MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
One has to admire white people, when one of them gets shot, they just shrug and carry on with their day.

No sense in getting worked up, the police are just doing their job.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟215,935.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
British eh?
Yeah...for some reason those in the UK have a real hatred of guns.
I think Tom 1 is Romanian.

Very few British people have guns or want guns, and our police are mostly unarmed. We are mystified by the American gun culture and love of guns.

The only time I felt at risk in Romania was from Romanian sheepdogs - they were more like wolves than dogs, not anything like English sheepdogs.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
One has to admire white people, when one of them gets shot, they just shrug and carry on with their day.

Such discipline and restraint!

Too bad the NRA is preoccupied, they could use this to complain about government violation of gun rights.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Tom 1 is Romanian.

Very few British people have guns or want guns, and our police are mostly unarmed. We are mystified by the American gun culture and love of guns.

The only time I felt at risk in Romania was from Romanian sheepdogs - they were more like wolves than dogs, not anything like English sheepdogs.

Yeah the sheepdogs here can be a pain if you go hiking, although they won’t usually bite if you just slowly keep moving off their territory. Bending down to pick up a stone usually makes them run off.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
White people understand people make mistakes.

Shooting someone on their doorstep, or kneeling on someone’s neck until they die, those aren’t ‘mistakes’. They’re the result of poor training and a culture that just accepts violent policing.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Guy answers the door armed, as soon as he realizes they’re cops, he tries to kneel down and surrender, but they shoot and kill him. They were there because a neighbor called in a noise complaint.

Noise complaint led to the fatal police shooting of Ryan Whitaker

where do you see him kneel? I see him with a gun and his hands moving up from his waist. The officers identified themselves when the knocked on the door and asked for a show of hands when the door was opened. There is no way for the officer to know what the intent of an armed man is, they had to defend themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well maybe that is because I am attempting to look at the facts and not just find an excuse to criticize the police.
Maybe. But personally I think it's just that some people perceive reality different than others. Where some people might see an involuntary twitch or a defensive gesture, others see obvious resistant just shy of a combat roll and opening fire.

Now.. I have to admit that I didn't watch this video. I don't want to watch people getting killed. But I guess that makes me part of a minority around here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
where do you see him kneel? I see him with a gun and his hands moving up from his waist. The officers identified themselves when the knocked on the door and asked for a show of hands when the door was opened. There is no way for the officer to know what the intent of an armed man is, they had to defend themselves.

He clearly goes to his knees and puts his hands out as soon as warned.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now.. I have to admit that I didn't watch this video. I don't want to watch people getting killed. But I guess that makes me part of a minority around here.

Oh, please.

These videos rarely, if ever, show anyone actually being shot, it's generally blurred or something, just as this one is.

If some do actually see something like that, it's because they watch to see/be outraged by reality and not hide from it, and has nothing to do with enjoying watching someone be killed.

They watch because they hate it, want to feel the full impact of it, and don't want to forget it, not because they enjoy it. If one can't handle it, then don't watch it, but that making them better than others is far from the truth.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oh, please.

These videos rarely, if ever, show anyone actually being shot, it's generally blurred or something, just as this one is.

If some do actually see something like that, it's because they watch to see/be outraged by reality and not hide from it, and has nothing to do with enjoying watching someone be killed.

They watch because they hate it, want to feel the full impact of it, and don't want to forget it, not because they enjoy it. If one can't handle it, then don't watch it, but that making them better than others is far from the truth.
I've never said something about enjoyment. I said I don't WANT TO WATCH IT.

That's probably you projecting hard.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is no way for the officer to know what the intent of an armed man is, they had to defend themselves.

This kind of ties to other conversations we have going.

Isn’t it grand that people have weapons so they can defend themselves?

Or get killed because of it ?

One more guy who would have lived if only the “bad people “ had guns.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This kind of ties to other conversations we have going.

Isn’t it grand that people have weapons so they can defend themselves?

Or get killed because of it ?

One more guy who would have lived if only the “bad people “ had guns.
Most lawful citizens do not answer their door with a gun in their hand. This one guy would have lived if he had asked who is there before he opened the door with his gun in his hand. Note that the police identified themselves as police when they knocked on the door.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He clearly goes to his knees and puts his hands out as soon as warned.
I have looked at this several times now, I see him come to the door see the police and reach with his right hand towards the small of his back, the officer seeing this yells woa, hands, hand, hands the hand comes out with a gun in it and shots are fired by the cover officer. I would like to see this in slow motion but I am not certain how to do that on my computer.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have looked at this several times now, I see him come to the door see the police and reach with his right hand towards the small of his back, the officer seeing this yells woa, hands, hand, hands the hand comes out with a gun in it and shots are fired by the cover officer. I would like to see this in slow motion but I am not certain how to do that on my computer.

He already has the pistol in his right hand when he opens the door, pointing at the ground. When he sees it's the cops, he drops to one knee, still with the pistol in his hand. That's when the cops shoot him.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Most lawful citizens do not answer their door with a gun in their hand. This one guy would have lived if he had asked who is there before he opened the door with his gun in his hand. Note that the police identified themselves as police when they knocked on the door.

Think about it.

If you are already afraid enough to carry a gun when you go to your door in the middle of the night why would he believe it was the police even when they said so provided he even heard them in the first place ?

Then they stood aside the door - for safety reasons presumably - so he couldn’t even see them from the inside.

Criminals, being the clever and dastardly types, presumably could lie and deceive about their identities and intent.

Well, guess they could have both yelled through the door how everyone is armed and ready to fire hopefully without anyone panicking and starting to fire through the door.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never said something about enjoyment. I said I don't WANT TO WATCH IT.

That's probably you projecting hard.

The following implies that while you don't, others here like watching people being killed. I try not to make degrading personal comments about posters here, however what others do is up to them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0