Why doesn't God bless daily reading of scripture for me?

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose it's good to know that it's not a thing of God singling me out where all other believers get guided whenever they ask, cause sometimes that's the fear, of why do I only feel God's guidance sometimes, when it's to help someone else, while everyone else seems to claim that it's 24/7 for them.

The Lord Jesus wants to blend with us so that it is not always so obvious that we are being "led" by Him in the Pentacostal or OT way. He wants us to breath Him in moment by moment like breathing the air to LIVE.
We may want to take a few gulps of air at particular times of crises so that we have God's leading.
Yet while in the beginning He let us have obvious experiences of this kind of leading, He seeks for us to deepen out walk.

There is the matter of taking Him in moment by moment by turning our heart to the Lord and setting our mind on the Spirit in our spirit. And this not just at a crises moment when we need GOd's directing, by when things are well and no particular challenge seems to confront us. This is fellowship with Him.

This is learning to be guided by the sense of "life and peace".
"For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace." (Romans 8:6)

This is learning to be guided by the inner sense of life and peace - tranguility with God- easiness and well being -the sense that His smile is on you. This is the leading which must become more and more keen. And this is the leading which we may not be SO concious of. It becomes the case that we are more aware of where we DON'T have that sense of "life and peace" that raises the alarm. In other words, we feel normal to be at peace. And if the peace is suddenly diminished we are aware that we must have stepped AWAY from fellowship. Noticing when things seem abnormally unpeaceful within alerts us that we have moved away from His leading.

If you are healthy in your body, you notice nothing in particular. If you should develop a headache or a stomachache or even a bothersome itch, you notice something must be wrong with you. Normal = you feel art peace with no particular sensation. Abnormal = you notice something present with you interrupting your otherwise peaceful life.

Uneasiness is a sign of the loss of "life in peace" within.
Emptiness is another sign of the loss of fellowship as if you have stepped AWAY from the leading Spirit.
Restlessness signals that fellowship is ebbing. These feelings from deep within are the senses of life, divine life, which we learn to notice when they come as alerts. If fellowwship with the Lord is smooth and more continuous we become use to this leading by the inner peace and harmony.

"For those who are according to the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but those who are according to the spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is deathm but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace.' (Rom. 5,6)

The first spirit there is the human spirit. And the second capital S Spirit there is the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit.
We must learn to SET the mind on the human spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is after we are born again.
We have to be weaned from just seeking "guidance" in crises mode when a severe problem confronts us.

We have to develop the keener sense of the mind at life and peace because it is SET on the Spirit in our spirit continously.

In the early Christian life you may have thought that just BAD things were the things of the flesh.

Eventually as you grow in the Lord you learn that even your GOOD things can be things of the flesh.
And to set the mind on even GOOD things can result in an inward weakness, darkness, uneasiness which the word calls "death." Then we gradually more and more do not trust ourselves to live apart from constant fellowship with Him.

Trust in ourselves leads to going to the Lord ONLY when things seem to be over your head.
Jesus is the PERFECT life which seeks to blend with you seamlessly. And to Him the whole thing is "over your head."
He want to lead us to realize every STEP, and step by step, we need to be in fellowship with Him.

It becomes that we are less AWARE of His beautiful presence becomes it becomes normal to be at "life and peace."
This new "leading" that develops is the sense that when "life and peace" are ebbing or decreasing.

When we trust the Lord, the outward circunstances will be engineered by Him to direct our steps.
When I am in a cunondrum I pray about a situation, LEAVE it there with Him, and go on with the mind set on the spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is within. The Lord promises "A man's heart divises his way, but Jehovah directs his steps." (Prov. 19:6 Recovery Version)

If you are in a delimma you place your matter before God. You tell Him honestly what YOU think you do.

And as long as you know there is no particular problem in your conscience with your course of action, LEAVE the matter before God and take your course. Humbling also tell Him to direct your steps even though you have planned YOUR way.
And TRUST that He will direct your steps. You will be led by God.

It is important when you leave the matter before the throne of God that you feel inwardly "life and peace" about your course. If the face of the Lord in your heart is onviously not happy with your course, you need to ask Him to change your heart about what YOU think you should do.

Sometimes, His face within seems like it is a blank face. This may mean that He knows that you are not REALLY opened to being LED by God. He is silent and lets you have your "freedom" to go you self chosen way.
It is like the index of His eyes which tell you how He feels. The area around the eyes of a person tell what is on his or her heart.
This is spiritually true with Jesus living within. His countenance - His face - the sense of the expression around His eyes reveals His heart about what we are doing.

But if you KNOW His the countenounce of His face is smiling or at least not frowning in your heart, LEAVE the matter.
Take your steps and trust the faithful Christ to direct your steps. He will honor your TRUST.
And He will HONOR that you consider the sense of well being deep in your innermost spiritual being.

I might give you some testimony of this latter.
The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose it's good to know that it's not a thing of God singling me out where all other believers get guided whenever they ask, cause sometimes that's the fear, of why do I only feel God's guidance sometimes, when it's to help someone else, while everyone else seems to claim that it's 24/7 for them.
There is not a man or woman on the face of the earth that knows the Bible on their own. To know and understand the word of God is based on God revealingly His truth to us. Galatians 1:2, For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

We can be taught, but only by revelation, which is true understanding, comes from God. 1 Corinthians 3:7, So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.

Because God’s word is Spirit, it takes Spirit to impart to our spirit. So as our spirit is strengthen in our inner man, the Holy Spirit can then impart understanding of God’s word to us. 1 Corinthians 2:11, even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

So, don’t worry about what people say because the Holy Spirit will give you discernment over who really knows the Bible and who doesn’t.

Reactions: Jamdoc
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The Lord Jesus wants to blend with us so that it is not always so obvious that we are being "led" by Him in the Pentacostal or OT way. He wants us to breath Him in moment by moment like breathing the air to LIVE.
We may want to take a few gulps of air at particular times of crises so that we have God's leading.
Yet while in the beginning He let us have obvious experiences of this kind of leading, He seeks for us to deepen out walk.

There is the matter of taking Him in moment by moment by turning our heart to the Lord and setting our mind on the Spirit in our spirit. And this not just at a crises moment when we need GOd's directing, by when things are well and no particular challenge seems to confront us. This is fellowship with Him.

This is learning to be guided by the sense of "life and peace".
"For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace." (Romans 8:6)

This is learning to be guided by the inner sense of life and peace - tranguility with God- easiness and well being -the sense that His smile is on you. This is the leading which must become more and more keen. And this is the leading which we may not be SO concious of. It becomes the case that we are more aware of where we DON'T have that sense of "life and peace" that raises the alarm. In other words, we feel normal to be at peace. And if the peace is suddenly diminished we are aware that we must have stepped AWAY from fellowship. Noticing when things seem abnormally unpeaceful within alerts us that we have moved away from His leading.

If you are healthy in your body, you notice nothing in particular. If you should develop a headache or a stomachache or even a bothersome itch, you notice something must be wrong with you. Normal = you feel art peace with no particular sensation. Abnormal = you notice something present with you interrupting your otherwise peaceful life.

Uneasiness is a sign of the loss of "life in peace" within.
Emptiness is another sign of the loss of fellowship as if you have stepped AWAY from the leading Spirit.
Restlessness signals that fellowship is ebbing. These feelings from deep within are the senses of life, divine life, which we learn to notice when they come as alerts. If fellowwship with the Lord is smooth and more continuous we become use to this leading by the inner peace and harmony.

"For those who are according to the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but those who are according to the spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is deathm but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace.' (Rom. 5,6)

The first spirit there is the human spirit. And the second capital S Spirit there is the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit.
We must learn to SET the mind on the human spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is after we are born again.
We have to be weaned from just seeking "guidance" in crises mode when a severe problem confronts us.

We have to develop the keener sense of the mind at life and peace because it is SET on the Spirit in our spirit continously.

In the early Christian life you may have thought that just BAD things were the things of the flesh.

Eventually as you grow in the Lord you learn that even your GOOD things can be things of the flesh.
And to set the mind on even GOOD things can result in an inward weakness, darkness, uneasiness which the word calls "death." Then we gradually more and more do not trust ourselves to live apart from constant fellowship with Him.

Trust in ourselves leads to going to the Lord ONLY when things seem to be over your head.
Jesus is the PERFECT life which seeks to blend with you seamlessly. And to Him the whole thing is "over your head."
He want to lead us to realize every STEP, and step by step, we need to be in fellowship with Him.

It becomes that we are less AWARE of His beautiful presence becomes it becomes normal to be at "life and peace."
This new "leading" that develops is the sense that when "life and peace" are ebbing or decreasing.

When we trust the Lord, the outward circunstances will be engineered by Him to direct our steps.
When I am in a cunondrum I pray about a situation, LEAVE it there with Him, and go on with the mind set on the spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is within. The Lord promises "A man's heart divises his way, but Jehovah directs his steps." (Prov. 19:6 Recovery Version)

If you are in a delimma you place your matter before God. You tell Him honestly what YOU think you do.

And as long as you know there is no particular problem in your conscience with your course of action, LEAVE the matter before God and take your course. Humbling also tell Him to direct your steps even though you have planned YOUR way.
And TRUST that He will direct your steps. You will be led by God.

It is important when you leave the matter before the throne of God that you feel inwardly "life and peace" about your course. If the face of the Lord in your heart is onviously not happy with your course, you need to ask Him to change your heart about what YOU think you should do.

Sometimes, His face within seems like it is a blank face. This may mean that He knows that you are not REALLY opened to being LED by God. He is silent and lets you have your "freedom" to go you self chosen way.
It is like the index of His eyes which tell you how He feels. The area around the eyes of a person tell what is on his or her heart.
This is spiritually true with Jesus living within. His countenance - His face - the sense of the expression around His eyes reveals His heart about what we are doing.

But if you KNOW His the countenounce of His face is smiling or at least not frowning in your heart, LEAVE the matter.
Take your steps and trust the faithful Christ to direct your steps. He will honor your TRUST.
And He will HONOR that you consider the sense of well being deep in your innermost spiritual being.

I might give you some testimony of this latter.
The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you.

What I'm saying is that it's really obvious for me when the Holy Spirit is actively teaching me. Because I could not come to the understanding that I do when I try to read the same text on my own. They are "Aha" moments that just don't happen normally.

This is what I feel like when I read on my own after just praying and not being led but just opening a book that I think makes sense for me to read:

Daniel 12
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

I read, but I understand not, I ask, and get told to wait, or "go thy way"

Reactions: msufan
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the first time I read the bible, it was eye opening, and I felt blessed. but the second.. and third times.. and 4th time going cover to cover before I was just frustrated and stopped any kind of formulaic daily bible reading... I didn't feel blessed, I didn't come to new understandings, it just felt like retreading the same ground again. I pray, I ask for God's wisdom so I don't lean on my own understanding.. I pray to be led by God, where does HE want me to read.. but nothing came, and so I did the same ole.. pick up from where I left off, or what I thought would be a good place. I tried rote things like "no bible no breakfast" because of things I saw by Ray Comfort for instance, it made sense right? Paul Washer "read your bible daily or die" etc It just .. wasn't blessed, like God was letting me fumble in the dark alone.

Or even when I have a question and I want God to answer it.. I desire to get guidance, where would scripture be that answered my question... but no guidance.

But when someone else has a question....
I don't even need to pray for Wisdom... I get prompted, to go to passages of scripture that sometimes.. I don't even remember what they were about or if I do think I know what they were about, I can't fathom how they will help me answer this person's question, or engage in this debate that I'm having, but I get prompted, I get led, I get connected with passages I didn't even know were connected or referred to each other. It's like I'm being taught by someone and all I can do is learn, go where He tells me to go, and have my eyes opened, learn what He teaches in His word. I feel blessed at those times, connection that I seldomly ever experience aside from those times. It's the only times where I feel like God is really with me.

why doesn't He bless what I try to do to know Him on my own?
Why don't my own questions result in being taught like this? He just doesn't seem to honor anything I do that is religious in nature or habit or lifestyle. He only honors it if He leads and I yield, but why doesn't He lead me just all the time? Are my questions no good? Is it not good of me to seek Him early?

I have been a Christain for many years. Although God may share something with me it is very rare maybe once in 6 months. The fact is as we mature in Christ we don't need direct revelation from God's word. We just need to daily live out our faith. I find I spend far more time in prayer praying for others than reading the bible. It is important to read the bible, but like you said once it has been read a few times, it feels like you are covering the same ground. One thing our church does is a bible reading plan, called SOAP, which stands for Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer. The idea is you study a scripture, observe it, write about it, then pray about it. The process gets you thinking about what you are reading, and it allows the Holy Spirit to speak to you in the study/reading. Maybe give that a try.

Upvote 0