowing God to shape us, He is in control but also wants our input. I think this was a suggestion that you should come to Him with your thoughts and concerns, even though you consider Him in control.

I mean Lead as in a leader- bird leading the other birds :)
thanks for the input

Upvote 0

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, why does God choose to reveal himself to any of us? God calls us His friends also. He takes us into His confidence. God wants you to come to Him for him to shape and mold you into, what will be, the desire of your heart. He wants to father you because you are His. Will you go to the potter's house?

Upvote 0

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟24,698.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Your post has some back to my mind several times since I saw it, so I thought I had better add something. Some of what I have to say overlaps with what has already been said.

Do you struggle to submit (flow with) a leader because of things you see in their life that seem ungodly or not what you would expect from a spiritual person? Or do you feel in some way that following Jesus means some exclusion of following leaders who are over us?
I have wrestled with this issue.

1) a tan colored ball , and then a shilloutes of blank hands appeared swirling around it till it became covered -black.
> SOmething I see here is the blank hands representing no leadership, nothing to shape or impact the clay/ball. But no leadership results in negative outcomes (ball/clay becomes black)

I see leadership here again. The lead bird takes the hardest hit of the air resistance & the way is made easier for others. I remember hearing that the other birds honk to encourage the leader.

Prayed again for edification/clarity
Without leadership we lack direction and vision. I see this as being like the blank hands again.

The challenge is tho, what if we look at our leader(s) and don't like what we see? I think there is a time to move on if what we are seeing is immoral, but leaders like all of us have their faults or areas lacking in maturity. If they have issues but are still leading people towards the Lord, then we need to submit to them & honour them even tho we may have a personality clash or see primarily their faults. I am guilty of expecting more from leaders so I am less forgiving in what I see (Except maybe my own leadership ;) - this is a growth area for me.

The bible encourages us to respect & honor leaders because of their position despite any personality issues etc. (Rom 13:1-7; 1 Tim 5:17). David is a great example for honoring even wicked King Saul.

Matt 23:1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

We follow right instruction, but not problem behaviour. I am still growing in this.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.
At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.
<-----> Jeremiah 18:1-10

Tan ball = "lump of clay" = undefined soul.

Black hands = satanic influences.

Becoming "covered -black" = satanic nature preventing taking proper shape.

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
<-----> 2nd Corinthians 4:3+4

Try piecing these together -

For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. <-----> Matthew 24:28

And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. <-----> Revelation 6:4

And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.
<-----> Ezekiel 39:17-20

See also the latter part of - LUKE CHAPTER 17 & REVELATION CHAPTER 19.

There be some (reading/writing) here which will live to see The Great and Dreadful Day of The Lord.

wm

Last edited:
Upvote 0