Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I’m becoming an adult. Technically, I’m already one, as I’m 21, but I’m going through a drastic change in life.

Firstly, I got a new job and I start training for it tomorrow. While it pays well and has good benefits, I’m still nervous about it. My job isn’t very hard, just detail oriented and I don’t know if I’ll like it better or hate it more than my old job.

I’ll probably also be moving out very soon, and while I’m not worried about not being able to afford an apartment, I’m just nervous about the change and it’ll take some getting used to.

I am having a bad a relationship with my mom. On one hand, I want to get along with her and I admit to being selfish and ignoring her advice, but at the same time I feel like she always has to be right, and that I am forever indebted to her as if she did me a huge favor by giving birth to me.

I still don’t have a license, but I’m working on it. However my ADHD and Asperger’s makes it difficult.

One more thing. I’ve been experiencing some pain in a certain part of my body since yesterday, where it seemed to appear out of nowehere. I think it could be a hernia, but I went for two hernia inspections before that and neither doctor said they could find anything.

Thank you.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I’m becoming an adult. Technically, I’m already one, as I’m 21, but I’m going through a drastic change in life.

Firstly, I got a new job and I start training for it tomorrow. While it pays well and has good benefits, I’m still nervous about it. My job isn’t very hard, just detail oriented and I don’t know if I’ll like it better or hate it more than my old job.

I’ll probably also be moving out very soon, and while I’m not worried about not being able to afford an apartment, I’m just nervous about the change and it’ll take some getting used to.

I am having a bad a relationship with my mom. On one hand, I want to get along with her and I admit to being selfish and ignoring her advice, but at the same time I feel like she always has to be right, and that I am forever indebted to her as if she did me a huge favor by giving birth to me.

I still don’t have a license, but I’m working on it. However my ADHD and Asperger’s makes it difficult.

One more thing. I’ve been experiencing some pain in a certain part of my body since yesterday, where it seemed to appear out of nowehere. I think it could be a hernia, but I went for two hernia inspections before that and neither doctor said they could find anything.

Thank you.
I had a hernia long ago. Big hump and it hurt really bad. I don't know much about your ADHD or Asperger's, but maybe it's time for you to find an apartment.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First off, congratulations on the new job. Sounds like you are doing well and moving in the right direction.
Moving out on your own can be scary at first and your right, it just takes some getting used to.
Believe it or not, I was once your age (49 now), and one of the bigger mistakes I made was not listening to advise from older people. Family members included. For some reason, when you are young, you think you are smarter or don't need advise on how to do anything. Fact is, older people have been through what you are going to face, and their advise is usually pretty sound. But most people do things the hard way and learn by trial and failure instead.
As far as a job goes, yes, more money is nice, and benefits are huge these days, but in my experience a job that you enjoy doing is also worth a lot to me. I would rather make less money and enjoy what I am doing, than make lots of money and be miserable.
Also. the Bible says we are to honor our mother and father, give her a little slack, she just wants what is best for you. Maybe the moving out will give you more time apart, and be good for your relationship.
Also having a personal relationship with God, letting the Holy Spirit guide you, and putting that relationship before any other, made the biggest change for the better in my life.
Don't let that pain go unchecked. Sometimes you have to keep pestering doctors to get anything done. You know when something is wrong with your body, maybe go to a different doctor.
God Bless you brother

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, it shows this one says they are a Christian, but in their post with all their concerns they don't even mention You or that they want any prayer. It just seems like a note in a journal. I don't mean that to sound like a criticism, but just pointing out if they want prayer or help they should say so, and call on You as well. Proverbs 3:5-6; Jeremiah 33:3. Father, I pray that You will guide them through this time of "growing up", and that they will grow in knowing You quickly so as to have their priorities right (2 Peter 3:18; Acts 4:13). Amen.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images

Upvote 0

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can understand the feelings you expressed, friend. Know that I’ll be praying for you, asking the Lord to reveal His healing and comforting presence to you in a special and powerful way. May He grant you wisdom, guidance, and strength as you look to Him for every need. All the best!

Upvote 0