Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Lake family has given Curry Blake the teaching info Lake used and let him use the name "John G Lake Ministries"

Curry Blake has a powerful healing ministry with a heart for those in need of Jesus.

I don't have enough reps on this site to post links but look for John G Lake Curry Blake mp3 to listen to him.

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Does anyone here listen to:
Curry Blake (John G Lake Ministries)

He has some good healing teachings.

i took a covenant seminar for ministers taught by 2 of his staff..... it was a while ago..... what i can remember was being introduced to covenant - the powerful provision of covenant..... and CHRIST in me..... and being convinced that healing was for ALL under the NEW covenant....

and that ALL that was in the covenant comes by faith in JESUS' BLOOD..... and the FINISHED WORK of the BLOOD covenant blessings..... which i guess matches what kcm is teaching on the EDEN blessing / abrahamic BLESSING....

i think i might have the tapes around still.....

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
PreacherMike,

Yes those are the ones, I'm listening to them and they are good.

i like how he talks about the HOLY SPIRIT dwelling within.... and we should be so one.... so yielded to the HOLY SPIRIT..... that we can operate in the power of the WORD on demand..... we don't have to wait to feel it first.... we can /should just step out on the WORD knowing that the HOLY SPIRIT inside us WILL accomplish GOD'S WORD.....

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
hi scott.... don't know if you would be interested in checking out a thread in the spirit-filled / charismatic forum..... the title is..... john g lake ministries ?....

have been listening to blakes 19 set dht mp3 teachings..... some really good sounding stuff there...... agrees with WOF teachings.....

this is the link to that page..... http://www.christianforums.com/t7515273-2/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What are the main points of Curry Blake's 19 tapes?

The power of Jesus' spoken/written word. Like the energizer bunny :) it justs keeps going. The idea of Gen 1 saying let there be light. Still going into the vastness of outer space and creating light at 186,00 miles a second. The Scriptures are still in action and are creating life where belief/faith are there.

The idea that the leading of the Spirit its not required to start ministering. We can minister on the authority of the Scriptures. Now that is great. Paul went to Macadonia on the Spirits direction after he was already in motion.

I may have got this somewhere else but we learn as we go. Eph 4:15 We learn as we speak. If we just hear we don't learn 1 Cor 8:1f This goes along with the idea of works following faith.

Don't pray to Jesus to do something He has already done for us. Command the sickness/problem to go in Jesus name. Just as I write this my wife said she had a headache, I commanded it to go in Jesus name and it left in less than 5 minutes.

I'll have more to add to this I'm relistening to these lessons and I'm on lesson 10

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
hi scott.... don't know if you would be interested in checking out a thread in the spirit-filled / charismatic forum..... the title is..... john g lake ministries ?....

Thanks for the link. I read the posts and responded.

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Notes on lesson 10 & 11

Sow your power and you will receive more power.

Bless God by going out and ministering to people. As a spouse would bless her mate by making a cake or buying flowers. Don't always wait till you receive a commmand. Just as a spouse would not always wait till they had to to do something for their spouse.

You can obey God by praying for people and not get any results.
Or you can disobey God by not praying for people and of course you would not get any results for that disobedience.

It would be better to continue on in obedience, and pray for people, maybe you'll start getting results by obeying God.

Fight the fight of faith
When some sickness comes on you (or someone else) at the start go for a walk and command it off of you (or them). Usually it will go. If it doesn't then tell the enemy that you are going out and ministering to others and getting them healed and saved. The enemy will back off. Though you may have to prove yourself at first.

This idea came from the Nazis in World War 2. They had a plan that if the underground killed an officer they would take a group of people and march them into the country and kill them. Curry Blake said this system was designed by the Devil and they will understand it so he uses the same system against the enemy.

Now this fighting the fight of faith makes sense.

I like the spunk of Curry Blake

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
hi Scott.....
i listened to the 19 set series..... a lot of good points..... i was going to start over and do what you are doing...... make notes of each lesson.....

i find he is more of an inspirational preacher than point by point teacher...... so taking notes of the power points is kind of helpful.....

it's like his preaching is tidbit after tidbit...... he definitely holds your attention..... and there is a lot to be learned......

love the stuff from lester sumrall and jg lake and smith wigglesworth....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
For me to listen to all 19 tapes at once would be overwhelming. And it would all blur together.

I listened to these tapes about 2 years ago. I am listening again because of my hunger to move more in the power of God in healing.

Yes he teaches by example and not by bullit points. I find it much more interesting that way.

I give him the benifit of the doubt. I trust the Holy Spirit to show me if something is off. For example what do you think of his Nazi example of fighting the fight of faith? This is completely unorthodox. Yet it bears witness with my spirit as a good stratagy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Another point in lesson 11

You don't need faith to heal. You just need faith in Jesus and the faith to heal comes with it.

my comments 2 Cor 1:20 backs this up because it is with Jesus that the promises are active.

yeah.... he said we don't need to have faith in the WORD..... just in JESUS.... and then we ACT on the WORD with or without feelings..... i like how he said walking in the SPIRIT is NOT a feeling.... walking by the WORD is WALKING in the SPIRIT..... so he said to walk by the WORD..... step out on the power of the WORD.....

the WOF teaching is that you don't have to seek your healing or have faith FOR your healing..... just believe JESUS..... seek JESUS the HEALER..... and then step out on HIS WORD..... so i think that is what curry was meaning..... because really JESUS is the WORD and the WORD is JESUS..... so THEY really are ONE and the same.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
For me to listen to all 19 tapes at once would be overwhelming. And it would all blur together.

I listened to these tapes about 2 years ago. I am listening again because of my hunger to move more in the power of God in healing.

Yes he teaches by example and not by bullit points. I find it much more interesting that way.

I give him the benifit of the doubt. I trust the Holy Spirit to show me if something is off. For example what do you think of his Nazi example of fighting the fight of faith? This is completely unorthodox. Yet it bears witness with my spirit as a good stratagy.

his teaching style is extremely interesting..... could never accuse him of being boring....

the nazi example makes good natural sense..... ke hagin said we are to think of ourselves as an occupying force..... because JESUS already won EVERY battle for us.....

by JESUS' BLOOD the devil is TOTALLY defeated..... he HAS to bow his knee at the name of JESUS..... and the WORD of GOD spoken as a mighty weapon WILL bring him to his knees.....

the devil has limited resources..... if we are consistent in speaking GOD's WORD of POWER at every attack.... the devil will ALWAYS lose.....

i appreciate curry's BOLD militant attitude...... he says the fiercest fighters are the ones that love to fight..... smith wigglesworth told the devil to get lost in JESUS' name..... jg lake had a revelation of CHRIST in him completely killing ANY work of the devil..... and JESUS spoke the WORD to the devil's lies..... and then said DEPART..... JESUS gave commands..... and all HIS commands were obeyed..... and we now have HIS HOLY SPIRIT and HIS WORD and HIS authority......

our fight of faith is to stay in faith and not be tricked into acting beyond faith and the finished work of JESUS..... faithfully standing on the VICTORY JESUS won for us.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
i understand his BOLD militant attitude...... and i understand how he says the fiercest fighters are the ones that love to fight..... but my understanding of the WORD is that we don't need to battle him at all..... only speak the WORD..... even smith wigglesworth didn't battle the devil...... just told him to get lost in JESUS' name..... and i don't believe jg lake battled the devil either..... i think lake had a revelation of CHRIST in him immediately killed ANY work of the devil.....
This is not completely accurate, HSwof. While it is true that the work Jesus did on the cross and in the resurrection is complete, meaning it does not need to be repeated and we do not have to earn anything on our own ground, scripture still says that there is a battle to be had with the devil.
Eph 6:10 Finally, let the mighty strength of the Lord make you strong. 11 Put on all the armor that God gives, so you can defend yourself against the devil's tricks. 12 We are not fighting against humans. We are fighting against forces and authorities and against rulers of darkness and powers in the spiritual world. 13 So put on all the armor that God gives. Then when that evil day comes, you will be able to defend yourself. And when the battle is over, you will still be standing firm.
We need to understand: the strength of the Lord makes us strong. We don't make ourselves strong. But we are to be strong, and for a reason.

We need to put on the armor of God. Not so that we can then sit back and be protected, but rather so that we can fight and be protected. We need to defend ourselves.

We need to understand that evil is increasing in this world. The devil if fighting to deceive people. And there is an apostacy coming (see 2 Thes 2). And Jesus has ALREADY won the war, but we have battles to fight each day, protecting ourselves with God's armor, and rebuking that squirrelly little thing -- keeping him in his place.

If you have Rick Renner's "Sparkling Gems" book, look up his comments on Eph 6:12 ... it is very good. It defines teh devils forces as an organized army: and we have been given authority over him. But we need to take up the armor and we need to fight against his lies.

Wigglesworth taught us that we do not need to fear the devil. We have authority over him. We can stop him in his tracks. As long as we put on the armor and fight the good fight of faith.

One story I like about Wigglesworth is the one where he woke up in the middle of the night and found the devil sitting on the foot of his bed. He looked at him and said, "Oh, it's only you." And he rolled over and went back to sleep.

No fear of that weasel. We've been given authority. We've been given the armor. And we've been told not to sit back and avoid battle, but rather we are to fight the enemy and keep him at bay, keep him down. He's defeated but he is still wandering this earth for a time in this age. We keep him under our feet.

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
yeah.... he said we don't need to have faith in the WORD..... just in JESUS.... and then we ACT on the WORD with or without feelings..... i like how he said walking in the SPIRIT is NOT a feeling.... walking by the WORD is WALKING in the SPIRIT..... so he said to walk by the WORD..... step out on the power of the WORD.....

the WOF teaching is that you don't have to seek your healing or have faith FOR your healing..... just believe JESUS..... seek JESUS the HEALER..... and then step out on HIS WORD..... so i think that is what curry was meaning..... because really JESUS is the WORD and the WORD is JESUS..... so THEY really are ONE and the same.....
Amen and amen!!

Upvote 0