Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Besides, I'll take a Kid Rock over a Democrat who promotes the holocaust of abortion and the abomination of gay marriage any day and twice on Sundays.
This sounds just like the view of many Democrats on abortion.
He said, “I am definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues. I am no fan of abortion, but it’s not up to a man to tell a woman what to do.
http://www.lifenews.com/2015/01/06/...-of-abortion-but-he-supports-abortion-anyway/

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Besides, I'll take a Kid Rock over a Democrat who promotes the holocaust of abortion and the abomination of gay marriage any day and twice on Sundays.
On Gay Marriage and Abortion
"I am definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues. I am no fan of abortion, but it's not up to a man to tell a woman what to do. As an ordained minister I don't look forward to marrying gay people, but I'm not opposed to it." –
The Guardian, January 2015
Kid Rock's Politics: Everything You Need to Know

Kid Rock does use profanity in interviews, so be aware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Kid Rock has a chance, considering that Stabenow's main function in the Senate is to stand next to Democrat leaders during press conferences and bob her head in approval of whatever is said; but these polls taken far in advance of the campaign season really don't reveal much of anything.

Upvote 0

CatholicCrusader

Papal Crusader
Jul 28, 2017
California
✟3,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
On Gay Marriage and Abortion
"I am definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues. I am no fan of abortion, but it's not up to a man to tell a woman what to do. As an ordained minister I don't look forward to marrying gay people, but I'm not opposed to it." –
The Guardian, January 2015
Kid Rock's Politics: Everything You Need to Know

Kid Rock does use profanity in interviews, so be aware.

Hmmm. Okay. I am a stand up guy and will admit that his positions are bad and that I was not aware of those statements. But, if elected would he vote with the party, and thus advance our cause, or do you think he would be like a Susan Collins and vote against the party? I'll bet he would be a team player. And maybe he will change. In my 20's I had no problem with abortion either. I regret my youthful error.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm. Okay. I am a stand up guy and will admit that his positions are bad and that I was not aware of those statements. But, if elected would he vote with the party, and thus advance our cause, or do you think he would be like a Susan Collins and vote against the party? I'll bet he would be a team player. And maybe he will change. In my 20's I had no problem with abortion either. I regret my youthful error.
I'd bet he would vote the way he really believes, unless he is another Trump who just wanted to be President.
You still sound young to me. Voting is not like picking your favorite NFL team. It's not about ra, ra, go team go.

Upvote 0

CatholicCrusader

Papal Crusader
Jul 28, 2017
California
✟3,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'd bet he would vote the way he really believes, unless he is another Trump who just wanted to be President.
You still sound young to me. Voting is not like picking your favorite NFL team. It's not about ra, ra, go team go.
I am 55 years old.
Actually, voting IS picking a team. The Parties have a platform and positions, and those are what I vote for. Only a fool ignores those and votes for personality. A doofus Republican is my choice over a brilliant Democrat because of the party's platform and positions on issues.

Upvote 0

He is Risen 72

Colossians 2:14 The Law is nailed to the Cross!!
Sep 3, 2013
Michigan
✟27,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am 55 years old.
Actually, voting IS picking a team. The Parties have a platform and positions, and those are what I vote for. Only a fool ignores those and votes for personality. A doofus Republican is my choice over a brilliant Democrat because of the party's platform and positions on issues.

Well said, support the party at all costs.

Upvote 0

CatholicCrusader

Papal Crusader
Jul 28, 2017
California
✟3,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Third party votes aren't in vain- if they get enough votes, they'll receive funding for the next election.
They are in vain in the sense that they will not win, and therefore, if you are normally a person who votes Republican or Democrat and you decide to vote third party then the party that you have the most in common with and that actually has a chance of winning has been denied your vote.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
They are in vain in the sense that they will not win, and therefore, if you are normally a person who votes Republican or Democrat and you decide to vote third party then the party that you have the most in common with and that actually has a chance of winning has been denied your vote.
Most of the time, yes. However, we must admit that third parties can punish a party that it competes against by preventing the major party candidates from being elected. That happened to George H. W. Bush in 1992 and Al Gore in 2000. In addition--and as has happened a number of times in American history--a third party can influence one of the major parties to adopt its platform by threatening to run candidates against the major party.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Who was talking about legal qualifications, not me.

Oh, so did you mean the public at large's individually determined "qualifications" ?

Because that is individually determined at the voting booth, WHEN an individual chooses to cast a vote.

Or was it something else?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

True. Too bad to. Since as many as 30 people typically, for example run for President, yet only "certain" candidates will receive recognition, air time, funding, etc. (of course being who the politicos determine, not the people at large) .

Poli - meaning many
tics - meaning blood sucking creatures

lol

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, so did you mean the public at large's individually determined "qualifications" ?

Because that is individually determined at the voting booth, WHEN an individual chooses to cast a vote.

Or was it something else?

God Bless,
SBC
I was referring to moral and ethical character traits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope Kid Rock does win. That would really shake up things in Congress.

And that would mean religious right conservatives would now have two unethical and immoral men representing them and their political party. The first would be Donald Trump. I heard a couple of conservatives at church refer to the Republican party as "God's Party," which seems a bit odd to me since Trump is the president, and now Kid Rock is running for office on their ticket. I'm honestly relieved that I'm not a Republican anymore because if I was, I would change political parties without a second thought rather than have my political party represented by Trump and now possibly Kid Rock.

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And that would mean religious right conservatives would now have two unethical and immoral men representing them and their political party. The first would be Donald Trump. I heard a couple of conservatives at church refer to the Republican party as "God's Party," which seems a bit odd to me since Trump is the president, and now Kid Rock is running for office on their ticket. I'm honestly relieved that I'm not a Republican anymore because if I was, I would change political parties without a second thought rather than have my political party represented by Trump and now possibly Kid Rock.

Unethical? How so? Perhaps you meant unconventional?

Immoral? How so?

Seriously? You switched parties based on moral and ethical standards, and then claim by default you are a Democrat? Yes?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever talked to Kid Rock or know him?

God Bless,
SBC
I quoted Kid Rock about what he believes. Should I not consider his own words?

But the post that you are referring to was not necessarily aimed at him, I was actually thinking of Trump.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0