Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Answering any of those 'gotcha' questions would lead to entrapment in a hypothetical narrative that would be sold as a real event. I'm hundreds of miles away and I could spot that.
He didnt want the investigation and neither did the GOP. But they are the party in power so they are not required to pursue it, thats their prerogative. But the rants that this is Democart scandal mongering is disingenuous coming from a party that thrives on it. Whats more the balance of power is going to shift, Kavanauh in as much as threarened it. Both sides do it so neither side has the moral capitol to sermonize about it.

He will be nominated, probably in days. He had a chance at transparency but xhoose to put this matter behind him. I can see why, its been torture for him, his family and even his accusor. I'd of just told them investigate anything you like but I don't need it, I already know the accusation is false.

When Clearance Thomas was going through this he said I've racked my brain and tore my guts out trying to think of when I might of said these things. Mind you he was accused of lewd remarks, not assault. I believed him them and I believed Kavanaugh right up until he refused to answer the question. I'm not saying I think he did it, only that he planted a lingering doubt.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He didnt want the investigation and neither did the GOP. But they are the party in power so they are not required to pursue it, thats their prerogative. But the rants that this is Democart scandal mongering is disingenuous coming from a party that thrives on it. Whats more the balance of power is going to shift, Kavanauh in as much as threarened it. Both sides do it so neither side has the moral capitol to sermonize about it.

He will be nominated, probably in days. He had a chance at transparency but xhoose to put this matter behind him. I can see why, its been torture for him, his family and even his accusor. I'd of just told them investigate anything you like but I don't need it, I already know the accusation is false.

When Clearance Thomas was going through this he said I've racked my brain and tore my guts out trying to think of when I might of said these things. Mind you he was accused of lewd remarks, not assault. I believed him them and I believed Kavanaugh right up until he refused to answer the question. I'm not saying I think he did it, only that he planted a lingering doubt.

I think he finally tired of their game and refused to play. His legal mind eventually clicked in and he repeated his defense in answer to their questions, that they have no case and he wasn't going to engage in their hypotheticals. I even got tired of this naked attempt at entrapment.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think he finally tired of their game and refused to play. His legal mind eventually clicked in and he repeated his defense in answer to their questions, that they have no case and he wasn't going to engage in their hypotheticals. I even got tired of this naked attempt at entrapment.
I disagree, he and the other Republicans refused an investigation and simply stonewalled. I'm sympathetic to what he went through and wish him well on the bench. I just think that respinse was a resounding thud he will never recover from. Truth is I think the allegation is false, I just didnt appreciate that response.

I guess I'm the only Democrat left who objects to his nomination because he is a partisan hack. Would to God it were otherwise but thats politics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nm my mistake.
How do I know that he vwill be confirmed or how do I know the accusation is false? A simple majority will wisk him onto the bench and the details regarding collaborating evidence dont exist. Its a done deal, so be it.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How do I know that he vwill be confirmed or how do I know the accusation is false? A simple majority will wisk him onto the bench and the details regarding collaborating evidence dont exist. Its a done deal, so be it.

Don't worry about it, I was reading what you said incorrectly, so my question wouldn't have made sense.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I disagree, he and the other Republicans refused an investigation and simply stonewalled. I'm sympathetic to what he went through and wish him well on the bench. I just think that respinse was a resounding thud he will never recover from. Truth is I think the allegation is false, I just didnt appreciate that response.

I guess I'm the only Democrat left who objects to his nomination because he is a partisan hack. Would to God it were otherwise but thats politics.

What do his judgments from the bench indicate? They'll get their investigation now. He's still a long way from final confirmation.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't it possible to drink and still remember things pretty well? Do you have to black out while drinking? Do you suddenly turn into a rapist because you had too much to drink? Wouldn't it be possible to have too much to drink, but still remember stuff well enough?

"pretty well" and "well enough" are subjective terms. I think one's memory is impacted without getting to the point of "blacking out." A drunk person stumbling down a hallway will have some memory loss. How much will vary by person...I would be curious to see if there are any studies on the topic...

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What do his judgments from the bench indicate? They'll get their investigation now. He's still a long way from final confirmation.
I dont think the actual nomination is a long way off. I think they tried to rush it and the emotionally charged political climate threatened to swing a few moderate Republican votes. This isnt a crisis, its an annoying delay. I dont think they are going to discover anything new and it is specifically limited to the Ford allegations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They did investigate it. The FBI did release a statement after Feinstein sent the FBI the letter. Their letter stated that the matter is closed. All the FBI would do is take statements and report what each party stated. That's it. They did investigate the claims. Demanding more investigation is just a smokescreen to delay the confirmation, and I believe you're smart enough to realize this. You only side with Dr. Ford because you don't like Kavanaugh and don't want him appointed. NONE of the accusations have any merit or evidence or corroboration. The burden of proof was on her to prove her case, and she failed to do it.

This is over. Even several Democrats have already stated they are voting yes for Kavanaugh. That's how much of a case he has. He won. He will be confirmed.
The FBI investigated allegations that had not been reported yet? They are that good? Wow!

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
She said she had one drink. Maybe she has a weak stomach and got drunk.
Obviously an expert's opinion. NOT!

Factually hes already innocent.

Her friends who were at the party said he wasn't there.
Just NOT!

Factually his calender shows he wasn't there.
That's just mind blowingly stupid. Should I provide further explanation?

Factually she can remember the assault like it was yesterday but seems to have no memory of how she got there, how she got home, what day, month and year it happened.
Factually incorrect.

Seems like she either mad it all up or she was drunk, which would show her memory is faulty because anyone could of assaulted her though. She just targeted Kav because of his position.
Only seems like that if you are desperate.

I would too if someone made a false accusation of sexual assault. Then which lead to death threats...etc. If just making al allegation against someone automatically makes them guilty then its a scary world. Heck when I was in my teens I went to my friends house once and stood next to his steps with my arms laying on the top stair because I was bored waiting for him. His little sister (maybe around 8) came out and sat down on the stairs and her butt rubbed against my arm. She screamed and ran inside.

Her mom came out and told me never to come back because she said I touched her "private area". I was like "Whaaaa?!?!?". This is why people have to be worried about crazed people who make sexual allegations. Despite me being there and knowing what happened, people would automatically believe her because shes a woman making a claim. And of course its just he said/she said thing.
Blaming the victim. So typical.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just NOT!

That's just mind blowingly stupid. Should I provide further explanation?

Factually incorrect.

Only seems like that if you are desperate.

Blaming the victim. So typical.
So your ignoring all evidence? Or the fact there are endless videos if her lying about her story on the stand? First the first floor was super loud, then later she said only a 2-3 people were there and it was very quiet. Or she can't fly, buts fly all the time. Or she was a innocent girl but her yearbook makes her out to be skanky. Or the fact there are other inconsistencies in her story. Or shes afraid of men from PTSD yet has three people in her face telling her things during the case. Or how she uses a homely voice but when caught out of the court room her voice is fine.

Don't need to be an expert to notice the obvious that she is lying. At least about Kav.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,560.00
Faith
Pentecostal
"pretty well" and "well enough" are subjective terms. I think one's memory is impacted without getting to the point of "blacking out." A drunk person stumbling down a hallway will have some memory loss. How much will vary by person...I would be curious to see if there are any studies on the topic...
Really the bottom line is about that night. It's not about whether someone drank 30 years ago. It's all he said she said. There is no way to go back to that night and see how much either party was drinking even IF it can be proven what night it actually was. A persons intoxication level and how it effects a person has a TON of variables. Including what they drank, how much, over what period of time, their tolerance level, what they had to eat etc.
Right now this whole line of thought is just dumb. And it's dumb for both sides of the aisle.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
.....apparently was perfect:

MITCHELL: So let’s talk about your time in high school. In high school, after drinking, did you ever wake up in a different location than you remembered passing out or going to sleep?

KAVANAUGH: No, no.

MITCHELL: Did you ever wake up with your clothes in a different condition, or fewer clothes on than you remembered when you went to sleep or passed out?

KAVANAUGH: No, no.

MITCHELL: Did you ever tell — did anyone ever tell you about something that happened in your presence that you didn’t remember during a time that you had been drinking?

KAVANAUGH: No, the — the — we drank beer, and you know, so — so did, I think, the vast majority of — of people our age at the time. But in any event, we drank beer, and — and still do. So whatever, you know. [whatever?]

MITCHELL: During the time in high school when you would be drinking, did anyone ever tell you about something that you did not remember?

KAVANAUGH: No.

I don't believe him and in my opinion, he has never had to account for his actions while drunk.

Kavanaugh hearing: Transcript

Because he doesn't get blackout drunk?

I only got blackout drunk once in my life. I don't see what's so difficult to believe about that. That's one time when I couldn't remember the things I did while drunk. For those of you unable to grasp this, there's a method to it....pay close attention....

1. Drink slowly, so that you can feel the effects of what you drank before drinking much more.
2. When you begin to feel drunk, stop drinking.

I know for some people that will seem difficult, but trust me, it can be done.

• Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Kavanaugh's HS buddy who Dr. Blasey Ford said in her testimony was there when she was attacked wrote a book titled Wasted, Tales of a Gen X Drunk that detailed the party culture of HS. Now that buddy, Mark Judge, has said that he wasn't there that night, which isn't in the slightest bit surprising. Have him say that when perjury charges are on the line. His book gives a timeline that corroborates Ford's allegations.

Mark Judge’s book validates Christine Blasey Ford’s timeline of the alleged Kavanaugh assault

Kavanaugh produced this calendar from the 80s to try to disprove that he wasn't at the party where Ford was assaulted. That calendar corroborates the allegations from the 3rd accuser.

AAR I might would have found Kavanaugh a bit more believable about things had it not been for that Fox News interview he gave trying to paint himself as this virginal little Catholic school boy who was so devoted to his service projects.

Since I can't read the WaPo article, can you quote how it "validates" Ford's allegation?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
They did investigate it. The FBI did release a statement after Feinstein sent the FBI the letter. Their letter stated that the matter is closed. All the FBI would do is take statements and report what each party stated. That's it. They did investigate the claims. Demanding more investigation is just a smokescreen to delay the confirmation, and I believe you're smart enough to realize this. You only side with Dr. Ford because you don't like Kavanaugh and don't want him appointed. NONE of the accusations have any merit or evidence or corroboration. The burden of proof was on her to prove her case, and she failed to do it.

This is over. Even several Democrats have already stated they are voting yes for Kavanaugh. That's how much of a case he has. He won. He will be confirmed.

As I'm sure you're aware, Trump ordered a FBI investigation into the allegations right after you wrote this post. Maybe you'e right that he is just putting up a smokescreen to delay the confirmation.

This wasn't a trial where Dr. Ford had a burden of proof for her case, it was a job interview for Kavanaugh. I agree with Trump that Dr. Ford was very compelling & seemed like a fine lady. She certainly was far more cogent & composed than Kavanaugh. But you're wrong & you're flaming to state that I "only side with Ford" on account of not liking Kavanaugh. Prior to his pathetic behavior that we had to witness, I liked him fine, and was just pushing for an investigation into the allegations. Believing her is independent of being unimpressed by him.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What actions does he have to account for?

I asked the same thing when a different poster mentioned this on another thread. It's gotta be some talking point on the left. He's white, he's wealthy, so obviously he got away with all kinds of behavior that poor minorities wouldn't get away with....

Unless you start with the assumption that because he's a wealthy white male who enjoys a drink....and therefore he's guilty of something...it makes no sense.

Upvote 0