Kamala Harris’ Ex-Lover Willie Brown: No Democrats Can Beat Trump, Including Kamala

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
President Trump won because empty State votes count more then States where tax paying voters live.

You mean the 'sardines' vote? ^_^

tulc(is sorry, he just couldn't help himself) :sorry:

He probably meant people that aren't too smart for their own good. ;)

My late sister treasured higher education, but was unable to manage her own life. I am a dolt by college standards (high school grad only) yet I'm doing better than most.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,437.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Trump won with votes from 'flyover country'. Many who interviewed Trump voters were amazed that they were just ordinary folks, and some were actually (gasp) well educated.
Which has nothing to do with what I just said. Trump was pushing far right positions and he won. So saying that Democrats putting up somebody a little bit left of center (You said extreme left, but really none of the candidates running qualify as that.) can't win because they aren't moderate ignores that Trump was not a moderate candidate and he won.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which has nothing to do with what I just said. Trump was pushing far right positions and he won. So saying that Democrats putting up somebody a little bit left of center (You said extreme left, but really none of the candidates running qualify as that.) can't win because they aren't moderate ignores that Trump was not a moderate candidate and he won.

Of course it was extreme. Trump was running on righting a ship that was in serious danger of sinking. That called for extreme measures and his voters understood that. They will also understand the extreme threat from the left in 2020.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Why not? Republicans won with an extreme right candidate.

Trump is not "extreme right", no.
And even if he was, there's no way a rabid left candidate is going to have a chance in a general election in the US. The American mentality is just not that enslaved to the concept of Dear Leader being in charge and everyone else being his/her/chopperself's slaves - which is the cornerstone of far-leftists' mentality.
Obama was center-left. So is Hillary. Anyone calling either of those two a "communist" are deluding themselves.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean the 'sardines' vote? ^_^
Since those "sardines" support all those empty States with their taxes you'd think their votes would count for something. :wave:

He probably meant people that aren't too smart for their own good. ;)
Obviously, otherwise why would they be voting for a snake oil salesman? :D

My late sister treasured higher education, but was unable to manage her own life. I am a dolt by college standards (high school grad only) yet I'm doing better than most.
I'm glad to hear you're doing good! :clap:
tulc(is also doing well, he's got a new pot of coffee almost ready!) :coffee:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since those "sardines" support all those empty States with their taxes you'd think their votes would count for something.

Sure, but they want them to count for everything. That's why we have the Electoral College.

Obviously, otherwise why would they be voting for a snake oil salesman? :D

Not everyone who voted for him buys the snake oil.

I'm glad to hear you're doing good!

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I do not know why Willie is speaking this way. All of the recent polls show Trump is behind against all the leading Dem candidates, though with two of them he was only down a point or two, which could potentially result in another Electoral win and a Popular Vote loss against those two candidates.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, but they want them to count for everything.

So all Americans are equal...just people from empty States are MORE equal? :scratch:

That's why we have the Electoral College.
Oh...I thought it was because it's pretty much the only way a Republican can get elected in the 21st century? :sorry:

Not everyone who voted for him buys the snake oil.
Perhaps, but by voting for him they're supporting his snake oil sales. :wave:

Always happy to hear when people are doing well. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(finished his coffee and getting more) :coffee:

• Winner
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understood that, he's been desperately trying to use the affair they had to make himself relevant for a while now. :wave:
tulc(isn't surprised that Republicans are the only ones who listen to him anymore) :)

This is politics. It will come up, but I'm sure she will have to have a decent response. She might surprise everyone.

They have talked about this for a while now - lol and not just GOP. It's the nature of politics I'm afraid.

If he wants to attempt to make himself relevant? Not sure that will happen, but he will get interviews.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh...I thought it was because it's pretty much the only way a Republican can get elected in the 21st century? :sorry:

The century is still young. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh! The straw grasping of the Republican Party...it's always fun to watch! :wave:
tulc(see's Rep Harris has them feeling pretty frantic already) :oldthumbsup:

There are lot more folks who favor parties other than the GOP that are equally irked at the Democrat Party. Many independents, Libertarians, etc loathe the Democrats with equal measure as the GOP folks.

• Winner
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are lot more folks who favor parties other than the GOP that are equally irked at the Democrat Party. Many independents, Libertarians, etc loathe the Democrats with equal measure as the GOP folks.
...none of which changes/applies to what I posted. :sorry:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :wave:

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He's the only moderate on the stage. They won't win with an extreme left candidate.

That may well be true but I don't think they care right now, they can't see straight because of the 2016 results and going far left has always been their ultimate goal.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is politics. It will come up, but I'm sure she will have to have a decent response. She might surprise everyone.

They have talked about this for a while now - lol and not just GOP. It's the nature of politics I'm afraid.

If he wants to attempt to make himself relevant? Not sure that will happen, but he will get interviews.

Unless they remain friends.. I doubt she has any intention of helping him get political attention. Their affair was over 20 years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unless they remain friends.. I doubt she has any intention of helping him get political attention. Their affair was over 20 years ago.

She doesn't need to 'help' him. The media loves the drama of everything, and they will seek him out. This is no big secret. Remember people pull up stuff from 40 years ago, and do the same thing today. They won't even need his help - they dig stuff up from past news stories.

She seems like a smart lady, and she might surprise everyone with her response to this. She knows its coming too. It's just a matter of time. As I said before - it's politics.

They said Biden - for example - should have been ready for the bussing question/statements he got at the debate. She won't come across as unprepared for it.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Kamala Harris’ Ex-Lover Willie Brown: No Democrats Can Beat Trump, Including Kamala

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown, who admitted earlier this year to having an extramarital affair with Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), wrote in his column over the weekend that none of the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates can beat President Donald Trump.

"The first Democratic debates proved one thing: We still don’t have a candidate who can beat Donald Trump," Brown wrote. "California Sen. Kamala Harris got all the attention for playing prosecutor in chief, but her case against former Vice President Joe Biden boiled down in some ways to a ringing call for forced school busing. It won’t be too hard for Trump to knock that one out of the park in 2020."

As for the Democratic frontrunner going into the debates, Biden, Brown made clear that his performance in the second night of debates did damage to his campaign.

"Biden did himself zero favors by telling Harris that he opposed only busing that was ordered by the federal government," wrote Brown. "It was a weird endorsement of states’ rights and local jurisdictions’ right to segregate schools. That’s the best argument he could marshal against busing little kids miles across town?"

Brown's column came after the Democratic Party held its first two debates on MSNBC last week which many described as chaotic and problematic for the party.

More at link: Kamala Harris’ Ex-Lover Willie Brown: No Democrats Can Beat Trump, Including Kamala

Dang me-- I found an honest Democrat!
M-Bob

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dang me-- I found an honest Democrat!
M-Bob
...someone voicing their opinion doesn't make them "honest". It's just an opinion, that and $5.50 will get you a caffe Americano with two extra shots. :wave:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...someone voicing their opinion doesn't make them "honest". It's just an opinion, that and $5.50 will get you a caffe Americano with two extra shots. :wave:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

lol we are all giving our opinions here Tulc! lol and shots of what? Its the WEEKEND afterall! (snickers)

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She doesn't need to 'help' him. The media loves the drama of everything, and they will seek him out. This is no big secret. Remember people pull up stuff from 40 years ago, and do the same thing today. They won't even need his help - they dig stuff up from past news stories.

She seems like a smart lady, and she might surprise everyone with her response to this. She knows its coming too. It's just a matter of time. As I said before - it's politics.

Very true about the media. She's responded to the part about the affair in the past. My point is.. that as a presidential candidate.. I doubt she'll give him or the media the time of day on the issue. She doesnt need to justify herself or her previous relationship with Brown. Brown is just attempting to ride her political coat tail while taking a potshot at her career. Why else would he mention he had an affair with her years ago? What relevance does it hold?

Upvote 0