• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

living with Schizophrenic Mother and Step Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2009
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, I've been reading your post and I feel so encouraged as I never knew about such forums and I am so glad to have stumbled on this site. I am a 19 year old Londoner that lives with parents who both suffer from schizophrenia and it's so wonderful to read posts by those who suffer but also love the Lord and I am believing God for my family's salvation and deliverance. My mum is mostly stable, however last year she did act funny for a while and was admitted into hospital but here episodes are quite rare as the medicine keeps her. But my step dad is my worry, he's always been a tad strange but it seems to be getting worse as he receieves injections monthly I believe and towards the end of the month and just after he has received his new dose he begins to hear voices, swear and shout. He shouts at me and kicks the doors. I am particulary worried because he does not sleep and he has lost so much weight. He just sits in the darkness laughing or listening to hard core gangster rap music. Please join me in prayer as his behaviour scares me sometimes. Its his off period now, he shouted at me today, my mum tries her best to calm him down. I leave the house when he gets angry, do you think that's the best way to deal with it. How can I help him? We are not close but he is still my mum's husband. Thank you for your time. Shalom, Agape

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hey you, Well I can pray for you that your family has peace in your home. Ummmm... I don't suffer from schizophrenia but I do suffer psychosis. and I know it can be hard expecialy for those loved ones who witness it. Now leaving the house is a good idea because your really just not wanting to get you step Dad upset but also as a Family you should try to work together on rebuilding a coping skill the whole family has. And episodes and this disorder is very painful for those who go thru it. And well I think you are doing the right thing in this situation honestly. Your just trying to care for him.Please God I come to you in your Son's Rightous name and I ask you to bring healing upon this family. To help them endure the trails they have ahead and to work together as one family under your authority. Father I ask thats you give our friend the tools she needs to help her family. Father here we come today declaring that you are worthy of praise because you always come thru and I know that your will is peace. Please Father give this family everything they need and I Father in any way will help the best I can. In Christ's Rightous Name I pray Amen. Well that really was'nt much but I hope you and your family do well My best wishes to you and them.

Dabro.....

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, I've been reading your post and I feel so encouraged as I never knew about such forums and I am so glad to have stumbled on this site. I am a 19 year old Londoner that lives with parents who both suffer from schizophrenia and it's so wonderful to read posts by those who suffer but also love the Lord and I am believing God for my family's salvation and deliverance. My mum is mostly stable, however last year she did act funny for a while and was admitted into hospital but here episodes are quite rare as the medicine keeps her. But my step dad is my worry, he's always been a tad strange but it seems to be getting worse as he receieves injections monthly I believe and towards the end of the month and just after he has received his new dose he begins to hear voices, swear and shout. He shouts at me and kicks the doors. I am particulary worried because he does not sleep and he has lost so much weight. He just sits in the darkness laughing or listening to hard core gangster rap music. Please join me in prayer as his behaviour scares me sometimes. Its his off period now, he shouted at me today, my mum tries her best to calm him down. I leave the house when he gets angry, do you think that's the best way to deal with it. How can I help him? We are not close but he is still my mum's husband. Thank you for your time. Shalom, Agape

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Yes please do not stay near psychotically violent or threatening people, best to lay low for some time. Is it possible to reach this man with loving care? Love is the best weapon to lay violence dormant and start a relationship instead.

Lovingly work and pray for, and with these two people, Jesus will greatly reward you for that, already the same day and forevermore.

Be greatly blessed.

Gerry :wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.