HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
hi Bob.....
so when the devil attacks...... we find the WORD that SPEAKS to that attack...... and then speak it...... but beyond SPEAKING the WORD..... what else do we need to do?......

i know we can't ignore attacks..... we need to open our mouths and speak the WORD to EVERY situation that arises...... and speak the WORD to every doubt or feeling we have..... or every symptom or sign we see that contradicts the WORD......

anything else?.....

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
[#1] so if the devil is stupid enough to try to mess with us...... all we need to do is just speak the WORD and the WORD of GOD'S POWER enforces the VICTORY JESUS WON.....

[#2] the devil has limited resources..... so he is not going to waste his time messing with someone who knows their authority in CHRIST..... if we are consistent in speaking GOD's WORD of POWER at every attack.... the devil will look for an easier target.....

i understand curry's BOLD militant attitude...... and i understand how he says the fiercest fighters are the ones that love to fight..... [#3] but my understanding of the WORD is that we don't need to battle the devil at all..... only speak the WORD.....

[#4] our fight of faith is to stay in faith and not be tricked into acting beyond faith and the finished work of JESUS..... to stay in faith is to not get tricked into a battle that is already WON.... to insist that it is INDEED WON..... let the redeemed of the LORD say so.....

hi Bob.....
so when the devil attacks...... we find the WORD that SPEAKS to that attack...... and then speak it...... but beyond SPEAKING the WORD..... what else do we need to do?......

i know we can't ignore attacks..... we need to open our mouths and speak the WORD to EVERY situation that arises...... and speak the WORD to every doubt or feeling we have..... or every symptom or sign we see that contradicts the WORD......

anything else?.....

[#5] and i find it interesting that the WORD says we WRESTLE principalities and powers..... it doesn't say we battle them..... that kind of sounds like what peace-keeping forces do...... they subdue the lawbreakers..... but they don't usually WAR with the lawbreakers.....

this is an excellent topic..... what exactly do we NEED to do?..... after reading [#6] ke hagin's book "midas touch"..... his address on the subject of believers not understanding their full authority was a new concept to me..... i never thought of myself as the occupation army..... i always thought of myself as the fighting the war army....

derek prince and lester sumrall also don't do the WARFARE type fighting..... they speak the WORD..... in fact i think it was lester sumrall that said if people realized how easy it was they would see that even a child could take authority over the devil..... and they wouldn't need to call lester to come help them out..... he said their ignorance of how easy it was created unecesary hardship for people.....

i would love to get this topic sorted out..... it would be good to do EVERYTHING neccesary.... but ONLY what was necessary.....

ps. i don't have that book you spoke of Bob....
First, to cover the bolded statements from your past 3 posts quoted above.

[#1]
Yes, the devil is stupid enough to try to mess with us. He messed with Jimmy Swaggart, who was quite powerful in faith and used of God for a time, until his lusts (presented by that stupid devil) overcame him.

Or should we look to Haggard who built a 14,000 member church and was quite an annointed pastor until that weasel, the devil, stupidly tried to introduce lust, drugs and homosexuality into his life.

Jim and Tammy Faye? Marcus? There are more, as you know.

The devil IS stupid. But sometimes the saints are stupid too.

And yes, it is the Word of God that will overcome the devil; it is the Word of God that is our strength and from which the authority over the devil comes. We can not do anything against the devil on our own power, but rather only with the Word.

[#2]
Yes, the devil has limited resources, but only because he is a created being. He can't create; he can't force you to do something. He can only lie; or as Fred Price says: TIS -- thoughts, ideas and suggestions. As in the garden, he has to get you to believe his lie (and a subtle lie it will be at times) and misinformation. If you do, you've stepped off the Word. Then it can snowball.

And yes, he will waste his time messing with us. If he wan't going to waste his time, then people like Ken and Gloria would have no opposition at all. It is all he has to do with his time. He already lost. He can't lose any more. His fate is sealed and he is looking to take down as many saints as he can.

So the truth from #2 is that we need to be "consistent in speaking GOD's WORD of POWER at every attack..."

[#3]
Do we need to battle the devil? Or only speak the Word? Roll both questions into one and the answer is YES!!

You see the Word is our armor. Gloria covered the armor a time back; remember "the bubble"?? You have your loins girded, a breastplate, shoes for battle, a shield, a helmet and a sword. You need to take up these things and you need to boldly go and use them. See also #5 below.

[#4]
Absolutely. And beautifully put.

We don't need to go beyond the Word into our own power (for we have none), but rather use the armor of the Word that has been given to us to use. But it has been given to us to use!!

[#5]
See also #3 above.

Ephesians 6:11 it tells us to use this armor to "be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." "To stand" is histemi in the Greek. It means to be upright, to continue, to establish. It is often compared to the Greek tithemi, which means to advise, bow, lay (aside or down), purpose; and also the Greek keimai, which is to lie down prostrate, to settle, to sink.

Histemi is active. It is bold. It is in your face.

We don't need to go out and chase the devil. Jesus defeated him and he is nothing but a hindrance. But when he comes we need to aggressively move him aside with the Word, put him under our feet, command him with authority to be removed.

[#6]
Better book for authority is "The Believer's Authority" by Kenneth E. Hagin. Midas Touch is an interesting book. It was published in about 2002 and was written as a follow up to meetings that Hagin had withe growing Word/Faith ministers at the time.

Dad Hagin had called the leading WoF ministers together because in his opinion some were leaving the core of what he felt WoF was about (the power of the gospel message and who we are in Christ) and focusing too much on one single portion of prosperity, for most, namely: money.

Hagin chastised the ministers to not lose sight on what the Gospel message was all about and what part WoF played in re-energizing the power of the gospel back into the church. And inside sources say that he was angry at certain ministers for using the prosperity message as a sort of 'cash cow' to make money.

So Midas Touch was a foundational book, in a sense, to cover the topics worth teaching and to tell the ministry not to forget ANY of the topics at the exclusion of any one.

----

To wrap it all up, it isn't that anything you said is blatantly wrong, don't misunderstand me. But rather there was a flavor that we could sit and quote the Word at the devil and he would have to flee simply at the words.
Mat 17:19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?" 20 He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."
21 [But this kind never comes out except by prayer and fasting.]
The disciples knew the Word, as Jesus had taught. They knew how to cast out demons. But their faith would wander up and down. In this case, they had "little faith."

There is also the story of the sons of Sceva in Acts 19.
Act 19:13 Some Jewish men started going around trying to force out evil spirits by using the name of the Lord Jesus. They said to the spirits, "Come out in the name of that same Jesus that Paul preaches about!" 14 Seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva were doing this, 15 when an evil spirit said to them, "I know Jesus! And I have heard about Paul. But who are you?" 16 Then the man with the evil spirit jumped on them and beat them up. They ran out of the house, naked and bruised.
But you know this, I'm sure. It is not just the words from the bible that contain power, but it is our faith in them and in the Authority behind them, which is our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who is God.

And it is in that faith that we must grow. We must contend for the faith and we must put it to use, much like a muscle, strengthening it, so to speak. And as we prove faithful in the little, God will give more and more.

----

Finally, I highly recommend "Sparkling Gems" by Rick Renner. It reads like a devotional (one topic per day). In each topic he defines and explains one or more Greek words and their use in the scripture. It is an awesome journey.

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
To wrap it all up, it isn't that anything you said is blatantly wrong, don't misunderstand me. But rather there was a flavor that we could sit and quote the Word at the devil and he would have to flee simply at the words.

Finally, I highly recommend "Sparkling Gems" by Rick Renner. It reads like a devotional (one topic per day). In each topic he defines and explains one or more Greek words and their use in the scripture. It is an awesome journey.

funny you should say "sit and quote the WORD at the devil"..... because that is ALMOST what i was thinking..... that is the picture jeremy painted on bvov in june 2010..... entering GOD'S rest and staying in faith..... he made a HUGE point of saying if you trusted the chair you were sitting in..... you would remain sitting in it and not be moved out of it..... he said that SPEAKING the WORD from a resting place is FAITH...... anything more than that was beyond faith.....

ever since then i have been keeping that mental picture before me..... that if i truly was in faith i would not be shaken..... i would stay in my chair..... and SPEAK the WORD in faith and trust..... because the WORD IS the POWER.....

jeremy convinced me to..... not add my human power to the WORD...... the WORD has it's OWN sufficient INHERENT POWER.....

and i DON'T need to jump out of my FAITH REST chair to try to help the WORD do it's work..... or to MAKE SURE the WORD is working..... he convinced me that i should KEEP my faith steady..... stay SEATED in heavenly places with CHRIST..... SPEAK with FAITH..... and KNOW that the WORD ALWAYS WORKS......

he said JESUS spoke the WORD and then acted as though the WORD WORKS from the moment it is spoken.....

now jeremy was talking as though SPEAKING was making a decree or command..... different than meditating the WORD or quoting the WORD..... that is why i was wondering what EXACT steps you would say needed to be added to the WORD COMMAND?..... JESUS spoke to the fig tree..... and told us to speak like that to mountains..... are there any other steps to add to the SPEAKING?.....

i agree with the other things you said..... i think of them as a lifestyle..... to be kept faithfully..... because of the pitfalls you mentioned..... but when the devil makes a specific attack...... on someone who is constantly doing those WORD / purity / lifestyle activities...... is there anything more than a SPOKEN WORD COMMAND to be made?.....

i will try to get rick's book sparkling gems......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
funny you should say "sit and quote the WORD at the devil"..... because that is EXACTLY what i was thinking..... that is the picture jeremy painted on bvov 2 or 3 months back..... entering GOD'S rest and staying in faith..... he made a HUGE point of saying if you trusted the chair you were sitting in..... you would remain sitting in it and not be moved out of it..... he said that SPEAKING the WORD (which is more intense than quoting) from a resting place is FAITH...... anything more than that was beyond faith.....
First, I highly respect Jeremy Pearsons. I think he is the next generation of Copeland Ministries if Jesus doesn't come back for the church before Ken and Gloria go home.

Next, do you have the date for what you quote here? I'd like to revisit that broadcast.

I do understand entering into God's rest. And as I said in [#4] of my points: "We don't need to go beyond the Word into our own power (for we have none)."

In other words, the Word works and nothing that we physically or mentally can do will add one iota to that. For us to use the Word in this manner requires faith. When the disciples had little faith, there were no miracles. When the sons of Sceva, without faith, attempted to use the Word, the demons ate them up and spit them out.

ever since then i have been keeping that mental picture before me..... that if i truly was in faith i would not be shaken..... i would stay in my chair..... and only SPEAK the WORD in faith and trust..... because the WORD IS the POWER.....

jeremy convinced me that..... me getting up and in any human way trying to add power to the WORD...... would be me ADDING myself into the mix..... he quoted men of faith that refused to move at all..... and ONLY spoke the WORD like it was sufficient all on it's OWN INHERENT POWER.....
Let me see if I can get my meaning across this way. Can you sit in your chair without helmet, sword, shoes, breastplate, shield or belt and expect success simply by speaking words? See the subtlety here?

There is a difference between simply speaking the words, and wielding the Word.

jeremy convinced me that the WORD doesn't have anymore power standing.... running..... sitting...... in fact he said that jumping out of the chair (FAITH REST).... is a sign that i can't just walk away knowing the WORD works..... he said it was a sign that i would be trying to MAKE SURE the WORD is working..... before i can get peaceful enough to go sit back down in my FAITH REST chair..... he convinced me that i should KEEP my faith steady..... stay SEATED in heavenly places with CHRIST..... SPEAK with FAITH..... and WATCH the WORD WORK......
Wel, I'm sure you're not talking about physically standing, running, sitting, but rather spiritually moving. In that, I believe Jeremy is talking about being in God's rest: understanding that it is not up to you or your power, but that you are under His wing, under His protection, using His Word.

But you see there are many Christians who really know the Word and are dying of sicknesses. Why?

he said JESUS didn't do anything more than speak the WORD..... in fact he said JESUS only spoke the WORD once..... HE never repeated HIMSELF..... as though to say the WORD WORKS from the moment it is spoken.....
Yes, and Jesus was our perfect example of walking in faith.

now jeremy was talking as though SPEAKING was making a decree or command..... different than meditating the WORD or quoting the WORD..... that is why i was wondering what EXACT steps you would say needed to be added to the WORD COMMAND?..... JESUS spoke to the fig tree..... and told us to speak like that to mountains..... are there any other steps to add to the SPEAKING?.....
Yes, this is the key. The power of the Word verses the words of the Word.

Again, the stronger you get in Christ the MORE the devil will try to come after you -- not the less that he will try. He won't back off; and if he can get a general to fall instead of a private....

So we need to know our armor; we need to know our weapons
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
i agree with the other things you said..... i think of them as a lifestyle..... to be kept faithfully..... because of the pitfalls you mentioned..... but when the devil makes a specific attack...... on someone who is constantly doing those WORD / purity / lifestyle activities...... is there anything more than a SPOKEN WORD COMMAND to be made?.....
Nothing more ADDED to the Word; but in us, in our faith, in our confidence, in our steadfast knowledge that the Word works, in our fight against those moments of doubt....

so now i am left wondering..... jeremy is young and new on the scene...... but he did quote mighty faith men...... sooooo...... mmmmmmm....... praying.... praying..... praying.....
Jeremy is an awesome preacher of God's Word. He has been raised and taught by some of the best teachers we know. This doesn't mean that as a man he and his teachers can't make mistakes. But, revisit the broadcast (and let me know where it is too!) and you will see that he is saying that the Word works, nothing you can add physically or emotionally will make it work better. But doing the Word takes growth.

i will try to get rick's book sparkling gems......
You will be blessed by it.

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
hi Bob.....
here is the link to jeremy's rest=faith broadcasts...... choose the week that ends june 18 2010...... the 18th was the best...... but the whole week was about the subject..... i think..... i am still looking for the one where he was talking about leaning up against a wall or sitting in a chair..... and not be tricked into getting up and out of the chair.....

you have to type in jeremy as the author..... and then look for "keys to enter into the rest".....
it actually started the week earlier..... "how to live in a place called rest".....

Christian Worship, Ministry Webcasts, Biblical Faith, Bible Teaching - Kenneth Copeland Ministries

i will reply to the rest of your post later.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
hi Scott and Bob..... i guess we kinda got onto what might be a different topic..... this warfare principles topic could really be an in-depth subject of it's own..... love both these topics though..... healing...... and efficient / effective warfare..... they are both very important to us all.....

should Bob and i start a new thread about warfare..... and ask the mods to move these last 8 posts (#19 - #27 ) to a new thread..... so that this one could remain a jg lake / curry blake thread?..... or are we still on topic.....

i started the dht 19 series course over..... took notes on #1 - #3..... going to try to get a chance to post my highlight notes from those first 3 lessons...... curry has really good nuggets in each lesson.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
the HOLY SPIRIT indwelling us is waaaaaaaaay smarter than the devil..... so...... i will keep close with the HOLY SPIRIT..... and stay in the WORD..... and listen to good WOF teaching..... and stay in faith..... and use WORD COMMANDS as a weapon.....

my goal is to know the WORD..... use the WORD..... stay close to the HOLY SPIRIT..... and do what HE says....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
huh? :o

You seem to contradict yourself a few times in here. I'll make my comments in order and I'll mark what I think are contradictions in BLUE. If I'm misreading them, then let me know.

my thoughts are..... the devil only tries something if he think he can win.... he doesn't mess with ken and gloria much anymore..... the last big thing was that "inquiry" that senator tried to use against kcm and creflo..... but it ended up no where..... so other than that the devil doesn't actually mess with the copelands much..... not like he used to when they weren't as knowlegable.....
One of them just recently commented on how much they are tried by the devil on a daily basis. But because they are strong in faith and know how to defend with the Word, the arrows don't stick. If you think the devil is not messing with them, just do a Google search for 'kenneth copeland' or 'creflo dollar' and see how many legitimate sites are mixed in with the attacks.

the more we learn..... the more we can block the devil.....
True.

he's been around a lot longer than us..... but the HOLY SPIRIT indwelling us is waaaaaaaaay smarter than the devil..... so my thoughts are..... get smart in the WORD..... by keeping close with the HOLY SPIRIT..... and then EVERY TACTIC can be squashed at the conception.....
Yes. But this is not the frequency of the attack or whether the devil gives up. This is our authority over his tactics. Our ability to defend.

stay in the WORD..... stay in faith..... stay in CONSTANT dialogue with the HOLY SPIRIT..... or at least keep our ears open to HIM..... and our hearts filled with the WORD...... and then use WORD COMMANDS as needed (use the WORD as a weapon).....
Yes, our defense.

ke hagin didn't get much opposition..... he squashed the devil at every turn..... so a person NOT following the HOLY SPIRIT will get practically NO OPPOSITION from the devil......
Seems like a contradiction. ke hagin gets no opposition...but a person NOT following the HOLY SPIRIT will get no opposition. Did ke hagin NOT follow the Holy Spirit???

a person obeying the HOLY SPIRIT will get opposition from the devil.... especially GOD'S generals..... because the devil has to use his limited resources on his threats.....

but the person / general who demonstrates that he knows the WORD..... uses the WORD..... stays close to the HOLY SPIRIT and does what HE says.... will get waaaaaay less attack from the devil than a person / general who doesn't do these these 4 things.....
Seems contradictory. God's genereals will get opposition, but since the generals know the Word, use the Word, stay close to the HS and do what He says they get waaaaay less opposition?? Do they or don't they?

so attack will come because of the WORD'S sake..... but to minimize myself as a target..... if i know and use the WORD..... hear and obey the HOLY SPIRIT.... i will minimize it substantially.....
Well, knowing the Word (and knowing how to use it) does not minimize you as a target, but rather it doesn't let the arrows stick. They bounce off your sheild.

at least compared to the person / general who doesn't do these 4 things.....

but the absolute least amount of attack comes to those who are no threat at all..... the devil wants them to continue as is.... so he doesn't rock their boat.....
The devil is waiting for the sheild to be lowered. He continuously attacks faith people hoping to get through; if he gave up, then those high in faith have nothing to worry about: no sicknes, no disease, no poverty... And this simply is not true.

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
One of them just recently commented on how much they are tried by the devil on a daily basis. But because they are strong in faith and know how to defend with the Word, the arrows don't stick. If you think the devil is not messing with them, just do a Google search for 'kenneth copeland' or 'creflo dollar' and see how many legitimate sites are mixed in with the attacks.

ok Bob..... you got me..... my logic doesn't hold up..... so i retract what i said..... :sorry: :blush:

so Scott..... i apologize for what i said about the nazi thing..... from what Bob is saying..... curry would be right.....

so i will go back and edit my posts because i don't want to have wrong words pasted on a page..... sorry guys...... i was wrong.....

so curry says to love the warfare and be relentless about it..... i guess if that is the way it is..... i better get with it......

i was really hoping that jeremy was right and i could just SPEAK the WORD like a command at EVERY opposition to be removed and cast into the sea.....

so.... back to the drawing board for me..... thanks for challenging the error of my thinking Bob..... the TRUTH ALWAYS sets me free..... i LOVE the TRUTH....

ps. i edited all my posts based on the things Bob, Scott, and curry said..... did i get it right now?..... or is some of it still off track?.... i sure love how we can have these discussions..... i love to find the TRUTH..... and if i am wrong on something..... i love to make it right..... i'm learning to not be afraid anymore of being wrong..... i used to get soooo upset with doing or saying the wrong thing..... now i am learning to just make it right when it is wrong.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Another point in lesson 11

You don't need faith to heal. You just need faith in Jesus and the faith to heal comes with it.

my comments 2 Cor 1:20 backs this up because it is with Jesus that the promises are active.

curry says:
the bolder we get..... and the more militant we get..... the better it works.....

JESUS is a warrior.... not a wimp.....

historically the majority in the church was women.... and the church has been feminized as a result....

when JESUS returns next it will be as a warrior.... not as a lamb..... and we shall be like HIM....

JESUS' mission was warfare.... every healing HE performed was an act of war from the kingdom of GOD against the kingdom of darkness.....

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
curry says:

we have the anointing of JESUS CHRIST..... but i emphasize on responsibility and on doing what you are supposed to do and setting the captives free......

if what i do is by the anointing you cannot do what i do.....
but if what i do is by the WORD of GOD and my faith in GOD then you can do what i can do.....

don't do an impartation service because i can't give you what you have already got..... i can only show you what you already have.....

get the WORD of GOD..... do it..... and set people free.....
anointed is to do what the WORD says..... lay hands on the sick and they will recover....

jg lake says that you should be able to manifest the SPIRIT of GOD at will.... don't have to wait for HIM to show up.... HE'S already here ahead of you....

the only hindrance to healing is the fact that you believe there are hindrances to healing....

what is the best method to recieve your healing?.... the one you believe in.....

nothing can stop the power of GOD.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
the SPIRIT of GOD can work anywhere anytime under any conditions.....
you don't have to get the conditions right for HIM to work......
i don't have to have everything right for HIM to show up.....
all you have to have is sick people and HE will show up.....

jg lake called it the science of divine healing.... which is going back to the BIBLE and doing what the BIBLE says....

don't get around dull people because they will dull you......
get around people who will sharpen you..... even if their sharpening isn't pleasant.....

get rid of traditions..... get to where only the WORD of GOD is left..... the WORD of GOD works......

when i got ahold of the dr jg lake healing manual and started reading it..... it changed how i prayed.....
instead of talking to GOD about the healing.... i told the sickness and disease what to do.....

there is not one place in the BIBLE where it tells us to talk to GOD about a healing.....

you are to be according to GOD a mix between a soldier and a policeman in the spiritual realm.....

as a policeman the criminals against GOD is sickness sin disease demonic beings.....
anything that would exalt itself against the knowlege of GOD....
our job is to search them out and destroy them....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
curry says:

i changed the way i prayed and started commanding instead of asking....
and immediately our success rate shot up....
and then over a period of time as i continued studying the manual and continued making changes...

the main changes i made after changing the way i prayed was in what i believed....

what you get is what you are believing when you pray....
if you are believing for a progressive healing that is probably what you are going to get.... if you are believing for an instant healing that is probably what you are going to get....

the other aspect was i quit looking at other people's faith....
i found that even though JESUS would acknowlege other people's faith....
HE never relied on it.... and when people didn't have faith HE had it for them....

jg lake ministerd to a crippled man who said he had no faith.... jg lake said that's ok i have enough faith for both of us..... he never prayed for the man..... he let the SPIRIT of LIFE flow from him to the man to drive out the sickness and disease..... while he stood there talking to the man he shook the man's hand.... he took the man's crutch away from him and the man didn't even notice..... he shook the man's arm at the end of the conversation and said you go and have a good day....and the man turned and walked out without his crutch and didn't even notice he was healed....

sickness and disease is not from GOD.... it is not sent to show you anything or teach you anything.... it is not meant to make you better.... it is meant to destroy you.... hardship and trials do not make you better.....

our job is to conquer sin and sickness and disease and bring HIM glory.....

once you really understand that who you touch will live..... you will start to look at your hands different.... you won't be talking about an anointing.... you will be talking about GOD show me how i can be more usable.... show me how to run my race clearer and faster and show me what is important....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
curry says:
the more i talk about the WORD of GOD the more powerful i get.... the more questions i answer the more powerful i get.... i don't wear out....

if it's BIBLE it has to work EVERYWHERE....

if you are a christian your generation goes back one generation to JESUS.... every problem that a christian has goes back to:
they do not know the benefits of the covenant they have.... or they are not walking in the benefits of the new birth.... through JESUS we have generational blessings....

the devil is defeated so find his works and kill them cast them out destroy them.... do whatever it takes..... get rid of all stupid beliefs.... all the yeah buts.....

there is not one thing that can stop the power of GOD.... not sin.... have perfect determination that you won't give up before the attacks do.... once you get that grit it works.... once you get that grit they leave before you get there....

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
ok Bob..... you got me..... my logic doesn't hold up..... so i retract what i said..... :sorry: :blush:

so Scott..... i apologize for what i said about the nazi thing..... from what Bob is saying..... curry would be right.....

so i will go back and edit my posts because i don't want to have wrong words pasted on a page..... sorry guys...... i was wrong.....
I would advise you don't do that. Your posts, right or wrong, can teach people. If you happen to say something not quite perfect, there may be someone else who thinks the same way: they can learn from the whole conversation, as is. Don't be concerned about it.

so curry says to love the warfare and be relentless about it..... i guess if that is the way it is..... i better get with it......
Now don't go looking for the fight; but when the devil brings the fight you know you have the armor and the authority to win!!! God is on your side and if God is with you who can stand against you!!!

i was really hoping that jeremy was right and i could just SPEAK the WORD like a command at EVERY opposition to be removed and cast into the sea.....
I still want to see the broadcast you talk about. Jeremy likely had it right but was saying something a little different than you heard. Let's find the broadcast.

so.... back to the drawing board for me..... thanks for challenging the error of my thinking Bob..... the TRUTH ALWAYS sets me free..... i LOVE the TRUTH....
And when the posts come when I say wrong things, you do the same for me!! Iron sharpens iron!!

ps. i edited all my posts based on the things Bob, Scott, and curry said..... did i get it right now?..... or is some of it still off track?.... i sure love how we can have these discussions..... i love to find the TRUTH..... and if i am wrong on something..... i love to make it right..... i'm learning to not be afraid anymore of being wrong..... i used to get soooo upset with doing or saying the wrong thing..... now i am learning to just make it right when it is wrong.....
Our life and learning is a process. And we ALL need to grow and learn and learn and grow. God is patient and He will lead us into the knowledge of the truth!!

Be blessed!!!

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
yeah.... he said we don't need to have faith in the WORD..... just in JESUS.... and then we ACT on the WORD with or without feelings..... i like how he said walking in the SPIRIT is NOT a feeling.... walking by the WORD is WALKING in the SPIRIT..... so he said to walk by the WORD..... step out on the power of the WORD.....

the WOF teaching is that you don't have to seek your healing or have faith FOR your healing..... just believe JESUS..... seek JESUS the HEALER..... and then step out on HIS WORD..... so i think that is what curry was meaning..... because really JESUS is the WORD and the WORD is JESUS..... so THEY really are ONE and the same.....

WOF,
This teaching is good, because a lot of people are waiting for the Spirit's leading and we already have the guidelines from the Bible and while we are going God will direct us more clearly. Isaiah 30:21

The issue of the word vs Jesus is confusing at times. We have the word but are we missing Jesus. John 5:39,40 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. “

This is not completely accurate, HSwof. While it is true that the work Jesus did on the cross and in the resurrection is complete, meaning it does not need to be repeated and we do not have to earn anything on our own ground, scripture still says that there is a battle to be had with the devil.
Eph 6:10 Finally, let the mighty strength of the Lord make you strong. 11 Put on all the armor that God gives, so you can defend yourself against the devil's tricks. 12 We are not fighting against humans. We are fighting against forces and authorities and against rulers of darkness and powers in the spiritual world. 13 So put on all the armor that God gives. Then when that evil day comes, you will be able to defend yourself. And when the battle is over, you will still be standing firm.
We need to understand: the strength of the Lord makes us strong. We don't make ourselves strong. But we are to be strong, and for a reason.

We need to put on the armor of God. Not so that we can then sit back and be protected, but rather so that we can fight and be protected. We need to defend ourselves.

We need to understand that evil is increasing in this world. The devil if fighting to deceive people. And there is an apostacy coming (see 2 Thes 2). And Jesus has ALREADY won the war, but we have battles to fight each day, protecting ourselves with God's armor, and rebuking that squirrelly little thing -- keeping him in his place.

If you have Rick Renner's "Sparkling Gems" book, look up his comments on Eph 6:12 ... it is very good. It defines teh devils forces as an organized army: and we have been given authority over him. But we need to take up the armor and we need to fight against his lies.

Wigglesworth taught us that we do not need to fear the devil. We have authority over him. We can stop him in his tracks. As long as we put on the armor and fight the good fight of faith.

One story I like about Wigglesworth is the one where he woke up in the middle of the night and found the devil sitting on the foot of his bed. He looked at him and said, "Oh, it's only you." And he rolled over and went back to sleep.

No fear of that weasel. We've been given authority. We've been given the armor. And we've been told not to sit back and avoid battle, but rather we are to fight the enemy and keep him at bay, keep him down. He's defeated but he is still wandering this earth for a time in this age. We keep him under our feet.

ABlessedMan
Many teach about putting on the armor. Yet it is not having it on but using it that is the key. One part of the armor that is not talked of much is feet shod with the preparation of gospel of peace. If we are not sharing the gospel our armor is not very useful. A soldier that can't move well because he has no shoes is not much good. Sharing the gospel is what is lacking. And when I hear a sermon on it, its of peace. But the peace is because of the gospel not a state of mind.
Isaiah 52:7 is where the phrase comes from. “How lovely on the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who announces peace
And brings good news of happiness,
Who announces salvation,
And says to Zion, “Your God reigns!”

This is part of the offense of the battle. If one is always on defense he will never gain any ground. Sharing the gospel of salvation in love to the lost. Sharing the gospel of healing to the hurting. Sharing the love to the needy in the name of Jesus.

Regarding the fallen leaders, we are not to lift ourselves up. Or to consider ourselves as anything. We are to look to our all powerful Savior Jesus. Jeremiah 20;11 “But the LORD is with me like a dread champion;
Therefore my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.
They will be utterly ashamed, because they have failed,
With an everlasting disgrace that will not be forgotten. “

Also we can't have one foot in the world and another with Jesus. Death to ourselves and carrying our cross is a daily activity. Luke 9:23 “And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. “
Money also should not be a motive for we can't serve God and money.
Matt 6:21,24 21 “for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth. “

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
hi Scott and Bob..... i guess we kinda got onto what might be a different topic..... this warfare principles topic could really be an in-depth subject of it's own..... love both these topics though..... healing...... and efficient / effective warfare..... they are both very important to us all.....

should Bob and i start a new thread about warfare..... and ask the mods to move these last 8 posts (#19 - #27 ) to a new thread..... so that this one could remain a jg lake / curry blake thread?..... or are we still on topic.....

i started the dht 19 series course over..... took notes on #1 - #3..... going to try to get a chance to post my highlight notes from those first 3 lessons...... curry has really good nuggets in each lesson.....

I want to discuss both topics. Gleaning what I can from the 19 Blake lessons. Spiritual war is on my heart to learn more. Start another thread if you think it would be more efficient.

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
the HOLY SPIRIT indwelling us is waaaaaaaaay smarter than the devil..... so...... i will keep close with the HOLY SPIRIT..... and stay in the WORD..... and listen to good WOF teaching..... and stay in faith..... and use WORD COMMANDS as a weapon.....

my goal is to know the WORD..... use the WORD..... stay close to the HOLY SPIRIT..... and do what HE says....

Amen

Upvote 0