Lucifer in Isaiah 14 can't be anyone else but Satan...

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Was the paradise lost story of a dramatic rebellion in heaven bibical or not?

Anything is biblical if it's in the bible....but you will have to be more specific for me to say anything further.

Lucifer being a morning star was a reference to what he was before his fall which is what my previous post was saying.

• Winner
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes he is. He is not a human man but he is very much a man. Gabriel is a man also as his name means "man of God".

Why do people in Revelation see him in his full form?

Also, hes not an angel anymore, so I dont think he looks like Gabriel or Michael.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Anything is biblical if it's in the bible....but you will have to be more specific for me to say anything further.

Lucifer being a morning star was a reference to what he was before his fall which is what my previous post was saying.

What post do you think makes the most sense?

Narcissist* Case Studies – Satan’s Narcissistic Traits

His primary goal is to be exalted and worshipped

The Reasons Why Christ Redeemed Men Rather than Angels

Their vast powers must be terrible instruments of self-torture. Their remembrance of the irrevocable past must also augment their misery. Their recollection of their lost heritage must greatly increase the anguish which afflicts them.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why do people in Revelation see him in his full form?

Also, hes not an angel anymore, so I dont think he looks like Gabriel or Michael.

Of course he looks different but he was created as an angel and he will be an angel until he is destroyed. He is considered a fallen angel, one of many but he is the highest of former rank and power.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Of course he looks different but he was created as an angel and he will be an angel until he is destroyed. He is considered a fallen angel, one of many but he is the highest of former rank and power.

: SPIRITUAL WARFARE -- THE EXISTENCE AND POWER OF GODLY ANGELS AND UNGODLY DEMONS
In the Book of Revelation, chapter 12, verses 3-4, we see that Lucifer persuaded one-third of God's holy angels to join him in his rebellion. At that moment of rebellion, God cursed Lucifer, and he became Satan, the adversary . God also cursed the angels participating in the rebellion, and they were transformed from beautiful angels to hideous beasts, instantly transformed into demons, all with a spitting hatred of God and everything belonging to God.

Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
And this hierarchy of angels is explicitly taught in scripture where?

You are asking the wrong question. In the event, it is aluded to in the Pauline epistles.

And it is important because why?

It's in the Syriac Orthodox small catechism.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't have enough info to say which makes the most sense.

What about this post?

God also cursed the angels participating in the rebellion, and they were transformed from beautiful angels to hideous beasts, instantly transformed into demons, all with a spitting hatred of God and everything belonging to God.

Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
To me its incomplete. We dont know how many types of angels and heavenly beings there really are.

Well, as an Orthodox, I know, because its dogmatically defined. One of the nice things I suppose about being a member of a traditional denomination is that information about these things is established.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, as an Orthodox, I know, because its dogmatically defined. One of the nice things I suppose about being a member of a traditional denomination is that information about these things is established.

a lot of things of heaven are mysteirous

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
testimonies of people who left the occult give different descriptions-like hiding true form.

Also, revelation calls the devil a dragon-a reptilian type being.

The first sentence isn't good enough as evidence. The second is a reference to Satan's way governing not his personal appearance. Scripture says Satan is disguised as an angel of light which is the opposite of appearing monstrous.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The first sentence isn't good enough as evidence. The second is a reference to Satan's way governing not his personal appearance. Scripture says Satan is disguised as an angel of light which is the opposite of appearing monstrous.

Isnt an angel of light a description of deceptive nature and not true form?

It says he is disguised as an angel of light-a shapeshifter, no is a literal angel of light.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

What other explanations make sense? If there is nothing to hide, all the costumes wouldnt be used.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Isnt an angel of light a description of deceptive nature and not true form?

It says he is disguised as an angel of light-a shapeshifter, no is a literal angel of light.

Yes the disguise is fake but the point is he is not scary looking or anything but looks like a bright ie: good and holy angel.

• Winner
Upvote 0