✟1,422,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.....apparently was perfect:

MITCHELL: So let’s talk about your time in high school. In high school, after drinking, did you ever wake up in a different location than you remembered passing out or going to sleep?

KAVANAUGH: No, no.

MITCHELL: Did you ever wake up with your clothes in a different condition, or fewer clothes on than you remembered when you went to sleep or passed out?

KAVANAUGH: No, no.

MITCHELL: Did you ever tell — did anyone ever tell you about something that happened in your presence that you didn’t remember during a time that you had been drinking?

KAVANAUGH: No, the — the — we drank beer, and you know, so — so did, I think, the vast majority of — of people our age at the time. But in any event, we drank beer, and — and still do. So whatever, you know. [whatever?]

MITCHELL: During the time in high school when you would be drinking, did anyone ever tell you about something that you did not remember?

KAVANAUGH: No.

I don't believe him and in my opinion, he has never had to account for his actions while drunk.

Kavanaugh hearing: Transcript

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....later:

KLOBUCHAR: OK. Drinking is one thing, but the concern is about truthfulness, and in your written testimony, you said sometimes you had too many drinks. Was there ever a time when you drank so much that you couldn’t remember what happened, or part of what happened the night before?

KAVANAUGH: No, I — no. I remember what happened, and I think you’ve probably had beers, Senator, and — and so I…

KLOBUCHAR: So you’re saying there’s never been a case where you drank so much that you didn’t remember what happened the night before, or part of what happened.

KAVANAUGH: It’s — you’re asking about, you know, blackout. I don’t know. Have you?

KLOBUCHAR: Could you answer the question, Judge? I just — so you — that’s not happened. Is that your answer?

KAVANAUGH: Yeah, and I’m curious if you have.

KLOBUCHAR: I have no drinking problem, Judge.

KAVANAUGH: Yeah, nor do I.

KLOBUCHAR: OK, thank you.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Personally, I would take the answer "I don't know" as "yes".

If we are going to give "the boys" a pass on just "acting like boys", well then let's remember how boys act. They get blackout drunk.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Account for his drinking. He admitted he drank. He admitted there were times he drank a lot. But it obviously didn't impact his life in any way. The Democrats were just trying to paint him as some party frat boy who constantly drank to the point of blacking out and committing sexual assault.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Account for his drinking. He admitted he drank. He admitted there were times he drank a lot. But it obviously didn't impact his life in any way. The Democrats were just trying to paint him as some party frat boy who constantly drank to the point of blacking out and committing sexual assault.

Okay.

Do you think it's plausible that he had a clear memory of events while he was drinking?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dr. Ford was drinking too. Is it plausible that she had a clear memory of events while drinking? Why is the doubt on him and not on her? No one today asked her if she drank a lot during high school. She obviously partied a lot with boys. Could something have happened to her while drunk while she couldn't recall it?

The difference in my mind is Kavenaugh was a larger, athletically built man during high school and college. He could probably have had more than his fill and not been in a position where he lost his senses. As a large guy myself, I can confirm that I've had my share of Jameson whiskey and never had a night where I wasn't in control of my actions, nor have I ever blacked out.

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟697,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And that's the thing. These women have admitted they were drinking during the times these alleged encounters took place. Why is Kavanaugh's memory in question and not theirs?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Kavanaugh's HS buddy who Dr. Blasey Ford said in her testimony was there when she was attacked wrote a book titled Wasted, Tales of a Gen X Drunk that detailed the party culture of HS. Now that buddy, Mark Judge, has said that he wasn't there that night, which isn't in the slightest bit surprising. Have him say that when perjury charges are on the line. His book gives a timeline that corroborates Ford's allegations.

Mark Judge’s book validates Christine Blasey Ford’s timeline of the alleged Kavanaugh assault

Kavanaugh produced this calendar from the 80s to try to disprove that he wasn't at the party where Ford was assaulted. That calendar corroborates the allegations from the 3rd accuser.

AAR I might would have found Kavanaugh a bit more believable about things had it not been for that Fox News interview he gave trying to paint himself as this virginal little Catholic school boy who was so devoted to his service projects.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
And that's the thing. These women have admitted they were drinking during the times these alleged encounters took place. Why is Kavanaugh's memory in question and not theirs?

They are the ones pushing for the FBI to investigate the allegations.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dr. Ford was drinking too. Is it plausible that she had a clear memory of events while drinking? Why is the doubt on him and not on her? No one today asked her if she drank a lot during high school. She obviously partied a lot with boys. Could something have happened to her while drunk while she couldn't recall it?

Is that your answer? Deflect to Ford? Who, by the way, admitted her memories were not clear.

That isn't the case with Cavanaugh who, under questioning today, would not even allow the possibility of not remembering events after drinking.

That isn't credible.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Kavanaugh's HS buddy who Dr. Blasey Ford said in her testimony was there when she was attacked wrote a book titled Wasted, Tales of a Gen X Drunk that detailed the party culture of HS. Now that buddy, Mark Judge, has said that he wasn't there that night, which isn't in the slightest bit surprising. Have him say that when perjury charges are on the line. His book gives a timeline that corroborates Ford's allegations.

Mark Judge’s book validates Christine Blasey Ford’s timeline of the alleged Kavanaugh assault

Kavanaugh produced this calendar from the 80s to try to disprove that he wasn't at the party where Ford was assaulted. That calendar corroborates the allegations from the 3rd accuser.

AAR I might would have found Kavanaugh a bit more believable about things had it not been for that Fox News interview he gave trying to paint himself as this virginal little Catholic school boy who was so devoted to his service projects.
Dr. Ford's own lifelong friend ALSO said she has no memory of the party, nor having ever met Kavenaugh. And Judge's comments are under risk of perjury, as with everyone else who wrote a written statement claiming not to know of this party.

He was corroborated along the entire process. Many witnesses to Kavanaugh's character and activities, regularly working out, playing sports, et cetera. She, on the other hand, has NO corroborating evidence or anything regarding her claims.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ford testified today she did not have a drink on the night of the alleged assault.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I think he would have gone on other places, if they didn't already have articles that already were in favor of assuming him guilty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟697,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ford testified today she did not have a drink on the night of the alleged assault.

Of course she would have. But if that's the case, why doesn't she know when or where the party was? And why does her story keep changing?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is that your answer? Deflect to Ford? Who, by the way, admitted her memories were not clear.

That isn't the case with Cavanaugh who, under questioning today, would not even allow the possibility of not remembering events after drinking.

That isn't credible.
You asked the question, I just turned it around on you. Why people choose to believe someone who has very few recollections of the event, who was also drinking, who has no evidence or witness corroboration to back up her claims. He DOES, but yet he's guilty.

She's the accuser. The burden of proof is on her and her testimony is shaky at best with numerous holes in her story.

• Agree
Reactions: Bumble Bee
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You asked the question, I just turned it around on you. Why people choose to believe someone who has very few recollections of the event, who was also drinking, who has no evidence or witness corroboration to back up her claims. He DOES, but yet he's guilty.

She's the accuser. The burden of proof is on her and her testimony is shaky at best with numerous holes in her story.

The thread is based on Kavanaugh's own testimony and specifically the point regarding his memory while drinking.

Upvote 0