• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Kamala Harris’ Ex-Lover Willie Brown: No Democrats Can Beat Trump, Including Kamala

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by redleghunter, Jul 2, 2019.

1. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+26,683
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Kamala Harris’ Ex-Lover Willie Brown: No Democrats Can Beat Trump, Including Kamala

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown, who admitted earlier this year to having an extramarital affair with Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), wrote in his column over the weekend that none of the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates can beat President Donald Trump.

"The first Democratic debates proved one thing: We still don’t have a candidate who can beat Donald Trump," Brown wrote. "California Sen. Kamala Harris got all the attention for playing prosecutor in chief, but her case against former Vice President Joe Biden boiled down in some ways to a ringing call for forced school busing. It won’t be too hard for Trump to knock that one out of the park in 2020."

As for the Democratic frontrunner going into the debates, Biden, Brown made clear that his performance in the second night of debates did damage to his campaign.

"Biden did himself zero favors by telling Harris that he opposed only busing that was ordered by the federal government," wrote Brown. "It was a weird endorsement of states’ rights and local jurisdictions’ right to segregate schools. That’s the best argument he could marshal against busing little kids miles across town?"

Brown's column came after the Democratic Party held its first two debates on MSNBC last week which many described as chaotic and problematic for the party.

More at link: Kamala Harris’ Ex-Lover Willie Brown: No Democrats Can Beat Trump, Including Kamala

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,806
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Wait....she had a lover? (shudder)

3. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,736
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Why should we care what Willie Brown has to say? He hasn't been in politics since 2004, and even then he was always state or local politics. I don't see him as any sort of authority on what it takes to win a presidential or even statewide election.

4. redleghunter

+26,683
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    He is still very influential in the party. Meaning he is probably still influential with the non-state non-committed delegates for the nomination. Someone like Willie could turn the tide in the CA during the primaries.

5. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I think Dem voters are in bind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. mukk_in

mukk_in Yankees fan Supporter

+3,178
    India
    Christian
    Celibate
    Sounds about right:).

7. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+13,127
    Christian
    Married
    Ahhh! The straw grasping of the Republican Party...it's always fun to watch! :wave:
    tulc(see's Rep Harris has them feeling pretty frantic already) :oldthumbsup:

8. redleghunter

+26,683
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Willie was Senator Harris’ “mentor.”

9. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,736
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    I never heard of him and had to look him up. He might be able to affect the California primary, but I doubt most of the candidates will even challenge her there, especially since the California primaries are part of SUper Tuesday.

10. OldWiseGuy

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    No worries, she'll never be the nominee. Biden is their only hope (at this point).

11. tulc

+13,127
    Christian
    Married
    I understood that, he's been desperately trying to use the affair they had to make himself relevant for a while now. :wave:
    tulc(isn't surprised that Republicans are the only ones who listen to him anymore) :)

12. tulc

+13,127
    Christian
    Married
    Probably not, but stranger things have happened. :wave:

...if you mean he's the Republicans hope, then yeah, I'd agree with you about that. If you mean the majority of Democrats, then I'd say "No, he really isn't." ;)
    tulc(suspects President Trump and his people have nightmares that Rep. Harris will be the candidate in 2020) :clap:

13. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+995
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Looks like Plugs has "stepped on it" a few times lately and his support is dwindling fast.

14. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+3,000
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    I wonder if the Democrats running for President are even interested in winning the general election in 2020.

15. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 En cuanto lo hicisteis a uno de estos mis hermanos Supporter

+9,270
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Jilted lover with an agenda.

16. OldWiseGuy

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    They might just be getting name recognition for future elections, or to just bolster their political cred.

17. OldWiseGuy

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    He's the only moderate on the stage. They won't win with an extreme left candidate.

18. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,736
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Why not? Republicans won with an extreme right candidate.

19. OldWiseGuy

+6,222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Trump won with votes from 'flyover country'. Many who interviewed Trump voters were amazed that they were just ordinary folks, and some were actually (gasp) well educated.

20. tulc

+13,127
    Christian
    Married
    President Trump won because empty State votes count more then States where tax paying voters live. :wave:

Someone should tell this guy that:

tulc(is sorry, he just couldn't help himself) :sorry: