Unmedicated

Dec 19, 2015
USA
✟8,547.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I suspect this is a troll thread sorry. When people are seriously asking for advice they dont respond like this in sarcasm towards their brothers and sisters.

Neither do they with their patronizing attitudes either. Some of the most hypocritical and judgemental people I've ever been around.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Also the minister will know.
Many people do think this,
but all too often the minister may be unrepentant himself.

It's a revealing statistic that most ministers today
have said that in the last
twenty or thirty years,
they have not joined any 2 people , a man and a woman, in holy matrimony
who were both faithful before their wedding.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You're right. Church is just a building. And the lot of you are a reminder of why I don't go to a church. I love God, but honestly I can't stand 90% of the followers. I hate to admit that, but it's true.
It's actually (hopefully as love hopes for the best)
good and right you admit that , a GOOD TESTIMONY >>
as a sheep (disciple of Jesus) should follow Jesus, not man, when man is following other.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It may help to demystify "sin". Sin doesn't mean we go around with a scarlet "M" on our forehead for marrying the wrong person. Sin often works more subtly than that. Sin means to miss the mark; to fall short; not to apprehend God's best. Is it God's best to marry outside the faith? No.

Yes it is possible to marry a "believer" who is no better than a harlot. Actually, it is very possible to marry a believer who IS a harlot. It happens every day, and I have seen it happen. The logical problem here is that superficial belief is being used to create a false equivalence between marrying in the faith and outside the faith. The concept of being equally yoked goes deeper than that. There is always going to be risk no matter who we marry, because, as you have said, we don't know how it will turn out. This is why we should not be discussing this subject with regard to mere labels, but to proven character and fruit of the spirit.

Love is a powerful thing. The choice is up to each one of us. But I would be afraid that the marriage would pull me away from the Lord. Mark Twain's wife, after years of marriage to him, was asked if it had affected her faith. She replied, "what faith?". Not all turn out that way, but it is playing with fire, IME.

You words are about the most agreeable I have read so far, according to my opinion. Yes it seems like a bad idea to marry an unbeliever but is that true in every case? Is it a sin in itself? Those are the questions I'm asking.

What you say about being unequally yoked going much deeper, I agree. I think it has less to do with marriage and much more to do with how we harlot around with the world. It has to do with politics I believe, and other things that make us follow the world instead of Christ. Its my belief that politics is a harlot.

Many Christians in my opinion are most ikely taking many scriptures out of context and missaplying them. Both 1 Co 6, and 2 Co 6, refer to spiritual fornication in my opinion. Neither however are directly referring specifically to marriage.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Esp when given scripture on the matter. Scripture is not God judging you, its just Gods word on the matter, take it and apply it.

Or not.

Your choice. God will judge you in your heart not outward appearance. If you enter a marriage with a divided heart a divided family you are going to get.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Unmedicated

Dec 19, 2015
USA
✟8,547.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's actually (hopefully as love hopes for the best)
good and right you admit that , a GOOD TESTIMONY >>
as a sheep (disciple of Jesus) should follow Jesus, not man, when man is following other.

I 110% agree with you. I get my peace and my conversation with the good Lord above. I might not be a great example of a Christian, but unlike a lot of the attitudes here, I will admit that. I struggle daily.

And with that, I'm honestly done with this thread this time. I'm getting angry and bored of this back and forth supremacy.

"You're a sinner" "No YOU'RE a sinner" "Oh, yeah? You're going to hell" Yeah? YOU ARE FIRST" "The way I translate it is the right way" "No you're wrong."

Yeah. That's all I see here right now. Have a good day. All of you.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Neither do they with their patronizing attitudes either. Some of the most hypocritical and judgemental people I've ever been around.

You must admit however they do have a point about marrying an unbeliever. It may not be wise. We do dedicate ourselves to the Lord. However, they are not 100% correct in their handling of this situation either, in my opinion.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Esp when given scripture on the matter. Scripture is not God judging you, its just Gods word on the matter, take it and apply it.

Or not.

Your choice. God will judge you in your heart not outward appearance. If you enter a marriage with a divided heart a divided family you are going to get.

There are plenty of divided families in Churches. Heck the church itself is divided. Its like the pot calling the kettle black. Christians are divided over politics and many other things. That's sin, and it may just be spiritual fornication as well.

Upvote 0

Unmedicated

Dec 19, 2015
USA
✟8,547.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You must admit however they do have a point about marrying an unbeliever. It may not be wise. We do dedicate ourselves to the Lord. However, they are not 100% correct in their handling of this situation either, in my opinion.

Life's a gamble. What do you want me to say, man? I've seen children turn out bad from being raised in an extremely christian home. Turn out to be the biggest fornicators and drug sellers/abusers out there. So what's your point? I was expelled from a Christian school when I was in 8th grade for something I didn't do, because the kids said I was "poor white trash" from being from a public school. That's real Christian behavior, isn't it? What does that have to do with my post? That you can force your children to attend schools like that, go to churches, etc, but they could end up like I did - full of hatred.

You know what's most important to me? Understanding, respect, and love that is mutual. If I can get that with a Buddhist woman who is willing to let me teach my children the way I want to, then I'll take my chances. I have faith that if I let love reign and teach them the truth about Jesus and teach them to respect other people's religions, I feel in my heart that things will be just fine.

Playing with fire? Having children and marrying PERIOD is a gamble.

It was a mistake to come to this forum and I'm seriously fed up and tired with all the legalist and throwing around verses.

I wont be replying any further. I'm really fed up and angry and before I say something I will end up regretting, I'm going to take my leave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Hello.

My finacee is a Buddhist and is very open minded about my Christian faith. I really love this woman a lot. I can't help who I fall in love with.

Anyways, we were talking about how to raise the children (since it's a big deal). I told her I wanted to raise them Christian, and she didn't have a problem with that. However, she told me that she wanted them to be old enough to make their own minds up about things, and that she wanted to teach them about her belief in Buddhism.

Is there anyway to find the happy median? She's already told me that she doesn't mind them being raised Christian, but that she doesn't want me to force them into anything. For them to hear both sides of this and then decide for themselves when they are old enough to do so.

I never want to force my children to do anything, since I know saving grace is up to God. I was forced into Christianity and it made me a pretty bitter teenager. I came back, of course, but I don't want my children to go down the same road.

Any advice or thoughts?

Thanks and God bless.
One of the biggest lies we tell ourselves and often enough it is to overcome what we otherwise know is wrong is when we say, I can't help who I fall in love with.

Of course you can.

If you love the Buddhist woman as much as you say and she's open minded about what you said is your Christianity, then ask her to become a Christian. And see what she says in reply.

Because if you love her you don't want her to die condemned in her sins as a Buddhist.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You're right. Church is just a building. And the lot of you are a reminder of why I don't go to a church. I love God, but honestly I can't stand 90% of the followers. I hate to admit that, but it's true.

"If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen."

In other words, what you define as loving God is not quite the same as how God defines loving Him.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Life's a gamble. What do you want me to say, man? I've seen children turn out bad from being raised in an extremely christian home. Turn out to be the biggest fornicators and drug sellers/abusers out there. So what's your point? I was expelled from a Christian school when I was in 8th grade for something I didn't do, because the kids said I was "poor white trash" from being from a public school. That's real Christian behavior, isn't it? What does that have to do with my post? That you can force your children to attend schools like that, go to churches, etc, but they could end up like I did - full of hatred.

You know what's most important to me? Understanding, respect, and love that is mutual. If I can get that with a Buddhist woman who is willing to let me teach my children the way I want to, then I'll take my chances. I have faith that if I let love reign and teach them the truth about Jesus and teach them to respect other people's religions, I feel in my heart that things will be just fine.

Playing with fire? Having children and marrying PERIOD is a gamble.

It was a mistake to come to this forum and I'm seriously fed up and tired with all the legalist and throwing around verses.

I wont be replying any further. I'm really fed up and angry and before I say something I will end up regretting, I'm going to take my leave.

Its not my business who you marry. I'm not judging you.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen."

In other words, what you define as loving God is not quite the same as how God defines loving Him.

Politics is a harlot.

Upvote 0

Unmedicated

Dec 19, 2015
USA
✟8,547.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

If you believe that, why have you just passed judgement on me?

No one in this thread has passed judgement, which means to condemn; however many have given you sound and biblical advice, to which you've thanked them with insults.

Corrected someone is not the same thing as passing judgement.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What is a harlot though? Isn't it possible to marry a believer who is no better than a harlot, and also to marry an unbeliever who is better?

No. If someone says they are a believer, they should be
acting like one. I can say I'm a cat, but that doesn't make
me one. Unless maybe I'm a trans-feline.

[edit] Anyhow, better is relative, and if you have feelings for a
person, you are not objective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello.

My finacee is a Buddhist and is very open minded about my Christian faith. I really love this woman a lot. I can't help who I fall in love with.

Anyways, we were talking about how to raise the children (since it's a big deal). I told her I wanted to raise them Christian, and she didn't have a problem with that. However, she told me that she wanted them to be old enough to make their own minds up about things, and that she wanted to teach them about her belief in Buddhism.

Is there anyway to find the happy median? She's already told me that she doesn't mind them being raised Christian, but that she doesn't want me to force them into anything. For them to hear both sides of this and then decide for themselves when they are old enough to do so.

I never want to force my children to do anything, since I know saving grace is up to God. I was forced into Christianity and it made me a pretty bitter teenager. I came back, of course, but I don't want my children to go down the same road.

Any advice or thoughts?

Thanks and God bless.
Biblically speaking..."a house divided against itself, that house cannot stand." Mark 3:25

On a practical level, you should ask yourself if such a union even qualifies to be called a marriage according to the original terms given by God: The two are children of God, separated, and then become one [flesh] again. Meaning, that if she is not a child of God, but is a child of the world...then you would be doing the same as the sons of God, which was counted as "wickedness". Genesis 6:2

God, too, does not want to force His children either - so, you must choose. God has put before us life and death, therefore...choose life. Deuteronomy 30:19

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Don't forget to include yourself in the lot. You asked a question,
received answers you don't like, and now you're whining. Grow up.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You took that scripture out of context and say I'm wrong. The scripture is about fornication not marriage. It has nothing to do with marriage at all. The scripture seems to be talking about human courts deciding matters between believers. So its quite possible that the the human court is the prostitute. Regardless though, its about fornication not marriage.
when a Christian and a non-Christian have marital relations it is fornication. to have marital relations it has to be between a male and a female of the same image--that of God.
anything else is fornication.
agree with #262 above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.