Lucifer in Isaiah 14 can't be anyone else but Satan...

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yes the disguise is fake but the point is he is not scary looking or anything but looks like a bright ie: good and holy angel.

This is spot on, hence the warning in Galatians 1:8

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What other explanations make sense? If there is nothing to hide, all the costumes wouldnt be used.

What's hidden is his evil nature not what he looks like. He doesn't look like a monster, no angel does even fallen ones. They are monsters inside and spiritually but not externally as far as appearance.

• Winner
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
what would be the point of the disguises if not the hide a scary true form?

The disguise is to hide the evil nature not a scary external look.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What's hidden is his evil nature not what he looks like. He doesn't look like a monster, no angel does even fallen ones. They are monsters inside and spiritually but not externally as far as appearance.

What about people saying that having things like dragons or goat heads can invite evil spirits to your house?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The disguise is to hide the evil nature not a scary external look.

Are people really stupid enough to believe they arent evil?

also, what about this?
What does Satan look like? What do demons look like?
One problem—and it’s a big one—with trying to describe what Satan and demons look like is that they are spirits. Spirits are, by definition, non-physical, and it is impossible to assign physical features to a non-physical entity. As spirit beings, demons do not have noses, eyes, hands, feet, tails, or anything else that we might look for in drafting a description. That’s one reason why the Bible never describes Satan’s appearance. Even the “angel of light” description in 2 Corinthians 11:14 is not meant as a sketch of his appearance; rather, it means to emphasize the deceitful nature of Satan. The devil wants us to believe he is truth when in reality he is falsehood.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What about people saying that having things like dragons or goat heads can invite evil spirits to your house?

It's not really related. Scary things are associated with evil but if you think Satan looks like a scary monster then you will have a hard time recognizing him...

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
how do you know they are wrong on this?

Because wrong is simply wrong. Same way anyone knows something is wrong when they read it.

Let's get back to the topic... Do you disagree Lucifer is Satan's former name?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because wrong is simply wrong. Same way anyone knows something is wrong when they read it.

Aren't both names in Latin and Hebrew? I don't think either is spoken in Heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

How can Lucifer be his name when Latin isnt the language in Heaven? The Bible speaks of a pure language that will be restored.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How can Lucifer be his name when Latin isnt the language in Heaven? The Bible speaks of a pure language that will be restored.

Isaiah was written in Hebrew. Lucifer is just the English rendition of the Hebrew name hêylêl after the Hebrew was translated into Latin and then later into English.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah was written in Hebrew. Lucifer is just the English rendition of the Hebrew name hêylêl after the Hebrew was translated into Latin and then later into English.

How can either be his heavenly name? God has a pure language. I dont think the same names we use are used in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isaiah 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Isaiah 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Isaiah 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

I believe that Isaiah 14:12-15 is the story of Satan, from the beginning of the creation. This may be known through threading of Isaiah 14:12-15, John 8:44, and Revelation 2:13-14, with Revelation 2:12 becoming the root according to, "Pergamos," meaning, height or elevation, and "Antipas," meaning, like the father. These two definitions are used to reference, "heights", and "like," in Isaiah 14:14. John 8:44 may be implicated with the word, "father", and "murderer" for "martyr" in Revelation 2:13. The place where Satan dwelleth is, in his "heart", as found in Isaiah 14:13 in which he "abode not in the truth" in John 8:44. I believe that, Antipas, may be, "the deep," in Genesis 1:2 KJV.

[Rev 2:12-13 KJV] 12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, [even] where Satan's seat [is]: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas [was] my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

[Jhn 8:44 KJV] 44 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

[Isa 14:12-15 KJV] 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How can either be his heavenly name? God has a pure language. I dont think the same names we use are used in Heaven.

I have never seen anything like that in the bible so I can't accept any of it. Lucifer's name in Hebrew is Heylel and that's all that matters.

Upvote 0