Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
discrepancies in John and Matthew, or more likely in anyone else. ( especially those who are without fear to claim there are differences in John and Matthew)

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
I Have looked a this myself a very long time ago and there are no differences in john, Matt, Luke and mark to me. I found they complement one another.

I should lave written this instead to be clearer, being francophone, sometimes I do not choose my words well.

Peace

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The serpent/devil/satan, is the same, who DECEIVES THE WHOLE WORLD, and who had power, but no longer has any.

Jesus also destroyed the devil who had the power over death, he has a short time but is finished.

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Acts 26:18 Someone who is in darkness is the same as saying someone who is led by the flesh “ the works of the flesh are these….”
And some in the light is led by the Spirit. “The works of the Spirit are these…..”

Hebrews 2:14 says that the devil was destoyed by Jesus” death, because Jesus was of the same blood and FLESH as everyone. But he overcame the desires of the flesh and was not led by it. Therefore the devil was destroyed which resides in the flesh of everyone by the death of the flesh of Jesus.

Revelation 12:9 is speaking of the AntiChrist, man of sin.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
fine, but this forum is using subtill methods to try to say there are contradiction, and discrepancy is a long way away from compliment.

We are told that we will give account for every word we spoke, how much extra account does anyone have to give, by being on this forum, that loves to add up vain discussion non stop.

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They believed in him on Palm Sunday and followed him as long as he was handing out fish and loaves and healing people
The fish and bread they were interested in, but not in other people being healed.
” even though he did many miracles among them they believed not” because God had given them blindness and deafness.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
the O.P poster has a legitimate question that needed to be answered, No questions are bad however i agree that many threads quickly go off track with vain remarks.

and for differences it is known that the bible contains some errors here and there, also the bible have changed through time, some books were added some removed. IMO it is important to read the most accurate version, In your opinion what version of the bible is closest to the original text?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fish and bread they were interested in, but not in other people being healed.
” even though he did many miracles among them they believed not” because God had given the blindness and deafnes.
They believed not in his hometown

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the O.P poster has a legitimate question that needed to be answered, No questions are bad however i agree that many threads quickly go off track with vain remarks.

and for differences it is known that the bible contains some errors here and there, also the bible have changed through time, some books were added some removed. IMO it is important to read the most accurate version, In your opinion what version of the bible is closest to the original text?
I like the NASB, the NKJV and the NET. I have the full notes.version of the NET and it’s very helpful.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

there is no legitimate question, there is answers in faith, or no faith.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
sure, but there are no errors in the bible, only in people. ( is testified)

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
what version of the bible yo you use, I am using KJV, is there a better one in English that i should be using?

Thanks,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I like the NASB, the NKJV and the NET. I have the full notes.version of the NET and it’s very helpful.
thank you for answering, I will look at those you mentioned, I find the English KJV a bit hard at times.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
try this version...

Psalm 62:4 They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.
Are you always so hostile, suspicious, did not Jesus ask us to love one another?

Peace

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan/devil goes inside people, a lying spirit/liar from the beginning, keep trying to answer, you ill come to your end soon enough.

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

1 Kings 22:21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him.
22 And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
23 Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

the spirit satan resists God, not the flesh, get your logic in order.

Zechariah 3:2 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

the man of sin is after satan, and is a spirit in man.

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
It’s interesting that the serpent is thought of nothing but another beast of the field that spent the remainder of his days licking dust.

What’s also interesting is that he is never spoken of again as being something that was influencing the people to be disobedient.

When Cain killed Abel it was because Cain was angry because God accepted Abel’s gift over Cain’s.

When the people who were upset because they believed God favored Job, God allowed Job to suffer many things. The people who believed Job was favored are called The Satan. Or the adversary of Job.

The flesh wars against the Spirit, and the Spirit the flesh.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thank you for answering, I will look at those you mentioned, I find the English KJV a bit hard at times.

Blessings.
You can read the NET for free on their website.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you always so hostile, suspicious, did not Jesus ask us to love one another?

Peace
Proverbs 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s interesting that the serpent is thought of nothing but another beast of the field that spent the remainder of his days licking dust.

What’s also interesting is that he is never spoken of again as being something that was influencing the people to be disobedient.

When Cain killed Abel it was because Cain was angry because God accepted Abel’s gift over Cain’s.

When the people who were upset because they believed God favored Job, God allowed Job to suffer many things. The people who believed Job was favored are called The Satan. Or the adversary of Job.

The flesh wars against the Spirit, and the Spirit the flesh.
The serpent lied from the beginning, and that lying spirit entered the prophets to be a lying spirit in all of them.

Cain was also of the wicked one, and it is a wicked one, and it is a spirit, and it is a lying spirit.

The devil goes out like Gods spirit through all the earth...

2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

Job 1:7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

The spirit of error is against the spirit of truth, you wont show satan is man, satan is satan.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Proverbs 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
O.K. I will Surely Rebuke you when you err from scripture, that should not be too long.

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the devil is our only adversary, it is spiritu.al wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
The high places are the mountains and hills. Those in rule over the valleys (the poor). Their spiritual wickedness is opposed to spiritual goodness.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In John 1 Jesus is baptized by John the Baptist. In John 2 however, it shows Jesus attending the wedding at Galilie with his followers apparently. where he makes all that wine form water. He also says that His time has not yet come in response to His mother, but apparently he had some disciples with Him already, meaning His ministry was underway. But in Matthew 4 after Jesus was baptized it says He went into the wilderness to be tempted 40 days before commencing His ministry. So which is it? Where did Jesus go after being baptized by John the Baptist?

Seeing things like this is really starting to scare me.
were your opening post answers O.K.? is your understanding any better? if you have more questions let me know.

• Friendly
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
flesh and blood or spirit, we have a choice which to believe, you claim all is flesh you are exposed for trying to cover up that our enemy is the spirit devil.
The Spirit which Paul speaks of is the Spirit of God. If one walks
in the Spirit of truth he will not fulfill the deeds of the flesh.
If one walks in the spirit of lies, it’s because he doesn’t know the truth or doesn’t believe it.

Upvote 0