Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds more like a bumper sticker to me than good, sound life advice.

Nope, it was dad's advice. I had a heating & air conditioning company for 22 years above board and now that I'm retired and looking back, I can affirm that it is good advice in retrospect.

You arent looking back yet so you can't see it I guess?

And dont let anybody tell you that you have to have 100 grand in the bamk to go into business because I started up on a shoestring.

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You arent looking back yet so you can't see it I guess?

I retired 19 years ago, so I've had ample time to look back. It's a bit naive to think that nobody who works for someone else has a job that they absolutely love. Some people don't want the responsibility of running their own business, no matter how easy it is. They just wanna do the thing that they love to do, and leave the fiddly bits to someone else. And what they love to do may seem awfully mundane and unfulfilling to you or me, but that's not what matters. What matters is how it seems to them.

Of course there are also those people who love the freedom of being their own boss, and there's nothing wrong with that, but as they say, different strokes for different folks. That's why I said that your father's words of wisdom are more appropriate for a bumper sticker, than they are infallible words to live by.

Upvote 0