What if this is what happened in the Garden. The language seems to suggest it is possible. IF we let the bible interpret itself.

rodm1974

May 28, 2014
✟17,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 3:15 has the answer: And I will make you (Satan) and the woman (Eve) hate each other, and "your seed" (Speaking to Satan) and "her seed" (Speaking to Eve) will hate each other.)

Where it says "Her Seed" That means physical, human beings... The same hermetical rule applies to "Your seed" Satan's seed is also physical.

Now IF you are one of those people who doesn't understand the scriptures, allow me to clarify.

The serpent WAS NOT a snake, the serpent was cursed later, and the curse was that he crawl on his belly, so he did become a snake, but previously he was more of a hybrid, beast, man mix. This is why Eve was NOT shocked when he spoke to her.

The old English meaning of fruit and midst, and other words in the text, throughout the scriptures, and her being deceived IE. seduced means there was a sexual event between her and the hybrid.

This was to ruin the linage of Jesus, and this is not the only time Satan tried to do this.

Also, this is why the religious leaders said to Jesus, "we were not born from fornication or adultery, after Jesus said "You are of YOUR FATHER The Devil. Jesus was NOT speaking metaphorically here.

So, it would be the linage of Satan thru the possessed serpent, down to Cain, and the other linage would be from Adam, then to Seth, because Cain killed Abel.

And the woman said, the serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: (Prior to this curse he was NOT a snake)

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; (This seed means they both had physical offspring, Eve did and so did Satan)

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Genesis 3:15 has the answer: And I will make you (Satan) and the woman (Eve) hate each other, and "your seed" (Speaking to Satan) and "her seed" (Speaking to Eve) will hate each other.)

Where it says "Her Seed" That means physical, human beings... The same hermetical rule applies to "Your seed" Satan's seed is also physical.

Now IF you are one of those people who doesn't understand the scriptures, allow me to clarify.

The serpent WAS NOT a snake, the serpent was cursed later, and the curse was that he crawl on his belly, so he did become a snake, but previously he was more of a hybrid, beast, man mix. This is why Eve was NOT shocked when he spoke to her.

The old English meaning of fruit and midst, and other words in the text, throughout the scriptures, and her being deceived IE. seduced means there was a sexual event between her and the hybrid.

This was to ruin the linage of Jesus, and this is not the only time Satan tried to do this.

Also, this is why the religious leaders said to Jesus, "we were not born from fornication or adultery, after Jesus said "You are of YOUR FATHER The Devil. Jesus was NOT speaking metaphorically here.

So, it would be the linage of Satan thru the possessed serpent, down to Cain, and the other linage would be from Adam, then to Seth, because Cain killed Abel.

14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: (Prior to this curse he was NOT a snake)

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; (This seed means they both had physical offspring, Eve did and so did Satan)
A whole lot of speculation there. Drawing implications where there aren't even inferences to be proven.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is the serpent seed doctrine. I remember Arnold Murrey teaching it back in the 90s.

Here's a Wikipedia article on it:

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A whole lot of speculation there. Drawing implications where there aren't even inferences to be proven.
As the wiki article states it's a controversial fringe doctrine. It became popularized in the 19th century as did a slew of other unorthodox fringe doctrines.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The serpent WAS NOT a snake, the serpent was cursed later, and the curse was that he crawl on his belly, so he did become a snake, but previously he was more of a hybrid, beast, man mix.
It is widely believed that snakes evolved from lizards belonging to the Varanidae family. Today, varanids are represented by monitor lizards, making them the closest living relatives to snakes. They share a common ancestor with the dinosaurs but are not descended from them.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The devil entered into the body of the serpent (of which could have been a winged serpent/winged dragon)

Revelation 12:9​

ESV And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

In Eden was it a dragon or a serpent? The point is .... whatever physical form was taken on it was satan that took on that form.

Upvote 0