okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Anyhow, better is relative, and if you have feelings for a
person, you are not subjective.
footnote just about english definition or your meaning here:
I think you mean "you are not objective"
when/if a person has feelings for a person.
"Objective" means they can make decisions without being influenced by feelings or emotions or false inputs.
"Subjective" means that choices or thoughts may be influenced differently because of feelings or emotions of false inputs....

(sorry to ramble on , but this is good and important)
Except "Subjective" as in "Subject(Willingly, Joyously, Perfectly, Totally)
Every Thought, Feeling, Emotion, Hope, Dream, Ambition , Goal, Objective, Action, Plan of Action --- Subject EVERYTHING TO Yeshua HaMashiach"...
(to be completely and totally and forever
in obedience to Yeshua with Yhwh's Delighted Approval in everything, for eternity)

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No one knows the outcome regardless of whether they are believers or non-believers. There are NO earthly guarantees in this life.
Faith and hope and love get us through. And a healthy dose of God's wonderful grace.
God's grace does not discriminate against wrong decisions made by us Christians.
Myself as a male, I would ask him, "would you feel the same can't help falling in love if she was a 200lb, 5'2" female with one eye?" Because us males tend to be highly influenced with another part of our anatomy. 1 Samuel 16:7

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you believe that, why have you just passed judgement on me?

No one in this thread has passed judgement, which means to condemn; however many have given you sound and biblical advice, to which you've thanked them with insults.

Corrected someone is not the same thing as passing judgement.
Actually I wouldn't call it all sound biblical advice. Taking scripture out of context isn't sound biblical advice.

Reactions: Unmedicated
Upvote 0

Linet Kihonge

Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, of course. I understand this. She is curious about Christianity. She said we could be married in a Christian church so it has given me a lot of hope that perhaps she will come around to it. She doesn't know much about Christ because her family and home country is mainly Buddhist. Since Buddhism really is more of a philosophy than a religion, I am hoping that being with me and when we do have children, raising them in the church, will make her come around.

I have barely gone through the whole thread, but have you tried cross-cultural evangelism? Cross-cultural evangelism means taking concepts found in the religion and explaining them in the Christian way. For instance, they believe in the pure forces of nature and breathing in and feeling the nature or the beauty of life, and it's connection with human beings. So you can take it a level deeper, by meditating on the nature and the Spirit behind nature that causes all things to flow in a synchronous harmony. Obviously, (the Spirit of the LORD) but explaining how powerful it is just by feeling it work through your life and everything else around you. Trust me, before you know she will HUNGER to know this King of Life. :/

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. If someone says they are a believer, they should be
acting like one. I can say I'm a cat, but that doesn't make
me one. Unless maybe I'm a trans-feline.

Anyhow, better is relative, and if you have feelings for a
person, you are not subjective.

Many people here have taken scripture out of context and are not willing to admit it. That's because they cant admit they are wrong. That's subjective as well.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
when a Christian and a non-Christian have marital relations it is fornication. to have marital relations it has to be between a male and a female of the same image--that of God.
anything else is fornication.
agree with #262 above.

No its not. Get real. It depends solely on how the believer lives his/her life, not on their marriage. You take scripture out of context and prove you don't understand what the scriptures even mean. I don't think I need a definition of fornication either.

Upvote 0

Linet Kihonge

Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The rest of the thread, bashing and gnawing at OP you should consider the line, that he's willing to do anything to convince her of becoming a believer. Can we see if we can assist in anything to get her join Christianity, first? So I don't think the issue is that there are children already, seriously, children can always come when it's clear if they should be Christians or not. In the meanwhile, let's win a soul to the fold! ;)

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The rest of the thread, bashing and gnawing at OP you should consider the line, that he's willing to do anything to convince her of becoming a believer. Can we see if we can assist in anything to get her join Christianity, first? So I don't think the issue is that there are children already, seriously, children can always come when it's clear if they should be Christians or not. In the meanwhile, let's win a soul to the fold! ;)

he hasn't shown that converting her is his primary goal.
if that were true, then the consideration of marriage would come in a distant second, and would totally be dependent upon her becoming a Christian first.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
No its not. Get real. It depends solely on how the believer lives his/her life, not on their marriage. You take scripture out of context and prove you don't understand what the scriptures even mean. I don't think I need a definition of fornication either.
in this case marriage would be a part of their life.
and how they live that marriage would indicate whether or not they understand what a Christian marriage looks like.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
in this case marriage would be a part of their life.
and how they live that marriage would indicate whether or not they understand what a Christian marriage looks like.

You are wrong to declare that such marriage is fornication. Not only did you do a disservice to the definition of fornication in any biblical sense, but also the proper undersanding of the scriptures you posted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You are wrong to declare that such marriage is fornication. Not only did you do a disservice to the definition of fornication in any biblical sense, but also the proper undersanding of the scriptures you posted.
you say this because you don't truly understand that the Christian definition of marriage is vastly different than the one that society portrays. If you were to understand what Christian marriage is really all about, and how incredible it is,
then you would also have a basis to compare it to what passes for marriage in today's culture.
Christian marriage has real life-giving substance.
by comparison the idea of marriage that is put forth by today's culture is but a mere shadow.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you say this because you don't truly understand that the Christian definition of marriage is vastly different than the one that society portrays. If you were to understand what Christian marriage is really all about, and how incredible it is,
then you would also have a basis to compare it to what passes for marriage in today's culture.
Christian marriage has real life-giving substance.
by comparison the idea of marriage that is put forth by today's culture is but a mere shadow.

I don't ignore what Christian marriage is supposed to be. I also don't ignore the definition of spiritual fornication. Its not this type of marriage as you believe, but is following the world instead of God, and being faithful to the world instead of God. A man who has an unbelieving wife isn't committing spiritual fornication unless he allows his wife to pull him away from devotion to God. However, I cant agree that the marriage itself is unfaithfulness to Christ.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
People here ignore the truth about spiritual fornication. Following politicians is fornication. Being divided over politics is also fornication. No one wants to talk about that though.

I would.

One of us make a thread?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure it would be fruitful. People are set in their ways and will not change. I have been to the political boards, I pretty much know the outcome already.

If I make a thread can I quote your post on spiritual fornication?

It is a topic specifically mentioned in the OT and NT; God Himself divorced us for spiritual fornication, and this is a HUGE deal that can give insight on this thread, and the nature of the Church's own marriage with God, His covenants, and how "yokeness" is important even to God. It is an important topic, I think. I just don't want to derail this thread.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I make a thread can I quote your post on spiritual fornication?

It is a topic specifically mentioned in the OT and NT; God Himself divorced us for spiritual fornication, and this is a HUGE deal that can give insight on this thread, and the nature of the Church's own marriage with God, His covenants, and how "yokeness" is important even to God. It is an important topic, I think. I just don't want to derail this thread.

Go ahead, but I fear reading the thread. I hate contention, and that's what it will most likely be. People believe only what their preacher says, so unless their preacher or favorite theologian says so, they wont believe it.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More than one, in fact.

I pretty well always tell people to talk to their minister when offering advice. The internet can only do so much; we all need real people.
Okay. Where? Here in this thread.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right. Church is just a building. And the lot of you are a reminder of why I don't go to a church. I love God, but honestly I can't stand 90% of the followers. I hate to admit that, but it's true.
There you go

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.