KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Such discipline and restraint!

Too bad the NRA is preoccupied, they could use this to complain about government violation of gun rights.
Too busy laundering Russian money into Donald's campaign to worry about things like rights.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Most lawful citizens do not answer their door with a gun in their hand.

I seem to remember a bit of support for this couple in previous threads
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200629131855-01-missouri-protests-couple-firearms.jpg

Wonder what the difference might be here versus there.

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Shooting someone on their doorstep, or kneeling on someone’s neck until they die, those aren’t ‘mistakes’. They’re the result of poor training and a culture that just accepts violent policing.

The cops usually use the amount of force required. The people they deal with are breaking the law, and usually by fighting them it escalates into unfortunate endings.

We have a very bad criminal culture in America, a lot is drug related crime. People on drugs do bad things. The police are standing in the gap. It's just a left leaning media that only runs the bad stories making it look like all cops are bad-which is their aim.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The cops usually use the amount of force required. The people they deal with are breaking the law, and usually by fighting them it escalates into unfortunate endings.

We have a very bad criminal culture in America, a lot is drug related crime. People on drugs do bad things. The police are standing in the gap. It's just a left leaning media that only runs the bad stories making it look like all cops are bad-which is their aim.

It seems like the whole country needs an overhaul.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apartment homes usually have a lot of drugs and junkies looking to get more drugs.
There's a lot of working class people too.

Knocking on a door late at night... never a good thing. Even though they hollered out "POLICE" I seriously doubt that the occupants clearly heard what they shouted. Those doors are usually insulated.

Looking out the peep hole (if the door had one) isn't customary practice for a lot of people.

If I was that guy... well I probably wouldn't be wearing shorts but would have had a gun in my hand as well. I'd be just as dead.

The officers were wrong...plain and simple. They didn't even have time to talk to the guy...the officer's partner saw the gun and fired as the guy tried to surrender.

It happens...

The Officer's partner is probably going to lose his job, get counseling, maybe even face criminal and civil charges from this.

The body cams this time aren't going to help the officers...they indicated them.

What was worse was that the girl didn't understand that her boyfriend/husband died while she was talking to the officer. And he told her as much.

And that would freak anyone out. A good night of playing games and having fun with your spouse and then they are dead. Her life is instantly turned upside down. His is over.

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It seems like the whole country needs an overhaul.

Well, Just like the whole world it needs Jesus to come back and set up His righteous Kingdom. It's going to worse before it gets better, but it has to play out.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The cops usually use the amount of force required.

The amount of force used wasn't required here

The people they deal with are breaking the law,

This one wasn't.

and usually by fighting them it escalates into unfortunate endings.

He fought no one....quite the contrary.

True, and fortunately the media can't do what the people won't let them do, and people know all cops aren't bad but that things are out of hand.

IMO, the police dept here is guilty of murder because they didn't have a taser gun. IOW, they didn't take every necessary precaution to see that this didn't happen. Also I'm not sure that this type of "jumpy" police officer cannot be screened out of even getting hired in the first place.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Young guys...new to the job...

It takes time to season someone to be a good officer. With all the garbage from BLM and "Defund the police" and other cop hating political rhetoric the seasoned professionals have left the force.
One to two years on the job isn't enough to season someone.

All this rhetoric is making things worse instead of better.

And an officer knows all too well that they aren't the judge...they just issue tickets and arrest people. A judge incarcerates them or sets them free or assigns fines or not.

Officers are just that...officers of the courts.
The judges and magistrates are the final authority. But BLB and other groups would like to have you believe otherwise.
Officers are the eyes and ears of the courts...pure and simple. Of course they are going to have to use force to bring criminals to court. No one wants to see the judge. He's the one who determines your fate.

I do get nervous around the young cops...for the things we saw in the video. (There are others where police just become unglued and start randomly shooting)

The older ones...I'm relaxed around.. they just look annoyed at me. LOL. (I'm usually clowning around with them)

• Agree
Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I seem to remember a bit of support for this couple in previous threads
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200629131855-01-missouri-protests-couple-firearms.jpg

Wonder what the difference might be here versus there.

One was responding to known thugs that have a long history of stealing, extortion, lying, assault, and murder and the other was pointing guns at unarmed Black people.

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One was responding to known thugs that have a long history of stealing, extortion, lying, assault, and murder and the other was pointing guns at unarmed Black people.
Totally different situation, no cops involved, and no mistake made by these home owners.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The amount of force used wasn't required here

This one wasn't.

He fought no one....quite the contrary.

True, and fortunately the media can't do what the people won't let them do, and people know all cops aren't bad but that things are out of hand.

IMO, the police dept here is guilty of murder because they didn't have a taser gun. IOW, they didn't take every necessary precaution to see that this didn't happen. Also I'm not sure that this type of "jumpy" police officer cannot be screened out of even getting hired in the first place.

Things are not out of hand. See, you have already judged the cops over one 7 min video. He did have a gun, and we need to let this be investigated.

Didn't have a tazer gun??? The guy at the door had a real gun. Come on, this probably falls in the tragic mistake category if you didn't have a bias against the police. The cops were really just looking to shoot someone when he went to the door. Yeah right. :sigh: That would be murder, there has to be intent, this was not that.

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Young guys...new to the job...

It takes time to season someone to be a good officer. With all the garbage from BLM and "Defund the police" and other cop hating political rhetoric the seasoned professionals have left the force.
One to two years on the job isn't enough to season someone.

All this rhetoric is making things worse instead of better.

And an officer knows all too well that they aren't the judge...they just issue tickets and arrest people. A judge incarcerates them or sets them free or assigns fines or not.

Officers are just that...officers of the courts.
The judges and magistrates are the final authority. But BLB and other groups would like to have you believe otherwise.
Officers are the eyes and ears of the courts...pure and simple. Of course they are going to have to use force to bring criminals to court. No one wants to see the judge. He's the one who determines your fate.

I do get nervous around the young cops...for the things we saw in the video. (There are others where police just become unglued and start randomly shooting)

The older ones...I'm relaxed around.. they just look annoyed at me. LOL. (I'm usually clowning around with them)

I take it you are an officer. :oldthumbsup:Thanks for your service and standing in the gap! Most law abiding citizens love the cops. Don't let the people on these forums discourage you. You are needed! :amen:

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Knocking on a door late at night... never a good thing. Even though they hollered out "POLICE" I seriously doubt that the occupants clearly heard what they shouted. Those doors are usually insulated.

IMO, it's stupidity on both sides of things. Total overreaction from the police, but if you are concerned enough to have a gun when you answer the door, why are you just opening the door and stepping out? It just seems like basic safety to me, if you think you will need a gun, stay inside.

That said, this all falls back on police expecting completely untrained people to act totally perfectly. Deviation from what they expect people to do shouldn't mean that they jump to shooting. Their threat analysis seems to be way off, at least in part due to the way they have been trained.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Things are not out of hand. See, you have already judged the cops over one 7 min video.

Nope. Judged by this incident and others.

He did have a gun, and we need to let this be investigated.

Of ccourse, but you and others are giving opinions now, so....

Didn't have a tazer gun??? The guy at the door had a real gun.

And? One of the cops should have had a real gun in hand and one a taser gun...simple

Come on, this probably falls in the tragic mistake category if you didn't have a bias against the police.

Darn right, a tragic mistake by the cops/police dept. Albeit somewhat understandable for the cops, since the cops were not ordered to be properly armed. .

The cops were really just looking to shoot someone when he went to the door.

I'm beginning to not take you seriously.

That would be murder, there has to be intent, this was not that.

No intent??? The INTENT was to kill!

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nope. Judged by this incident and others.

Of ccourse, but you and others are giving opinions now, so....

And? One of the cops should have had a real gun in hand and one a taser gun...simple

Darn right, a tragic mistake by the cops/police dept. Albeit somewhat understandable for the cops, since the cops were not ordered to be properly armed. .

I'm beginning to not take you seriously.

No intent??? The INTENT was to kill!

They only fired after seeing a gun the guy had in his hand. Common sense tells you you don't come to the door armed when the police are knocking, if you do you will get guns drawn on you. :doh:

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0