Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What would other Christian think if I tell them that I experienced the Rapture but missed it for lack of Faith?
I would say that this notion of a rapture was planted in the subconscious religiously, and now manifested itself as an experience, of what sort I know not, and mistakenly associated the confirmation bias to be a sign that it happened. The subconscious plays a powerful role in the human psyche.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What would other Christian think if I tell them that I experienced the Rapture but missed it for lack of Faith?

Don't feel bad. We all missed it since we're all still here. What point are you wanting to make?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The concept of rapture in Matthew 24 is quite different than many Christians could imagine or accept.

That rapture is compared directly to Noah and the Ark where the wicked is removed from the face of the earth while the righteous few remains. Though not mentioned, it parallels the account of Sodom and Gomorrah where only the righteous few were spared and remained on the land while the wicked were exterminated.

The rest of the passages in Matthew speaks of the coming of Christ to take away the wicked (compared to that of a thief or as both judge and executioner to take away the wicked and cut to pieces).

After all, how could the meek inherit the Earth if they were taken away;)

The concept of a "New Earth" doesn't always mean we get transferred to a different planet. "New" can sometimes mean transformation or rebirth into a new creation like being born again (figuratively).

Obviously, if all the wicked people on Earth are taken out, the Earth would be transformed into paradise overnight. Poverty and crime would be eliminated because if all the righteous and meek people remain, no-one's greedy and selfish anymore and would share resources to everyone. With only few people remaining, there'd be over-abundance of resources for everyone.

Upvote 0

Bro Daniel

Oct 23, 2022
Berkeley
✟8,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The concept of rapture in Matthew 24 is quite different than many Christians could imagine or accept.

That rapture is compared directly to Noah and the Ark where the wicked is removed from the face of the earth while the righteous few remains. Though not mentioned, it parallels the account of Sodom and Gomorrah where only the righteous few were spared and remained on the land while the wicked were exterminated.

The rest of the passages in Matthew speaks of the coming of Christ to take away the wicked (compared to that of a thief or as both judge and executioner to take away the wicked and cut to pieces).

After all, how could the meek inherit the Earth if they were taken away;)

The concept of a "New Earth" doesn't always mean we get transferred to a different planet. "New" can sometimes mean transformation or rebirth into a new creation like being born again (figuratively).

Obviously, if all the wicked people on Earth are taken out, the Earth would be transformed into paradise overnight. Poverty and crime would be eliminated because if all the righteous and meek people remain, no-one's greedy and selfish anymore and would share resources to everyone. With only few people remaining, there'd be over-abundance of resources for everyone.

I agree that the rapture can mean many things that involves divine intervention from God to save the righteous. Many Christians have this preconceived notion that any Christian deem worthy enough will be be raptured out of here but we know God works in mysterious ways. And if God were to judge the world He would want to take His own people before He can bring wrath unto the wicked. In the days of Noah, the wicked were given 120 years to repent but none did. Similarly, the people of Sodom and Gommorah were granted mercy by the intercession of Abraham to God but failed to find 10 righteous and was destroyed. And now at our current time we had 2000 years of Grace to repent, and also the book of Revelations to show us what God was going to do at the end times. I believe God is saying that we have enough chances, so if you're still going to ignore Me then you deserve to die.

They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness” (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12).

If the rapture were to happen, I don't think no one would know...

Upvote 0

Bro Daniel

Oct 23, 2022
Berkeley
✟8,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I would say that this notion of a rapture was planted in the subconscious religiously, and now manifested itself as an experience, of what sort I know not, and mistakenly associated the confirmation bias to be a sign that it happened. The subconscious plays a powerful role in the human psyche.

You would think...

Reactions: YahuahSaves
Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You didn't...

I don’t know what you experienced, but I don't think it was the rapture.

I've had a supernatural experience that revealed Jesus as King (never read a bible for myself at the time and didn't know much about Jesus).
It was the most alive and free I've ever felt, the joy, love and peace surpassed natural understanding.

I told a handful of people... wrong thing to do because people just think you're nuts. (Including some Christians).
Then I thought, maybe I imagined it? Yes, that's it, I had a random psychotic episode.

I ended up in the blackest depression I've ever experienced for 5 years. At one point, I mocked the idea of Jesus and thought it stupid that people thought a man from 2000 years ago was God... this is the effect the enemy can have on the mind if we aren't careful or we just don't know enough. It's why I choose not to belittle someone for their experiences.

Anyway, God (Jesus) called me out of the world again last year, and I am covered by the blood, because he's shown me in various ways through all my doubts and fears.

If the rapture had occurred, there wouldn't be so many new people every day with testimonies just like mine... we walk the walk of faith - leave the details up to God.

Upvote 0