SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Laughable new GOP report: Yes, Trump did it. But his motives were pure!
Boiled down to its essence, the Ukraine scandal is really a tale about a president who has subverted the interests of the nation to his own by putting our foreign policy at the disposal of his naked personal and political needs.

This is the throbbing nexus of corruption at the core of this whole story, the driving force behind President Trump’s use of the power of his office — and the conditioning of official acts — to extort a foreign power into carrying out dirty deeds that would help his reelection campaign.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What paywall?

Boiled down to its essence, the Ukraine scandal is really a tale about a president who has subverted the interests of the nation to his own by putting our foreign policy at the disposal of his naked personal and political needs.

This is the throbbing nexus of corruption at the core of this whole story, the driving force behind President Trump’s use of the power of his office — and the conditioning of official acts — to extort a foreign power into carrying out dirty deeds that would help his reelection campaign.

House Republicans have now formalized their defense of Trump with the release of a new report as the impeachment process shifts into its next phase, and at the center of it is an effort to make that corrupt motive disappear entirely.

The report’s new argument is that, yes, Trump might have made requests of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to announce “investigations” that would validate Trump’s (invented) theory of Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election and his (fabricated) narrative of corruption on the part of Joe Biden and his son in Ukraine.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I love it when people complain about not getting free stuff. I remember when people would put a quarter in the newspaper dispenser and take six. American capitalism is alive and well.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
I hit a paywall. Maybe I’ve accessed too many articles recently. Don’t know.

Most likely. I believe Washington Post allows 5 free articles per month.

Some have said you can get around it by clearing your cookies, haven't tried doing that.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I love it when people complain about not getting free stuff. I remember when people would put a quarter in the newspaper dispenser and take six. American capitalism is alive and well.
Yeah good point but in this instance it would require one to give their money to a known left wing publication that's not very balanced. Hardly think many want to do that.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Yeah good point but in this instance it would require one to give their money to a known left wing publication that's not very balanced. Hardly think many want to do that.

Of course they're not balanced - they're high in factual content.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.....there seems to be a new "defense" every day.

he report’s new argument is that, yes, Trump might have made requests of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to announce “investigations” that would validate Trump’s (invented) theory of Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election and his (fabricated) narrative of corruption on the part of Joe Biden and his son in Ukraine.

Upvote 0