Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have been praying and praying and praying, and doing everything in my power to find a second job. Maybe I'm not casting a wide enough net but I've applied for all kinds of full-time, part-time, and freelance editing gigs to supplement my income the past 18 months with no luck and I'm getting desperate. I'm desperate to move back to California and I just feel like I'm up against this wall. Now my wife is telling me that since her parents paid off their house here in NY there's some kind of design in the works to have us buy it from them or something, and then they retire to their home in Ecuador.

I DON'T WANT TO STAY IN NEW YORK. I have been literally trying to get back to CA since I set foot on east coast soil two years ago. I make $70K/year and it's not enough, it's just not enough. I thought I had a brilliant idea to drive for Uber when we got back to CA cause I know my hometown like the back of my hand and I like to drive, but the more I look into it the more it looks like drivers actually make diddly squat so it would end up being a loss with the cost of gas being what it is.

Sorry guys I just needed to vent or something. I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I want to be back in CA near my family where they can be a big part of my son's life and I feel completely powerless to make that happen.

eleos1954
eleos1954
Life is hard sometimes ..... me and my son are going through difficult times right now, I pray and ask others to pray for us and I ask the Lord to give us peace and help us to know how to move forward.

Praying that he will do that for you as well.

It is indeed in His hands and we need to remember that.

God Bless.
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I have been praying and praying and praying, and doing everything in my power to find a second job. Maybe I'm not casting a wide enough net but I've applied for all kinds of full-time, part-time, and freelance editing gigs to supplement my income the past 18 months with no luck and I'm getting desperate. I'm desperate to move back to California and I just feel like I'm up against this wall. Now my wife is telling me that since her parents paid off their house here in NY there's some kind of design in the works to have us buy it from them or something, and then they retire to their home in Ecuador.

I DON'T WANT TO STAY IN NEW YORK. I have been literally trying to get back to CA since I set foot on east coast soil two years ago. I make $70K/year and it's not enough, it's just not enough. I thought I had a brilliant idea to drive for Uber when we got back to CA cause I know my hometown like the back of my hand and I like to drive, but the more I look into it the more it looks like drivers actually make diddly squat so it would end up being a loss with the cost of gas being what it is.

Sorry guys I just needed to vent or something. I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I want to be back in CA near my family where they can be a big part of my son's life and I feel completely powerless to make that happen.
You might be called to bloom where you are planted. I cannot tell that from a distance though.

I am self-employed. I am troubled when I don't have a long list of appointments. But stewing over not having appointments seldom generates them. I have to learn to relax into it. The appointments show up. God has been good for numerous years, even though I am still anxious. God will still be good. I will still be anxious. What good is being anxious?

• Winner
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You might be called to bloom where you are planted. I cannot tell that from a distance though.

I am self-employed. I am troubled when I don't have a long list of appointments. But stewing over not having appointments seldom generates them. I have to learn to relax into it. The appointments show up. God has been good for numerous years, even though I am still anxious. God will still be good. I will still be anxious. What good is being anxious?
Yeah after I posted the OP I've been thinking I need to take about a week and back off all thought and pursuit of my hometown. I'm just gonna refocus spiritually, cause I've been going through a major drought and let everything else fall where it may.

Upvote 0