Judge says Deutsche Bank, Capital One can give Trump financial records to House Democrats

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Judge says Deutsche Bank, Capital One can give Trump financial records to House Democrats
A federal judge in New York City on Wednesday said Deutsche Bank and Capital One can turn over financial documents related to President Donald Trump and his businesses in response to subpoenas from two Democrat-led House committees.

Judge Edgardo Ramos’ ruling came after a hearing at which lawyers for Trump, his three older children, Donald Jr. Eric and Ivanka, and the Trump Organization argued that the subpoenas to the two banks should be quashed. An appeal of the decision is all but certain.

Ramos, an appointee of President Barack Obama, said in U.S. District Court in Manhattan that the Trump clan’s arguments “are not sufficiently serious as it relates to Supreme Court precedent” dealing with the question of turning over documents to Congress.
tulc(thought this was interesting) :wave:

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
If those banks were to volunteer records of any customer without their permission that didn't require a court order they would pay for it dearly as not only would Trump no longer do business with those banks but a lot of other customers would also take their business to a bank that would keep their records confidential.
If my bank gave my records to anyone without my permisssion and/or a court order requiring them to do so under penalty of law I would dump them as soon as I could and go to another bank and never come back .. ever and I would tell everyone what they did to me from then on.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is getting ludicrous. Whatever they want (if they are democrats) everybody lets them have, and turn their backs on the obvious hypocrisy. "We think he is corrupt (whether we are or not) and so therefore we have to find anything we can to bust him on." (emph. added)
...you do understand President Trump and all of his supporters thinking something is hypocrisy doesn't actually negate congresses authority to collect whatever information they feel they need to have oversight of the President, right? :sorry:

Such is the nature of hatred and power hunger.
Apparently so is the desire to keep things hidden from the people who are responsible for making sure everything is above board and transparent. :wave:
tulc(thinks if someone has nothing to hide there shouldn't be a problem, right?) :scratch:

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
...you do understand President Trump and all of his supporters thinking something is hypocrisy doesn't actually negate congresses authority to collect whatever information they feel they need to have oversight of the President, right? :sorry:

Apparently so is the desire to keep things hidden from the people who are responsible for making sure everything is above board and transparent. :wave:
tulc(thinks if someone has nothing to hide there shouldn't be a problem, right?) :scratch:
Do you think the principle that applies everywhere else in United States law enforcement --search without probable cause-- doesn't apply to them? Yet bald in their face is the many many crimes of Hillary and the probable cause of the attempted coup (still ongoing by the dems) by a bunch of powerful Trump haters.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think the principle that applies everywhere else in United States law enforcement --search without probable cause-- doesn't apply to them?
apparently they satisfied a judge there was enough probable cause, hence the court order. :wave:

Yet bald in their face is the many many crimes of Hillary
Two points:
1) this thread is about President Trump not Sec. Clinton
and
2) if you'd like to discuss Sec Clinton you should start a thread about that subject where it can be discussed. :)

and the probable cause of the attempted coup (still ongoing by the dems) by a bunch of powerful Trump haters.
Sorry, President Trump and his supporters attempting to make President Trumps inability to be able to do...well, any job he was elected to do, has more to do with his not having a clue what the job of being President of the United States is rather then some "coup attempt by Democrats". I understand President Trump is pushing this myth pretty hard now but it's simply not true. ;)
tulc(does chuckle every time President Trump or one of his supporters makes this claim) :D

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is getting ludicrous. Whatever they want (if they are democrats) everybody lets them have, and turn their backs on the obvious hypocrisy. "We think he is corrupt (whether we are or not) and so therefore we have to find anything we can to bust him on."

Such is the nature of hatred and power hunger.

Say republicans who are shocked and dismayed to find that the door swings both ways...

"What you’re going to see is a conservative speaker, that takes a conservative Congress, that puts a strategy to fight and win. And let me give you one example. Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?

But we put together a Benghazi special committee. A select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable. But no one would have known that any of that had happened had we not fought to make that happen."

House Republican Kevin McCarthy, inadvertently admitting the real reason for the numerous failed "investigation" of Hillary Clinton.

The difference between the republican effort and the investigations into the Trump organization? Dozens of indictments and a good number of crooks going prison.

And it's not over.

• Winner
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0