Mattell makes Wiccan Barbie - Is this right?

No gods

Buttercup Atheist
Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
✟1,173.00
Faith
Atheist
sweetkitty said:
I used the term Wiccan Barbie because that is the Barbie that is being discussed on this forum..not from any belief that the Barbie is a true representation of Wiccan beliefs.
Nope. The Mattel "Secret Spells Barbie" is the doll being discussed in this thread. It is christian posters that are trying to link it to Wicca. So since you referred to it as the "Wiccan" Barbie and not the Secret Spells Barbie, the conclusion drawn is that you are trying to link the two, also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Zoe said:
I find it very sad that the majority of Christians find nothing wrong with this Barbie. I saw the commercial for this doll and I was appalled. Why is it so hard to believe that this doll can spark an interest in witchcraft??? People need to wake up and realize that this sort of thing is serious. Do you honestly think Jesus would approve of this? Come on.

Have any of you every studied any other religion besides your own? Because if you had then you would know that Wiccan's are NOT bad. We do not worship satan (he is a christian deity). We do worship many different Gods and Goddesses. Why are you all puting off that Wicca is so bad, when most of probably don't know a thing about it. We are a nature worshiping type group. Our main rule is "do what ye will, harm none." we are totally against any kind of abuse. We DO NOT sacrifice anything we DO NOT harm anyone with our magik, we are here to help people. We recycle reuse and make better what the earth gives us, we try to make this earth a better place by keeping her clean and walking on her lightly. You all pound on her and show no respect whatsoever. Your pastors are in it for the money, there are very few if at all Wiccans who get paid to practice and teach a religion that they love. I bet many people you know are wiccan's but they will never tell you becasue they know that you are heard headed and closed minded. Most of us Wiccan's have to stay in the broom closet for fear of irrationalists like YOU ALL.

I would like for you all to email me with 5 TRUE things that you KNOW about wicca, because I am sure you all would not talk bad about something you know nothing about.

Blessed Be!!!!

Upvote 0

Lillithspeak

The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Annabel Lee said:
Thank you! On that link...look what I found.

Borg Barbi :)

http://home.fuse.net/mllwyd/cybarb.html

Oh my ! The best laugh of the week !Thank you:clap: :pink: Now if only there was a Ferengi Barbie! I want a Ferengi Barbie! I want a Ferengi Barbie! I want a Ferengi Barbie:cry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lillithspeak

The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mylinkay Asdara said:

You're own words... It bothers you that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be made.

Secondly, If I was to take this doll as seriously as you seem to, then I too would be outraged. She is far to 'fluffy'. I don't want my kid growing up a wannabe pagan. I want her to follow the spirit in her heart. Making love potions, toying with emotions in other words, is not part of being pagan, wicca, or any other self respecting earth based religion. Thank you very much.

Finally: Did none of you ever read/play with/expose yourself to anything that made you pretend even for the smallest moment that there was magic in the world? Never? If so, then... I pity you more than you can ever know. If not, then why are you so worried? You fantasized about magic and then you grew up and decided/discovered/were enlightened to the fact/whatever that your God doesn't abide by it and therefore it comes from the Devil and is evil ect and forgot it to go on with your happy, Christian, lives. So what's the problem?
Are you serious? Do you know your audience here? NO, NO, NO, imagination has to be severely limited, otherwise someone might develop something worse, (curiosity) and then they might go on to want real answers to important questions, and Bob's yer uncle, they aren't ......anymore. That cannot be encouraged, I'm sure you understand why.

Upvote 0

Brother Christman

Constitution Party->11.04
Jun 26, 2003
TX, USA
Visit site
✟15,914.00
Faith
Baptist
This shouldn't be any more shocking than Dodge's plans to sponsor SuperBowl softcore inappropriate content (recently dropped in the face of pro-family complaints), the FCC's decision to allow the f-word, theatre chains refusing to show "The Passion of the Christ" (amid baloney-flavored accustions of anti-Semitism), et cetera. As Christians, we know where this world is going, who's ultimately behind (many subconscious/unspoken motives for) such decisions, et cetera.

If there's a pro-family protest against the doll I can sign a petition in support of, boycott I can join, or both, I will... but the bigger, more important question is "was Barbie that stellar of a role model for little girls (Christian and non) before this?"

Another follow-up might be "where are the Christian alternative toys to Barbie, Barney, Teletubbies, et cetera?" Many secular folk are hip to the fact that it's always "better to light a candle than curse the darkness." Waiting indignantly for non-Christ-centered corporations to show God-fearing morality is like watching for flowers to spring from hot tar.

Upvote 0

Lillithspeak

The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Now something is wrong with Barney? Oh for crying out loud. I know Tinky Winky was suspect (FOMYCL) but really, BARNEY? Is there some hidden satanic connection to big purple dinosaurs that dance? You people are unreal. Really, take a break, take a long break, soak in saltwater, something, CHILL OUT!

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lillithspeak said:
Now something is wrong with Barney? Oh for crying out loud. I know Tinky Winky was suspect (FOMYCL) but really, BARNEY? Is there some hidden satanic connection to big purple dinosaurs that dance? You people are unreal. Really, take a break, take a long break, soak in saltwater, something, CHILL OUT!
I think you need to tone it down a bit Lillith. All he said is there should be alternitive toys offered to Christians other than Barney or Barbie, he never claimed that there was anything satanic about Barney.
Personally I am glad that my boys are too old for any of the **** they offer as "toys" these days:)

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
Lillithspeak said:
Amen sister. BTW there are christian toys but they suck. Anyone hear of Godman? or something like that..

There are christian video games that are actually quite good apparently. We watch that video game channel quite a bit in my house and they had a show on them recently. those of you christian parents who aren't happy with many of the games out there, check em out.

edit..bible man, not god man...that old 80s hearthrob willie ames promotes it.

Upvote 0