tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I can find lies on the internet too I'm sure. Indentured servanthood was slavery.
definition of indentured servant:
An indentured servant or indentured laborer is an employee (indenturee) within a system of unfree labor who is bound by a signed or forced contract (indenture) to work without pay for the owner of the indenture for a period of time. The contract often lets the employer sell the labor of an indenturee to a third party. Indenturees usually enter into an indenture for a specific payment or other benefit (such as transportation to a new place), or to meet a legal obligation, such as debt bondage.
definition of Chattel slavery:
A chattel slave is an enslaved person who is owned for ever and whose children and children's children are automatically enslaved. Chattel slaves are individuals treated as complete property, to be bought and sold. Chattel slavery was supported and made legal by European governments and monarchs.
ones a contract and the other is property. Ones an "employee" for a specific period the other one's livestock. There's a difference.

The founding fathers had a vision, imo, a divinely inspired vision that they didn't fully understand yet. (snip)
Wait...I thought we weren't pretending anymore? :scratch:
tulc(thinks that sounds an awful lot like a myth) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't watch football so at first I thought his kneeling was to show respect to the flag, perhaps he was in or had military family.
As a first generation american who still has affinity and hope to return to the old country, I find his position preposterous. His first indignation should be against his biological father for adding to the stereotype and abandoning him. His second should be against abortions especially since I'm sure his mother considered it and black babies are aborted at higher rates.
Now his wife is the most bizarre. She grew up in Saudi Arabia has already said she hated it and is exactly why she returned to America. So you hate America as much as your "holy land". And while you have other places to move to and can even get a passport to Egypt you brainwashed your half white husband. Lololol
I often call America my "parents adopted country" as I'm not a fan of it. And yet it's precisely these kind of people as one factor that makes this country wacky to say the least.
Nobody here cares about these random thoughts buddy.

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great idea let's just make this simple and rename every street, state, city, and holiday Obama.
Well...not every street. All the north south ones would be fine. Maybe the east west ones could be named Biden? But the city, state and holidays idea sounds good. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(who lives on Biden ave, the city of Obama, in the great state of Obama) :wave:

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's why the controversy we're talking about is so interesting. I agree with you about the NFL (and most other pro sports) being first and foremost about money. So if the changes that are in the works for accommodating the demands of player-protesters go through, how can this not cause a loss of attendance and, therefore, revenue?
I honestly think the America that I grew up in is over. The populist platform used to be a sure fire way to lose an election. Now, the populist platform might soon be the only way to get elected. If you think about what any president would have done under the circumstances, giving everyone a bunch of money the country doesn’t have had to happen if they wanted to be re elected. The irresponsible media showing anger inspiring movies during a time of social unrest needs to stop. That along with the constant flow of useless news. Pray on this and let me know what you see.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He is 100% right. Even the NFL realizes their mistake. "NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said he supports and encourages teams to sign quarterback Colin Kaepernick...NFL commissioner Roger Goodell closed out a turbulent week Friday by admitting in a video that the league has erred in how it has dealt with NFL player protests of police brutality and systemic racism over the past few years.

We also freed them.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
These situations always expose the racists. Black people are not allowed to do anything but keep quiet and fall in line, in the minds of many. This is clearly evident.

EZSCvsGXgAI4KPi.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc1d59c7f-20cf-43fb-9ff1-8f27c871315a_680x960.jpeg

It's just annoying to watch individual people with more wealth than me and all my ancestors dating back the the revolutionary war combined complain about "white privilege" non-stop for the past 10 years.

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From the article:

'You enslaved our ancestors,' the NFL free agent writes in a Twitter message posted Saturday

Happy Fourth of July? Not for free agent NFLquarterback Colin Kaepernick.

In a Twitter message Saturday, the former San Francisco 49ers player denounced the nation's 244th birthday as a “celebration of white supremacy.”

Along with a video showing images of the Ku Klux Klan, police brutality, slavery and lynchings, Kaepernick wrote: “Black ppl have been dehumanized, brutalized, criminalized + terrorized by America for centuries, & are expected to join your commemoration of ‘independence’, while you enslaved our ancestors. We reject your celebration of white supremacy & look forward to liberation for all.”

Continued below.
Kaepernick denounces 4th of July as ‘celebration of white supremacy’

From Kap's twitter feed on July 4, 2011.

"Happy 4th of july everyone I hope everyone has a blessed day"

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
150 years ago white people "freed" black people from slavery.
250 years ago (Independence Day) they wrote the Declaration of Independence, the foundation of the abolition 100 years later, and the foundation of the civil rights movement today.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is true and it’s something I should definitely work on... if we are gonna be consistent, would this mean that there is no right and wrong since from someone else’s perspective what I think is wrong they may think is right?... wouldn’t that be the only way to actual live out your statement about everyone having there own perspective?

It means our conception of right and wrong will be largely influenced by mindset, experiences, and upbringing.

Now consider that statement in light of your faith. Do you have difficulty understanding how some welcome the gospel and other’s have an unfavorable view of religion?

Do you expect them to embrace the message based on your perspective or do you understand there may be other elements at play which impact their ability to do so?

If you want to influence someone you must be willing to hear all sides. Not merely those which resonate with your feelings. You can’t assume your audience is coming from the same place.

I can wax and wane with Christians, Jews, atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, Hindus, Pagans, Native Americans, and so on. I am cognizant of their beliefs and have no difficulty discussing faith or its absence without offense.

Why would I take it personal? God moves hearts. Not man. Remember that. And pray for wisdom. :)

~Bella

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always have to chuckle when, as in the case of C.K., people utter such nonsense.......
https://www.history.com/news/american-slavery-before-jamestown-1619

And because so many on the left seem to live/die by Snopes......
FACT CHECK: 9 'Facts' About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know

One of my favorite sayings: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.....words C.K. (among others) would be wise to heed.

BTW, this is a subject that is well researched and finding the info requires virtually no effort at all......
When we were stationed @ Shaw AFB in South Carolina, we had to drive by William Ellisons' old plantation to get to our off-base house. It was well preserved. It was a shock to discover blacks once owned slaves in the U.S. much less that we lived near the historical home of one of the largest black slave owners in American history. The locals in Dalzell and Sumter knew though.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
When we were stationed @ Shaw AFB in South Carolina, we had to drive by William Ellisons' old plantation to get to our off-base house. It was well preserved. It was a shock to discover blacks once owned slaves in the U.S. much less that we lived near the historical home of one of the largest black slave owners in American history. The locals in Dalzell and Sumter knew though.

Mixed race individuals and Creoles weren’t always considered black. That changed later on. There was always an affluent class for people of color. Our Kind of People and Negroland address it.

You may also enjoy Black Fortunes and The Prince of Darkness. Both offer insight on black millionaires in earlier times.

~Bella

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
250 years ago (Independence Day) they wrote the Declaration of Independence, the foundation of the abolition 100 years later, and the foundation of the civil rights movement today.
...apparently that is one slow base if people are still having to fight for them two and a half centuries later. :sigh:
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article:

'You enslaved our ancestors,' the NFL free agent writes in a Twitter message posted Saturday

I love the way he says "we" (meaning white people living right now) enslaved his ancestors. What are we, time travelers? Nobody's disputing the fact that some of our white ancestors enslaved some of his black ancestors---but nobody alive right now was ever a slave owner, or held in slavery. All that garbage ended 150 years ago.

Furthermore, in my personal case, neither side of my family entered this country until after the Civil War was over with---so how can we be held responsible for enslaving blacks? It's ridiculous.

And finally, okay, so the whites bought slaves in Africa and shipped them to North America. We all know this. Question: Who was selling those slaves to the white people? Martians? Klingons? Eskimos?

No, it was black African people who were selling other black African people to the white people. So how come nobody seems to be demanding reparations from African nationals right now for slavery??? After all, they were just as complicit in the slave trade as the white people.

And in addition, the reason the black African people were selling their countrymen to the white Europeans and Americans operating off the west coast of Africa was because the Europeans and Americans were paying much higher prices for them than the Arabs operating off the east coast of Africa. Guess which segment of the world's population still holds the most slaves? If you guessed Arabs and Muslims, you win a Kewpie doll, because you'd be absolutely correct. So how come nobody is protesting against the Arabs and the Muslims?

I personally think it's way past time to put all this nonsense behind us and move forward. Nobody can change the past. But if they want to, they can start right now and change the future.

But that's not as easy as whining and protesting, is it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This reminds me if of a joke I heard
The reason animal rights activists protest fur more often than leather is because it is much easier to hassle old ladies than it is to hassle bikers.

Oh, it's easy enough to hassle bikers.

... it's just harder to walk away afterwards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"I say it with a sad sense of the disparity between us. I am not included within the pale of glorious anniversary! Your high independence only reveals the immeasurable distance between us. The blessings in which you, this day, rejoice, are not enjoyed in common. The rich inheritance of justice, liberty, prosperity and independence, bequeathed by your fathers, is shared by you, not by me. The sunlight that brought light and healing to you, has brought stripes and death to me. This Fourth July is yours, not mine. You may rejoice, I must mourn." - Frederick Douglas, "The Meaning of July Fourth for the Negro", July 5th, 1952

I'll just leave this here.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Loversofjesus_2018

Nov 13, 2018
West coast
✟32,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It means our conception of right and wrong will be largely influenced by mindset, experiences, and upbringing.

Now consider that statement in light of your faith. Do you have difficulty understanding how some welcome the gospel and other’s have an unfavorable view of religion?

Do you expect them to embrace the message based on your perspective or do you understand there may be other elements at play which impact their ability to do so?

If you want to influence someone you must be willing to hear all sides. Not merely those which resonate with your feelings. You can’t assume your audience is coming from the same place.

I can wax and wane with Christians, Jews, atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, Hindus, Pagans, Native Americans, and so on. I am cognizant of their beliefs and have no difficulty discussing faith or its absence without offense.

Why would I take it personal? God moves hearts. Not man. Remember that. And pray for wisdom. :)

~Bella
I’m actually pretty open minded on most things especially the differences in beliefs and religions. I have showed one of the areas I struggle with still. Not sure if I’ll understand the justification for some stuff but as you have hinted at it’s not really my job to change people’s mind regardless of what I think. Thanks :)

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’m actually pretty open minded on most things especially the differences in beliefs and religions. I have showed one of the areas I struggle with still. Not sure if I’ll understand the justification for some stuff but as you have hinted at it’s not really my job to change people’s mind regardless of what I think. Thanks :)

We all have areas of struggle. If the subject stirs your heart I would pray about. Sometimes the Lord gives us burdens which inspire our compassion and desire to assist others. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mixed race individuals and Creoles weren’t always considered black. That changed later on. There was always an affluent class for people of color. Our Kind of People and Negroland address it.

You may also enjoy Black Fortunes and The Prince of Darkness. Both offer insight on black millionaires in earlier times.

~Bella
History is fascinating. Things aren't always what you would expect.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ive just been reading that UK politician thinks the media are deliberately stirring up the whole #Me too, BLM and other things. He specifically mentioned the arab spring the media were whipping up and saying the whole middle east will change in 4 months, but it just went back to how it was. He thinks the whole BLM thing is being stirred up to try to antagonize people and get more BAME people to vote and get them voting for Joe Biden.

• Useful
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0