Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is something that I have been thinking about for a while. Is it ok for Christians to be allies to the LGBT+ community? I am not an ally, but I do not deny their humanity nor do I treat them any different then I would someone else. I can be friends with, hang out with, etc. a member of the LGBT+ community, I just don't support who you are/what you do. I get it if it is a non-believer as an ally, but a Christian makes me scratch my head. My sister who is a Christian is an ally. We even had a disagreement when she said you shouldnt eat at Chick-Fil-A because they give some of the money they make to Christian churches/organizations for anti-LGBT purposes. I haven't researched that, but that's what she claims. I told her that they were entitled to their opinion, especially as an organization with religious values. She then asked me how I'd feel is the KKK was receiving money from a restaurant. She got bent out of shape when I told her I didn't see our race as the same thing as one's orientation. I reminded her that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin in which she pointed out that I am a sinner which I am fully aware of. I know that I am a sinner, but at the same time, I admit that my sins are indeed sins and want to move away from them. I feel that these Christian allies are either denying it is a sin or are like "yeah it's a sin, but we're going to support it!" I feel like if you are a Christian you shouldn't be an ally or participating in pride month and so on. Is there something I am not getting? Please help me to understand.
I reminded her that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin in which she pointed out that I am a sinner which I am fully aware of.
Romans chapter 4
13 It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14 For if those who depend on the law are heirs, faith means nothing and the promise is worthless, 15 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.

James chapter 4 verse 12
There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Departure from the faith is when people conform to the trending ways of the world. Paul termed it the great falling away from the faith.

We are witnessing High Crimes committed against God and his Christ and we Christians are being subjugated through flaterries, in embracing the people who are brazingly committing them and attacking God's image in the process and even mocking his Christ.

This is truly an enemy that knows no boundaries and now is manifest as the Athropos (people's) of Sin.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (2 Thessalonians 2:3)

The term Man of Sin is properly rendered anthropos of Sin.

444 ánthrōposman, also the generic term for "mankind"; the human race; people, including women and men (Mt 4:19, 12:12, etc.).

Yet Jesus through the apostle Paul tells us the fate of these People of Sin and those who conspire with them by aiding and abetting them.....

The Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Brothers and sisters don't let them brow beat you, in accepting the lie that they are pushing onto the Church. Please brothers and sisters stand with Christ in this final hour and oppose this evil at will and even unto death.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
VC, that's just the problem... many Christians do in fact value tribalism and don't see how limiting and impoverishing it is. Ethics suffers as a result. Things that would otherwise be recognized as wrong or shameful are sanctioned in the name of having the right faith, a faith that is seen as above the challenges and questions posed by the modern world.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Why did Paul say "practice" when to be called a thief or drunkard is one who DOES practice their sin. He did not say alcoholic? Because not all alcoholics are still PRACTICING, some have overcome; but a drunkard is called a drunkard due to his unwillingness and his powerlessness to remain sober.
He didn't, so you shouldn't try to make the kind of distinction you're making here.

The phrase "men who PRACTICE homosexuality" is one translation's attempt to guess what two different terms in the list mean. Those terms aren't different in form from idolater, thief, etc. I believe the reason the translators used "practice" is to make a distinction between homosexual, which is actually an orientation that even includes people who are celibate, from people who engage in same-gender sex. Paul pretty clearly didn't intend to refer to the orientation, but to behavior.

Whether the two terms actually refer to same-gender sex is a matter of debate. As I noted, they are actually combining two terms in the list. In my view the first one pretty clearly doesn't refer to same-gender sex. The second one might.

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the OP. Christ died for all of us, He capped and defeated sin/death for us. We, as Christ followers, are to be like a friend, but not participating in their sin. Love the person, hate the sin.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you claim to know their heart? How do you know that they did not later repent, as the Bible is silent on this?

Moreover, God has a love for His creation. God loves the sinner. God loves His adopted children. But that love is not the same for the both of them. I love my wife very much. I love my neighbor's wife because she was created in the image of God. But the love I have for my wife is radically different than the love I have for my neighbor's wife. God's love is differentiated between His creatures. Not in the sense of favoritism, but according to the counsel of His own perfect divine will.

C’mon Joe——Of course I make no claim to know their hearts, and hope and believe that some of these soldiers later became Believers.I am referring to their state of mind as Jesus asked His Father to forgive them.I fail to see any fruits of repentance as they tormented Him .
Perhaps they were repenting as they gambled over His clothing or shoved a spear through His side. No,I do not know their hearts —- only God does—but if you really think these soldiers were repentant sinners at the time I Am referring to (the time that Jesus asked His Father to forgive them”........we will have to disagree

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
C’mon Joe——Of course I make no claim to know their hearts, and hope and believe that some of these soldiers later became Believers.I am referring to their state of mind as Jesus asked His Father to forgive them.I fail to see any fruits of repentance as they tormented Him .
Perhaps they were repenting as they gambled over His clothing or shoved a spear through His side. No,I do not know their hearts —- only God does—but if you really think these soldiers were repentant sinners at the time I Am referring to (the time that Jesus asked His Father to forgive them”........we will have to disagree

I forgot to mention the one soldier that WAS repentant...the soldier that confessed with his mouth....” truly this Man is The Son of God” that is the only Evidence We have of any true repentance at the cross ——other than the one thief,of course.

Upvote 0

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There is something that I have been thinking about for a while. Is it ok for Christians to be allies to the LGBT+ community? I am not an ally, but I do not deny their humanity nor do I treat them any different then I would someone else. I can be friends with, hang out with, etc. a member of the LGBT+ community, I just don't support who you are/what you do. I get it if it is a non-believer as an ally, but a Christian makes me scratch my head. My sister who is a Christian is an ally. We even had a disagreement when she said you shouldnt eat at Chick-Fil-A because they give some of the money they make to Christian churches/organizations for anti-LGBT purposes. I haven't researched that, but that's what she claims. I told her that they were entitled to their opinion, especially as an organization with religious values. She then asked me how I'd feel is the KKK was receiving money from a restaurant. She got bent out of shape when I told her I didn't see our race as the same thing as one's orientation. I reminded her that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin in which she pointed out that I am a sinner which I am fully aware of. I know that I am a sinner, but at the same time, I admit that my sins are indeed sins and want to move away from them. I feel that these Christian allies are either denying it is a sin or are like "yeah it's a sin, but we're going to support it!" I feel like if you are a Christian you shouldn't be an ally or participating in pride month and so on. Is there something I am not getting? Please help me to understand.
If you like the chicken at Chick-Fil-A, then by all means eat there.
Chick-Fil-Ar boycott is an anti-Christian cause. It is anyone's right to join into the cause, but if you believe in traditional family values, like Chick-Fil-A does, that does not mean that you have to wear the white pointy hat and burn crosses, like a KKK member.
It means you like the chicken, and you do not have a problem with a restaurant supporting Christian churches and traditional family values.
It is up to your sister whether she still want to be your friend and spend time with you. If she values her politics more than she values you, that is on her more than on you. You are entitled to hold onto pro-Christian values, just like the LBGT community is entitled to rally behind anti-Christian causes, such as a boycott of Chick-Fil-A.
Don't be afraid to be a Christian and evangelize Christian values. Accept people for who they are, and if they can't accept you for who, then that is on them.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
VC, that's just the problem... many Christians do in fact value tribalism and don't see how limiting and impoverishing it is. Ethics suffers as a result. Things that would otherwise be recognized as wrong or shameful are sanctioned in the name of having the right faith, a faith that is seen as above the challenges and questions posed by the modern world.

Oh, I know. And I regularly grieve for the state of our religion where many of us have become so accustomed to being the ones in the positions of power and privilege that we've chosen to erect for ourselves a golden calf and call it Jesus. After all, the real Jesus says we are supposed to love people even if it kills us, but fake Jesus likes all the people we like and hates all the people we hate, that's an easy Jesus. A Jesus far removed from the Cross and the Gospel, who exists as my very own personal Jesus.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I agree with the OP. Christ died for all of us, He capped and defeated sin/death for us. We, as Christ followers, are to be like a friend, but not participating in their sin. Love the person, hate the sin.

How do you go about loving a person who....

Continues to Steal
Continues to Lie
Continues to Murder
Continues to do sexually immoral acts
Continues in homosexuality
Continues to Rape
Continues in Paedophilia

If a individual shows no objection to that person doing those things, then in the eyes of God that individual is condoning those lawless acts, by aiding and abetting the crimes against God and his Christ.

Jesus instructs us how we are to deal with Sin in the Church........
Dealing With Sin in the Church

15“If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.16But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector. (Matthew 18:15-17)

Condoning homosexuality and same gender marriage in the Church is being friends with the world.

You adulterers! Don't you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

As a Christian I am offended and discriminated against if same gender union is put on an equal basis as sanctified marriage between a man and a woman.

Since I am offended and discriminated against, I will bring the charge before the Church and the Church elders. Therefore within the Church will be a line of separation between those who stand against sin and those that condone sin.

I urge all faithful Christians to make a stand against sin and to bring the charge before the Church elders. Involve as many people as you can and God is with you my friends. Do not let the enemy tell you to do nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where have I ever said that practicing same sex sex is NOT a sin?

That is not what I said. I did not say you said that. You build a Straw Man.

If a homosexual comes to Christ and abstains from their desires because of their desire to obey God, are they still damned?

More than just "abstain", they must repent, just as one who lusts must not merely "abstain" but repent. Merely "abstaining" means you are not really dealing with it. If one repents of their sin, all of their sin, and trusts in Jesus Christ, no, they are no longer condemned.

They resist their desires and are overcomers, yet you claim they can't be a Christian.

More Straw Man fallacies. That is not what I said. See previous comment above.

Isn't that enough, or must they also start desiring the opposite sex, even though they are not healed of their emotional affliction.

So you imply that God is not capable of giving the homosexual new desires to be attracted to the opposite sex, this is not the God of the Bible you are referring to. And homosexuality is not an "emotional affliction" no more than lying is not an "emotional affliction" or idolatry is not an "emotional affliction". Calling homosexuality an "emotional affliction" is minimizing the seriousness of sin.

Must we walk in complete physical and mental health before we can claim to be saved?

Giving up all for Christ is not enough???

More Straw Man fallacies as I never said that.

I would worry about yourself if you still sin, than thinking you are better than an overcomer.

Continuing on with the Straw Men. I never said I was better, not once.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you go about loving a person who....

Continues to Steal
Continues to Lie
Continues to Murder
Continues to do sexually immoral acts
Continues in homosexuality
Continues to Rape
Continues in Paedophilia

If a individual shows no objection to that person doing those things, then in the eyes of God that individual is condoning those lawless acts, by aiding and abetting the crimes against God and his Christ.

Jesus instructs us how we are to deal with Sin in the Church........

15“If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.16But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector. (Matthew 18:15-17)

Condoning homosexuality and same gender marriage in the Church is being friends with the world.

You adulterers! Don't you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

As a Christian I am offended and discriminated against if same gender union is put on an equal basis as sanctified marriage between a man and a woman.

Since I am offended and discriminated against, I will bring the charge before the Church and the Church elders. Therefore within the Church will be a line of separation between those who stand against sin and those that condone sin.

I urge all faithful Christians to make a stand against sin and to bring the charge before the Church elders. Involve as many people as you can and God is with you my friends. Do not let the enemy tell you to do nothing.

I have to point out that this post is an example of complete and utter misconstrue. I will answer because it's a wrong interpretation for this thread.

How do we love a person that sins? Share with them the Truth and how the Gospel has worked through me by God's testimony of my life. But it's up to them to decide to have a relationship with God. We can't make them.

Look at what Jesus did for not only for His people in the Gospels, but also for the Gentiles!
What does this mean?

It means that even though Jesus was there for His own people (Israel), He still had compassion on those outside of Him on earth. In reflection to this, this is how we ought to be in the world. Not of it.
So, to give posts about the church is an absolutely wrong interpretation for this thread. We aren't talking about the church here, we are talking about the world and how we should be a light just as Jesus is our light. Not the church.

We as Christians are not to condemn even each other, so why post about such condemnation instead of spreading love, and a hand of invitation to those who are so lost into His Kingdom?

• Friendly
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That is not what I said. I did not say you said that. You build a Straw Man.

More than just "abstain", they must repent, just as one who lusts must not merely "abstain" but repent. Merely "abstaining" means you are not really dealing with it. If one repents of their sin, all of their sin, and trusts in Jesus Christ, no, they are no longer condemned.

More Straw Man fallacies. That is not what I said. See previous comment above.

So you imply that God is not capable of giving the homosexual new desires to be attracted to the opposite sex, this is not the God of the Bible you are referring to. And homosexuality is not an "emotional affliction" no more than lying is not an "emotional affliction" or idolatry is not an "emotional affliction". Calling homosexuality an "emotional affliction" is minimizing the seriousness of sin.

More Straw Man fallacies as I never said that.

Continuing on with the Straw Men. I never said I was better, not once.

Good grief, don't you know that repentance is the only way they can abstain? And repentance is the only way one comes to Christ. They haven't come to Christ if they haven't repented. That is why John the Baptist came FIRST preaching repentance, paving the way for the Savior. I said if someone "comes to Christ" and abstains. Coming to Christ is a statement with many facets and that's what I meant. Next is the power of the Holy Spirit in them which Jesus gives only to His own that makes them able to abstain. It is the same with heterosexuals. Willful sin is willful sin. Whether you were an adulterer, fornicator, or homosexual, there is no sin that cannot be cleansed at the rebirth (which starts with repentance). Those who keep on sinning willful sin, no matter which kind will not inherit the kingdom of God.

You believe if they are saved they will desire the opposite sex as PROOF! To you, the power of the Holy Spirit to abstain is not enough! Though that is possible with God, all that scripture demands is not committing the sin, even in your mind. From what you said, if any Christian has a physical ailment and are not walking in complete health, they are damned. That can't just apply to homosexuals as you are doing, which is a biased hatred of the person, not just the sin. Abstaining is a power miracle you can't or refuse to see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We as Christians are not to condemn even each other

Yes, correct, we cannot condemn each other, because Jesus will be the one who will condemn and ecomminicate those who mislead the little ones in faith. Jesus gave us the example of the milestone tied around the neck for those type of people.

so why post about such condemnation instead of spreading love, and a hand of invitation to those who are so lost into His Kingdom?

So you must stop condemning me right now, because I feel that you are personally attacking me, because I am good and I said what is true, therefore I am not of this world and do not support the sins of the world.

So, to give posts about the church is an absolutely wrong interpretation for this thread. We aren't talking about the church here, we are talking about the world and how we should be a light just as Jesus is our light. Not the church.

It is not about we friend. It is all about Jesus Christ and his Church. You are making it about the we/self, because like many others, you want to find your place in the world.

15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. (1 John 2:15-17)

It means that even though Jesus was there for His own people (Israel), He still had compassion on those outside of Him on earth. In reflection to this, this is how we ought to be in the world. Not of it.

We are to teach Christ's righteousness and to convict the sinners to repent and to turn to Christ. This is the biblical definition of compassion. We are not to treat the unrepentant world as friends, but as enemies of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, who continue to rebel against God and his Christ. So our job is to bring them as willing disciples to Christ and his truth, that is why, we are NOT to accept the world as it is or as they are, for they must agree to turn away from their sins, that is, to sin no more.

Look at what Jesus did for not only for His people in the Gospels, but also for the Gentiles!

Yes, to repent and to turn away from sinning, that is sin no more!
As Jesus succinctly put it.

What does this mean?

To sin no more!

How do we love a person that sins? Share with them the Truth and how the Gospel has worked through me by God's testimony of my life. But it's up to them to decide to have a relationship with God. We can't make them.

We cannot love a person who continues to sin and to rebel against God, this would be a travesty and a compromised faith indeed, that bears the fruits of the world. As spoken by Jesus, lukewarm Christians are not favoured by Jesus, but are spewed out of his mouth.

I have to point out that this post is an example of complete and utter misconstrue. I will answer because it's a wrong interpretation for this thread.

That is your opinion in the matter.

I must say in my opinion, those willing to accept those who continue to do much violence and great harm to the Kingdom of Christ, that is his Church, are the many enemy combatants who willfully oppose the Lord.

Jesus is the head of his Church and to deny the Church would also be to deny the headship of it. I would sincerely hope that you see the light and understand that my posts are comforting words to true Christians, who are being brow beaten to accept the sins of the world and to become friends with criminals who continue their high crimes against God, because certain people are supporting this antithesis agenda against Jesus and his Church.

At the end of the day, those people will utterly loose and be made an example of by Jesus Christ himself, as he promises to do at his return.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Beloved brothers and sisters if you find yourselves in the midst of those who ally themselves with same gender unions, then you have a God given voice to stand up and to speak out against it. Get as many people involved and accumulate many witnesses and bring it to the attention of the Church elders.

If after doing this, we find ourselves shunned, accused as being unloving, by those allying themselves with same gender unions, then expose this fake worldly love by insisting on God's laws to be obeyed. Request those doing much violence and much harm to the body of Christ to be brought to task and be made to choose between what is Godly and acceptable to God to that which is unnatural, unholy and down right wicked.

Everyone has a choice, therefore don't let others make the choice for you. Now is the time to stand up for Jesus Christ and his truth and to say no to same gender unions and to reject it.

There is no God instructed obligation for true Christians to embrace or to accept those who continue to commit....

Theft
Murder
Rape
Homosexual acts
Same gender unions
Pedaphilia
inappropriate behavior with animals

As a Christian I am offended and discriminated against by those pushing the agenda to make same gender unions on equal basis to that of a sanctified marriage between a man and a woman.

God rebuke you Satan! God rebuke you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Is it ok for Christians to be allies to the LGBT+ community?

No, it is an act in putting oneself as an enemy of God, by siding with the world. Jesus is clear in regards to this matter....

15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.17The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. (1 John 2:15-17)

I am not an ally, but I do not deny their humanity nor do I treat them any different then I would someone else. I can be friends with, hang out with, etc. a member of the LGBT+ community

It is not permitted to entertain corruption, least over time you too will be led into corruption.

Scripture states.....

7Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.” (1 Corinthians 5:7, 12-13)

I just don't support who you are/what you do.

You are obligated as a Christian to reject falsehood and evil.

I get it if it is a non-believer as an ally, but a Christian makes me scratch my head.

That is right! That is why when the Lord returns many will say Lord Lord and be turned away by Jesus, after he tells them away from me evil doers.

My sister who is a Christian is an ally. We even had a disagreement when she said you shouldnt eat at Chick-Fil-A because they give some of the money they make to Christian churches/organizations for anti-LGBT purposes.

Your sister stands to be judged by Jesus. Ignore what she says and continue in Christ's truth that the Lord has strengthened you in.

I told her that they were entitled to their opinion, especially as an organization with religious values. She then asked me how I'd feel is the KKK was receiving money from a restaurant.

This is how the unseen enemy works.
It is the unseen spiritual principalities in high places, who infiltrate the mind and who sway opinions to give rise to seducing spirits that are seen to manifest even in our families.

Jesus said in the last days sister will be against sister, brother against brother and that the enemy will be from within one's own family.

She got bent out of shape when I told her I didn't see our race as the same thing as one's orientation.

Because truth isn't what is fought for here, but an agenda to dethrone Jesus and to destroy his body of believers. This I call the end of days demonic uprising. They know their time is short and so the unseen spiritual principalities in high places take over the minds of those who have not the full spiritual armour of God.

I reminded her that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin in which she pointed out that I am a sinner which I am fully aware of.

Homosexuality is not to be compared to sins committed daily by people, rather it is by definition the very act of rebellion against the Holy Creator and his Created Rights Image that all humans are created in. To accept those committing homosexual acts, is to accept those who continue to...

Steal
Murder
Rape woman, children and beasts

The seriousness of the sin of same gender unions can never be overstated.

I know that I am a sinner, but at the same time, I admit that my sins are indeed sins and want to move away from them.

Your day to day sins are trivial compared to the barbaric acts of same gendered unions.

I feel that these Christian allies are either denying it is a sin or are like "yeah it's a sin, but we're going to support it!"

They are compromised and they are part and parcel of the great falling away from the faith once given to the apostolic saints.

I feel like if you are a Christian you shouldn't be an ally or participating in pride month and so on.

You are 100% correct.

Is there something I am not getting? Please help me to understand.

Where you stand is in a difficult situation. In this situation if you cannot turn back your sister, then as scripture states you must deny her before Christ Jesus.

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn

“ ‘a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

36a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it. (Matthew 10)

Be Blessed and Jesus be with you in these dangerous Times that we are living in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Swan7

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, correct, we cannot condemn each other, because Jesus will be the one who will condemn and ecomminicate those who mislead the little ones in faith. Jesus gave us the example of the milestone tied around the neck for those type of people.

This is partially correct.

So you must stop condemning me right now, because I feel that you are personally attacking me, because I am good and I said what is true, therefore I am not of this world and do not support the sins of the world.

You feel that I was condemning? I'm not attacking anyone, simply giving/sharing the Truth where you spread false information about my post.

It is not about we friend. It is all about Jesus Christ and his Church. You are making it about the we/self, because like many others, you want to find your place in the world.

15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. (1 John 2:15-17)

***Please do not quote me anymore***

I can sympathize if English is not your first language.
No, you are actually twisting my posts, and quite possibly others as well. Please don't claim to know what you have read in your own understanding. You have misplaced scripture in this thread. That is quite clear. This thread, in context, is talking about the LGBT community, not the church. So please use scripture in its context.

We are to teach Christ's righteousness and to convict the sinners to repent and to turn to Christ. This is the biblical definition of compassion. We are not to treat the unrepentant world as friends, but as enemies of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, who continue to rebel against God and his Christ. So our job is to bring them as willing disciples to Christ and his truth, that is why, we are NOT to accept the world as it is or as they are, for they must agree to turn away from their sins, that is, to sin no more.

Exactly (to the first sentence)! How are you extending your hand to those by attacking me?
No, (second sentence) the sin is the enemy of God. If WE choose to sin and call ourselves Christians, then yes - we would be at enmity with God.
I NEVER said anything about accepting sin, I said to accept people. I know, a hard thing to understand - so please, lean on God for that.

Yes, to repent and to turn away from sinning, that is sin no more!
As Jesus succinctly put it.

See? We agree here.

To sin no more!

Please pay attention to the whole post. Don't nit-pick. Thanks.

We cannot love a person who continues to sin and to rebel against God, this would be a travesty and a compromised faith indeed, that bears the fruits of the world. As spoken by Jesus, lukewarm Christians are not favoured by Jesus, but are spewed out of his mouth.

Again, this is a hard thing to understand ourselves. Please lean on God's understanding. Just as God loves us unconditionally, so should we. God loves His sheep conditionally as well because He tells us to remain in His love. So should we reflect that with the church.

That is your opinion in the matter.

I must say in my opinion, those willing to accept those who continue to do much violence and great harm to the Kingdom of Christ, that is his Church, are the many enemy combatants who willfully oppose the Lord.

Jesus is the head of his Church and to deny the Church would also be to deny the headship of it. I would sincerely hope that you see the light and understand that my posts are comforting words to true Christians, who are being brow beaten to accept the sins of the world and to become friends with criminals who continue their high crimes against God, because certain people are supporting this antithesis agenda against Jesus and his Church.

At the end of the day, those people will utterly loose and be made an example of by Jesus Christ himself, as he promises to do at his return.

So much of this is also your opinion.

You say that I am willing to accept the sin, which is not my words at all, but your own. Tread very carefully. I am warning you as a sister in Christ.
I do see His light. But you say that I don't. Be careful with what you say against the Spirit that is in me and others as well.

Hmm... that post was not comforting, my friend. It was rather accusatory, which is unfortunate since you say otherwise. That is not how it came across to me.
Jesus accepted a thief into the Kingdom of God if he believed in Him... How much more comforting and loving is that? Jesus seemed to justify by faith in Him.

Yes... but that is His justice, not ours. We are to invite sinners into repentance so they can have eternal life - just as you and I have, as long as we remain in His love.

I'm not replying anymore because I do not wish to derail this thread any longer. Please do not quote or reply to me about this as I am ceasing the thread. I will be praying for you and many. :yellowheart:

• Friendly
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

kwame1

Nov 3, 2017
Accra
✟15,981.00
Country
Ghana
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you're spot on in your assessment. If Jesus had been an "ally" to the tax collectors, he would have said it's OK to be greedy and dishonest because they were born that way. But of course, he didn't. He was able to humanize them and show them compassion without excusing what they did. That's what I try to do.
Jesus did that to change the tax collector to become a believer and change or repent from his bad ways...so if you are not doing this to tell him /her the truth for them to repent then there is no need endorsing and encouraging them..is a sin and if you are afraid to tell them to their face you are not ready to stay true to you faith but afraid of what the society says about you......A DAY WILL COME PEOPLE WILL START PROTESTING so to be TO MARRY THEIR own CHILDREN AND SO ON.

• Winner
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good grief, don't you know that repentance is the only way they can abstain? And repentance is the only way one comes to Christ. They haven't come to Christ if they haven't repented. That is why John the Baptist came FIRST preaching repentance, paving the way for the Savior. I said if someone "comes to Christ" and abstains. Coming to Christ is a statement with many facets and that's what I meant. Next is the power of the Holy Spirit in them which Jesus gives only to His own that makes them able to abstain. It is the same with heterosexuals. Willful sin is willful sin. Whether you were an adulterer, fornicator, or homosexual, there is no sin that cannot be cleansed at the rebirth (which starts with repentance). Those who keep on sinning willful sin, no matter which kind will not inherit the kingdom of God.

I did not read you to say this previously (that repentance leads to abstention). It is very possible for someone to abstain and not repent. Many people abstain from sex outside of marriage, that does not mean that they are righteous before God.

You believe if they are saved they will desire the opposite sex as PROOF!

Your use of Straw Men continues. I never said such a thing.

To you, the power of the Holy Spirit to abstain is not enough!

I did not say that either.

From what you said, if any Christian has a physical ailment and are not walking in complete health, they are damned.

Never said or implied such a thing. Homosexuality is not a physical ailment. And I never said that Christians are sinlessly perfect.

Since you continue to use Straw Men and misrepresent what I write, I am not going to continue this conversation. Clearly you refuse to read or understand my position with rationality.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I did not read you to say this previously (that repentance leads to abstention). It is very possible for someone to abstain and not repent. Many people abstain from sex outside of marriage, that does not mean that they are righteous before God.

Your use of Straw Men continues. I never said such a thing.

I did not say that either.

Never said or implied such a thing. Homosexuality is not a physical ailment. And I never said that Christians are sinlessly perfect.

Since you continue to use Straw Men and misrepresent what I write, I am not going to continue this conversation. Clearly you refuse to read or understand my position with rationality.

With all your responses, it is very telling that you didn't respond to hating the person, not just the sin. Hate is murder.

Upvote 0