• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Law of sin and death?

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Dave-W, May 6, 2019.

1. LoveofTruth

LoveofTruth Christ builds His church from within us

+1,516
    Christian
    Paul did quote scriptures often and he actually wrote scripture as well. Paul said

2 Timothy 3:16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.”

In Paul’s day and today believers should not be restricted by some forum rules that hinder free expression and where people will revert to their own rules rather than live and patience in Christ.
    I am not afraid to talk to any about anything. But in this case scripture is all that is needed. Paul very clearly corrects many’s ideas in here.

2. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,442
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I am NOT talking about "the old covenant." I am talking about NEW COVENANT Judaism.

If you do not or cannot recognize that, why are you in this forum?

3. Dave-W

+15,442
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    You are applying what Paul said to gentile believers to everyone.

4. LoveofTruth

+1,516
    Christian
    Peter did the same

Acts 15:7. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.8. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;9. And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.10. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?11. But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.”

5. Shimshon

Shimshon Well-Known Member

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    He seems to think we are fearful and troubled by the scripture he is misapplying, and that if he wasn't bound by some form of control, lord knows it's not the SOP of this forum, he would expose and correct us in a much bolder manner.

He's using scripture like a gun with verses as bullets to pierce the ones he seeks to expose and correct. And he thinks we are scared and troubled by his acting like a crusader on his mission. You could call him a Holy Roller, he rolls all questions off his sleeve as he wields his holy sword, Paul the Apostate....

And he claims to not be afraid to talk about anything yet he refuses to answer scores of questions provided him.

6. Dave-W

+15,442
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Peter was talking about the gentile believers, NOT the Jewish believers. That was understood by James and Paul as well.

Acts 21:20 When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. 22 What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23 so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law.

And then James adds this:

25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.”

7. Dave-W

+15,442
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Par for the course.....

8. Yeshua HaDerekh

Yeshua HaDerekh Men can dream of truth, but then cant live with it

+1,788
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Except that is about FASTING...

9. LoveofTruth

+1,516
    Christian
    What do you mean when you say

Paul the apostate”?????

10. LoveofTruth

+1,516
    Christian
    No it’s not

11. LoveofTruth

+1,516
    Christian
    Read Acts 21 closer. They (the Jewish believers in Jesus) still we’re sacrificing animals.

Acts 21:26. Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purifcation, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.”

Paul said also,

1 Corinthians 9:19. For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.20. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;21. To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.22. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.23. And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.”

You greatly error

Read Hebrews 9-11 over and over again in prayer.

12. LoveofTruth

+1,516
    Christian
    Acts 15:7. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.8. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;9. And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.10. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?11. But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.”

13. Dave-W

+15,442
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Of course they were. So was Paul.

14. Dave-W

+15,442
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    No difference in how they were saved.
    BIG difference in how they were to live.

15. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,788
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Absolutely it is

16. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,788
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Do you even know what they were doing? You are VERY wrong because you do not know the Jewish context...

17. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+4,753
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    As Dave mentioned, the differences relate to function not salvation.

Israel was never mandated to go out into the world. They were told to be a light unto it by staying separate and being different. There were prohibitions about mixing. Outsiders could join but they weren’t permitted to do the same.

Discipleship wasn’t their assignment which is why they don’t proselytize and have serious issues with it. Being a light is their mission.

Gentiles were instructed to go into the world and make disciples of all men. They didn’t have the same restrictions Israel received. Making disciples is their mission.

Christ said He did not come to abolish the Law; but to fulfill it. His fulfillment is its completion. This is the issue with replacement theology.

We are one in spirit but different in function. That hasn’t changed. Two brides with one God. Father and Son.

18. pinacled

pinacled walking with the Shekinah

+506
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    What part of the torah is fading? I asked you a very specific question to which an answer is found in
    Romans 5
    two mountains in shechem where the terrain of the torah has since been reshaped to a land in the torah of the spirit. Only the lawless deny the Royal Torah.
    But the free gift is not like the offence. For if, because of one man’s offence, many died, then how much more has God’s grace, that is, the gracious gift of one man, Yeshua the Messiah, overflowed to many

What then shall i do with the old wine?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  19. Mercy74

Mercy74 Mercy Messianic Judaism

+65
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    Wine increases in value with age, but you must keep the ancient wine within the bottle or wineskin, the year is normally written on the container (smile). What covenant did he make with them when he lead them out of Egypt? Did Israel exist as a nation at that time?

20. Mercy74

Mercy74 Mercy Messianic Judaism

+65
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    When a nation is formed (Israel) a constitution or covenant is ratified. This means that all other legal agreements are made null and void like slavery. A constitution may abolish slavery. I know you do not know the mind of Paul the son of a Pharisee; sold as a slave to sin (Romans 7:14).