• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Law of sin and death?

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Dave-W, May 6, 2019.

1. LoveofTruth

LoveofTruth Christ builds His church from within us

+1,520
    Christian
    I teach exactly what Paul taught. Interestingly, I often just quote Paul and sone have trouble with him and what he says.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. LoveofTruth

+1,520
    Christian
    Hebrews 8:8-13

And

Romans 2:25. For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.”

Galatians 5:2. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.”

And

Galatians 5:3. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.4. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.”

Consider in prayer

You have the verses and are accountable for what you hear.

3. LoveofTruth

+1,520
    Christian
    Galatians 5:2. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.”

4. LoveofTruth

+1,520
    Christian
    To all

Romans 4:13. For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.14. For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:”

5. LoveofTruth

+1,520
    Christian
    To all:

Acts 15:24. Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:”

6. Shimshon

Shimshon Well-Known Member

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    You do not. And that is an old and tired line you use.

7. Mercy74

Mercy74 Mercy Messianic Judaism

+66
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    You read without understanding. Can you explain circumcision? You sound like someone who never played basketball trying to teach others how to play the game.

8. LoveofTruth

+1,520
    Christian
    Listen to Peter then

“ Acts 15:5. But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.6. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.7. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.8. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;9. And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.10. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?11. But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.”

9. Shimshon

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Are you using this verse here to preach to Jews that our circumcision means we are cursed from our Messiah's blessings? Do you believe a Jew can be in Christ and remain Jewish? i.e. circumcised

10. LoveofTruth

+1,520
    Christian
    Colossians 2:11. In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:12. Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.”

Philippians 3:2. Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.3. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.4. Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:5. Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;6. Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.7. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:”

11. Mercy74

+66
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    What is the "yoke" on the neck of the disciples?

12. LoveofTruth

+1,520
    Christian
    Read vs 5

13. LoveofTruth

+1,520
    Christian
    I just quoted Jesus speaking through Paul and you got upset .... strange

14. LoveofTruth

+1,520
    Christian
    Galatians 6:12. As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.13. For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.14. But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.15. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.”

15. Shimshon

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I asked you two specific questions which you choose to ignore. Please answer the questions, instead of using your art of projection on me again.

Are you using the verse you posted to preach to Jews that our circumcision means we are cursed from our Messiah's blessings? Do you believe a Jew can be in Christ and remain Jewish? i.e. circumcised

16. Shimshon

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    What does that mean to you and why did you post it here?

17. Shimshon

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Same old tired line...

18. Mercy74

+66
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    I asked you a question but you neglect giving an answer. That is not the spirit of Christ (1 Peter 3:15)

19. Shimshon

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    As much as I missed this post until now, you completely missed the point of these scriptures if that is your conclusion.

I am speaking of the covenant made with Abraham. You need much help with understanding it, and the rest of the bible.

20. Shimshon

+769
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I'm still waiting for an honest answer to mine too. I agree he doesn't want to answer many questions.