Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You must have read my post too fast.
OK.

Exactly what is it that the NFL "will affirm prior to every opening game on its schedule this year"?

Your post seems to imply that the NFL will affirm that the 4th of July is a celebration of white supremacy prior to every opening game, but I am not aware of anything the NFL has stated or approved that will indicate that.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How does this historical account of the beginning of the Revolutionary War apply to the situation being discussed? Before, during, and long after the Revolutionary War black people were enslaved by white people. Mistreatment of people because of their skin color has existed for as long as this country has existed. It's time that it stopped and the nation becomes a place where all people are treated equally regardless of their skin color. (or gender or national origin or gender or ...)

Bigotry is not an American value!
The 4th of July is a celebration of US independence from Britain. It is not a day set aside to celebrate racism. Why defame Independence Day as a celebration of slavery? The northern states voted to end slavery. Some people highly favor Black people over White people. Is this also racism?

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
OK.

Exactly what is it that the NFL "will affirm prior to every opening game on its schedule this year"?
Not every team will be doing the exact same thing, I know, but most will apparently feature, en masse, the kneeling (and raised fist?) that only a few players engaged in last year. Now it will reportedly include at least a few of the coaches, too.

Because Kaepernick pioneered that pose and at that particular time and location, this show will not be seen by observers as something unconnected to that.

Worse, he himself has dropped the pretense of being opposed to the mistreatment of blacks, etc. etc. and just recently announced his conviction that America itself is a celebration of white supremacy! You acknowledged that in your reply.

At bottom, a great opportunity for black Americans to capitalize on the near-universal outrage at the killing of several men who were stopped by police officers, and thus move the country towards a resolution of that injustice, is being squandered by allowing the extremists of all races to absorb the majority of the BLM supporters and use them for their own purposes. And people like Kaepernick are only adding to that.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Independence Day (colloquially the Fourth of July or July 4) is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the Declaration of Independence of the United States, on July 4, 1776. The Continental Congress declared that the thirteen American colonies were no longer subject (and subordinate) to the monarch of Britain, King George III, and were now united, free, and independent states.

"You enslaved our ancestors," Nope. I am thinking there was a war no? North South? Strange how it turns in to ALL of USA. Yet that's a lie. My wife is Chinese.. why did they import Chinese? :) And the American Indian (Nez Perce my family). Was not just white people that drove them off their land.

As for Kaepernick? If he does get picked.. I don't believe it will be for how good he is, which will be sad. 4th of July is not going anywhere.

• Agree
Reactions: HappyHope
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll just leave this here:

tulc(just a thought)

Well we should look at the Chinese (my wife) and the American Indian (nez perce my family). I would believe they have a voice. And again.. 4th of July "to the monarch of Britain, King George III, and were now united, free, and independent states.".

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A lot of very talented black people love our country. And I was so happy that schools became integrated before I graduated from high school. When I walked into my biology class the first time, I walked over to the desk next to a black girl and sat down. We became friends.

[MEDIA=youtube]V7l3SqNqJPo[/MEDIA]

PUT A LITTLE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, Kaepernick!

I love all of the human race!

Color 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Photini83
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
News: Colin Kaepernick does something yada yada to keep his name out there.... while other black men and women actually do something to help the black community.

Fascinating.
You mean like this:
How Much Money Has Colin Kaepernick Donated to Charity Over the Years? - Sportscasting | Pure Sports
or this:
Here is a list of every organization to which Colin Kaepernick donated money
or this:
Colin Kaepernick is donating $100,000 to coronavirus relief efforts targeting communities of color - CNN
You mean that kind of helping?
tulc(is just curious)

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:ahah:

Oh yes, donating money.

The rich persons solution to doing something without actually having to do something.

I stand corrected because clearly every problem can be solved if you throw money at it.... especially if it helps your PR.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well we should look at the Chinese (my wife) and the American Indian (nez perce my family). I would believe they have a voice. And again.. 4th of July "to the monarch of Britain, King George III, and were now united, free, and independent states.".

My great-grandmother a Lenape survived
the Trail of Tears ... she lived to 107 years old ...

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)

Oh yes, donating money.

The rich persons solution to doing something without actually having to do something.

I stand corrected because clearly every problem can be solved if you throw money at it.... especially if it helps your PR.
...so the problem is he doesn't help in the way you think he should be doing it? Would this be more like it?
Colin Kaepernick is putting his words to action
or something like this:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/06/colin-kaepernick-donates-backpacks-harlem-students-activism
or more like this:
Colin Kaepernick’s Message to Chicago Youth: ‘Know Your Rights’
tulc(is just curious part 2) :wave:

• Agree
Reactions: Swag365
Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Not every team will be doing the exact same thing, I know, but most will apparently feature, en masse, the kneeling (and raised fist?) that only a few players engaged in last year. Now it will reportedly include at least a few of the coaches, too.

Because Kaepernick pioneered that pose and at that particular time and location, this show will not be seen by observers as something unconnected to that.

Worse, he himself has dropped the pretense of being opposed to the mistreatment of blacks, etc. etc. and just recently announced his conviction that America itself is a celebration of white supremacy! You acknowledged that in your reply.
Well I think there is a connection between the pose and Kaepernick, since he is the one who made it popular. But I don't think intelligent people are going to conclude that because a player kneels at a football game the player agrees with every word that has ever come out of his mouth. It takes a lot of leaps to get from kneeling to asserting that the July Fourth holiday is a celebration of white supremacy.

But let me ask you this. Is there some other visual action that they could do, which you would not view as an attack on America itself? I cannot say for certain, but I suspect that many people would have still objected to the players protest if they took a kneel at halftime, or some other time when the flag was not present. At least to me, it seems that part of the objection is based on disrespect of the flag, but part of it is that fundamentally some people do not agree that black people have a right to express dissatisfaction with the country in which they live.

At bottom, a great opportunity for black Americans to capitalize on the near-universal outrage at the killing of several men who were stopped by police officers, and thus move the country towards a resolution of that injustice, is being squandered by allowing the extremists of all races to absorb the majority of the BLM supporters and use them for their own purposes. And people like Kaepernick are only adding to that.
Well the Eric Garner killing in 2014 was essentially the same as the George Floyd killing and was also widely condemned. Its not like any substantive change or reduction in police violence resulted after the Eric Garner killing. The unfortunate reality in this country is that substantive change rarely seems to occur without violence (not that I am advocating violence). It took violence to gain the rights that we celebrate on the 4th of July. To end slavery we needed violence. Much the same can be said of the 1960's. Whenever there is violence it seems that people say "If only the blacks had protested peacefully real substantive change could have occurred." But then when they actually act peacefully, not much change occurs.

• Winner
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why Colin Kaepernick is still in this country. He has demonstrated how horrible it is to be a black person in America; how oppressive and unfair and institutionally racist America is; and he has more than enough money to purchase an airline ticket to any country in the world, any time he chooses, and the freedom to leave.

So why is he still here?

Upvote 0