Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FeaturedKaepernick denounces 4th of July as ‘celebration of white supremacy’

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I wonder how the thousands of black families that lost loved ones fighting for this Country feel about this guy?
M

Upvote 0

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He's absolutely right. It was freedom for white people but not for black people. What Independence did they gain from the war? Zilch.

400 years ago white people brought black people over here and enslaved them. And sold them. And treated them as less than human. For 250 years. While white men formed the country and created its laws and its systems of government. While 10-15 generations of white families got to grow and flourish and make choices that could make their lives better.

And then 150 years ago white people "freed" black people from slavery. But then angry white people created laws that made it impossible for them to vote. Or to own land. Or to have the same rights as white people. And even erected monuments glorifying people who actively had fought to keep them enslaved. All while another 5, 10 generations of white families got to grow and accumulate wealth and gain land and get an education.

And then 60 years ago we made it "legal" for black people to vote, and to be "free" from discrimination. But angry white people still fought to keep schools segregated. And closed off neighborhoods to white people only. And made it harder for black people to get bank loans, or get quality education or health care, or to (gasp) marry a white person. All while another 2-3 generations of white families got to grow and pass their wealth down to their children and their children's children.

And then we entered an age where we had the technology to make PUBLIC the things that were already happening in private-- the beatings, the stop and frisk laws, the unequal distribution of justice, the police brutality (police began in America as slave patrols designed to catch runaway slaves). And only now, after 400+ years and 20+ generations of a white head start, are we STARTING to truly have a dialog about what it means to be black.

White privilege doesn't mean you haven't suffered or fought or worked hard. It doesn't mean white people are responsible for the sins of their ancestors. It doesn’t mean you can’t be proud of who you are.

It DOES mean that we need to acknowledge that the system our ancestors created is built FOR white people.

It DOES mean that we aren't disadvantaged because of the color of our skin and it DOES mean that we owe it to our neighbors-- of all colors-- to acknowledge that and work to make our world more equitable.

What happened 200 or 400 years ago is history. Try living in the year 2020 for a change. Everyone in America has the same rights and protections under the law, with the exception that some minority groups have been granted extra protection and privileges under the law. These are the laws. Changing the hearts of people cannot be done by laws. That requires Jesus, and no amount of riots and tearing down statues will get that done. It will, however, make reinforce stereotypes and make racism even more pronounced.

Your arguments are full of falacy.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the article:

'You enslaved our ancestors,' the NFL free agent writes in a Twitter message posted Saturday

Happy Fourth of July? Not for free agent NFLquarterback Colin Kaepernick.

In a Twitter message Saturday, the former San Francisco 49ers player denounced the nation's 244th birthday as a “celebration of white supremacy.”

Along with a video showing images of the Ku Klux Klan, police brutality, slavery and lynchings, Kaepernick wrote: “Black ppl have been dehumanized, brutalized, criminalized + terrorized by America for centuries, & are expected to join your commemoration of ‘independence’, while you enslaved our ancestors. We reject your celebration of white supremacy & look forward to liberation for all.”

Continued below.
Kaepernick denounces 4th of July as ‘celebration of white supremacy’

It seems that those who want to keep hate alive are staying busy.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Step back and look at the big picture.

We didn't need Kaepernick to be perfect, say perfect wise things without any anger or personal resentments, in order to be allowed to play in the NFL.

Right?

He's a early 30s football quarterback, and an individual. He is allowed to say not entirely wise things, things that are mistaken or only partly right, etc. (just like everyone else does when they aren't repeating actual Truth from scripture).

Of course July 4th to the great majority of Americans simply is to celebrate American independence and freedom, and a non-racist nationalism.

Who knows the real number but maybe for instance 5%-10% of people that actually are seriously racist use the 4th to celebrate racism also.

(the figure '5%-10%" is just an illustrative number, since no one here knows all peoples' hearts perfectly, and what percentage is actually racist; we only know that the real number is more than 0%, and it's less than 100%)

So, who is it that really needs Kaepernick to be wiser than most 30 (32) yr olds?

I think he is allowed to act like he's 32 yrs old, and still be a quarterback, in my world. All are sinners (not only some people).

And, in the America I grew up in, he's allowed to say what he thinks in America, if it's still the America we all grew up in.

And I don't know about you, but I'm used to hearing everyone say less than wise things, all the time, everyone, everyday.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The problem with history is that everyone seems to complain about it, but no one ever does anything to change it.

...which is great for the Kaeper guy, because if history could be fixed, then he'd have to find another cause to trumpet. As for me, I think I'm going to take up whining about the lack of affordable housing on Mars.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From the article:

'You enslaved our ancestors,' the NFL free agent writes in a Twitter message posted Saturday

In a Twitter message Saturday, the former San Francisco 49ers player denounced the nation's 244th birthday as a “celebration of white supremacy.”

Along with a video showing images of the Ku Klux Klan, police brutality, slavery and lynchings, Kaepernick wrote: “Black ppl have been dehumanized, brutalized, criminalized + terrorized by America for centuries, & are expected to join your commemoration of ‘independence’, while you enslaved our ancestors. We reject your celebration of white supremacy & look forward to liberation for all.”

Continued below.

Does Kaepernick also renounce his citizenship? Because if he takes issue with a day to celebrate a nation that he is a citizen in then should he not be offended by his own role in keeping the country alive? I assume he pays taxes so it sounds like he should start shopping for a different country to better fit his values.

Don't get me wrong, I applaud his right to do this but now that he admits to hating his own country he should now start seeking a divorce otherwise the words are nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
He's absolutely right. It was freedom for white people but not for black people. What Independence did they gain from the war? Zilch.

400 years ago white people brought black people over here and enslaved them. And sold them. And treated them as less than human. For 250 years. While white men formed the country and created its laws and its systems of government. While 10-15 generations of white families got to grow and flourish and make choices that could make their lives better.

And then 150 years ago white people "freed" black people from slavery. But then angry white people created laws that made it impossible for them to vote. Or to own land. Or to have the same rights as white people. And even erected monuments glorifying people who actively had fought to keep them enslaved. All while another 5, 10 generations of white families got to grow and accumulate wealth and gain land and get an education.

And then 60 years ago we made it "legal" for black people to vote, and to be "free" from discrimination. But angry white people still fought to keep schools segregated. And closed off neighborhoods to white people only. And made it harder for black people to get bank loans, or get quality education or health care, or to (gasp) marry a white person. All while another 2-3 generations of white families got to grow and pass their wealth down to their children and their children's children.

And then we entered an age where we had the technology to make PUBLIC the things that were already happening in private-- the beatings, the stop and frisk laws, the unequal distribution of justice, the police brutality (police began in America as slave patrols designed to catch runaway slaves). And only now, after 400+ years and 20+ generations of a white head start, are we STARTING to truly have a dialog about what it means to be black.

White privilege doesn't mean you haven't suffered or fought or worked hard. It doesn't mean white people are responsible for the sins of their ancestors. It doesn’t mean you can’t be proud of who you are.

It DOES mean that we need to acknowledge that the system our ancestors created is built FOR white people.

It DOES mean that we aren't disadvantaged because of the color of our skin and it DOES mean that we owe it to our neighbors-- of all colors-- to acknowledge that and work to make our world more equitable.
This is why this quarterback is a millionaire... right? Because he lives in a country that gave him the opportunity to become a rich athlete..

Just like all the colored lawyers, ministers, basket ball players, doctors, politicians, CEO's, actors, musicians....

Ya... must really suck when you don't stand a chance to go anywhere....

Sorry... Just as many whities are in poverty and on the streets and live hand to mouth...

Yes, the history has awful truths... but, today is not the same. Your country is what it is due to the events that shaped it... good and bad. That's why people are trying to get in and get a green card...

I say to him... Sorry your country has let you down so much..... waa waa waa... go back to your mansion.

He has a net worth of 20 million and a yearly salary of 12.4 million..... Here's a Benjamin.... call someone who cares.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is 100% right. Even the NFL realizes their mistake. "NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said he supports and encourages teams to sign quarterback Colin Kaepernick...NFL commissioner Roger Goodell closed out a turbulent week Friday by admitting in a video that the league has erred in how it has dealt with NFL player protests of police brutality and systemic racism over the past few years.
I don’t really watch NFL football but from what I know about capitalism and capitalists, they will sign anyone who can make them money. God Will not be mocked.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever heard the phrase what's good for the goose is good for the gander?
As Booda Sack (Chris Rock ) put it in Bobby the comic
- this is America on that stage a man can say whatever dumbass thing he wants
But today certain people like to say that freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences so that's why certain people can be "canceled" for exercising their free speech.
So why shouldn't those who disagree with Kaepernick be allowed to cancel him? What's good for the goose is good for the gander after all.
I bet you'll agree, no one should be socially 'canceled ' for saying their mere political viewpoints. We should basically all be Doing Matthew 7:12. In view of the next 2 verses, Matthew 7:13-14,we are helped to realize verse 12 is not only an ideal, but a command to us.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
From the article:

Continued below.

The BLM crowd, which is culturally and economically Marxist, has gotten beyond ridiculous. I'm not a rah rah America sort but to suggest that we should not celebrate Independence Day because of slavery, which ended 155 years ago, is absurd.

As Christians we know no man and no nation is perfect. We can acknowledge past sins without endlessly flogging ourselves over them.

Having said that, despite slavery there is no nation on Earth where blacks are wealthier and freer than the United States. Despite it all, black entrepreneurs can strike it rich in this country in ways they can't elsewhere.

BLM want to throw this all away for government enforced equality of all things, which is of course an impossibility. They hate free enterprise and will call it racist despite it providing blacks with more creature comforts and opportunities than any other economic system in the world.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don’t really watch NFL football but from what I know about capitalism and capitalists, they will sign anyone who can make them money. God Will not be mocked.
That's why the controversy we're talking about is so interesting. I agree with you about the NFL (and most other pro sports) being first and foremost about money. So if the changes that are in the works for accommodating the demands of player-protesters go through, how can this not cause a loss of attendance and, therefore, revenue?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The BLM crowd, which is culturally and economically Marxist, has gotten beyond ridiculous. I'm not a rah rah America sort but to suggest that we should not celebrate Independence Day because of slavery, which ended 155 years ago, is absurd.

As Christians we know no man and no nation is perfect. We can acknowledge past sins without endlessly flogging ourselves over them.

Having said that, despite slavery there is no nation on Earth where blacks are wealthier and freer than the United States. Despite it all, black entrepreneurs can strike it rich in this country in ways they can't elsewhere.

BLM want to throw this all away for government enforced equality of all things, which is of course an impossibility. They hate free enterprise and will call it racist despite it providing blacks with more creature comforts and opportunities than any other economic system in the world.
You mean looting and then burning the successful business of a colored family... is not a good way to protest one lunatic white cop murdering a black felon?

In their defense... I think most of them haven't a sniff of what they are fighting for, against or even who they are hurting... It's a hysteria that is more viral than Covid and much more damaging.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
From the article:

Continued below.

I wanna get this T shirt... it would fit right in with this nonsense that famous people know anything about truth. They stand on their podium and their mouth starts wagging and people actually believe that they must know whats right... just cause they are famous... WRONG...

560.jpg

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
You don't know where to start because you're wrong.
Good argument, but the problem is you didn't make one. None of what you stated was fact, only opinion, so your reply to the OP was wrong.

Upvote 0