Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Show me a case where a woman was elected to national office over a more qualified candidate because of her gender.

Never to my knowledge yet, thank God, as we haven't quite devolved that far as a nation yet. It's not that these new 4th wave feminists aren't trying, we got told that Hillary's qualifications for office was her vagina, and that because we also have a vagina we should vote for her, and if we didn't vote for her it was because we were obviously either too dumb and were under the thumb of our husbands (lol), too degenerate, traitors to our gender or just plain misogynistic...

Lol... yeah. Not.

but it does certainly suggest it,

Since women being in the workforce in large part is relatively new, all it suggests is that there's not a lot of women who have made the necessary career moves to gain political office yet... such things takes a few decades.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The only qualifications for the President of the United States are to be 35 years old and a native borne citizen. I may not approve of the obvious pandering that Biden is doing about his pick, but it is his pick to make. I wasn’t very thrilled about who John McCain picked or who the Republicans decided to run in 2016 either.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The only qualifications for the President of the United States are to be 35 years old and a native borne citizen. I may not approve of the obvious pandering that Biden is doing about his pick, but it is his pick to make. I wasn’t very thrilled about who John McCain picked or who the Republicans decided to run in 2016 either.
Campaign pandering is what the office of vice president exists for.

Well, that and foreign head of state funerals.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Never to my knowledge yet, thank God, as we haven't quite devolved that far as a nation yet. It's not that these new 4th wave feminists aren't trying, we got told that Hillary's qualifications for office was her vagina, and that because we also have a vagina we should vote for her, and if we didn't vote for her it was because we were obviously either too dumb and were under the thumb of our husbands (lol), too degenerate, traitors to our gender or just plain misogynistic...

Lol... yeah. Not.
And I - a person without a vagina - believe she was fully qualified for the job on her own merits. Seriously, she served as a senator and a secretary of state and had been involved in politics for 20-30 years. You may not have liked her, but she was absolutely qualified for the position. It's a shame that some people thought it necessary to emphasize her gender, but the fact that they did doesn't change her qualifications.

Since women being in the workforce is relatively new (as family used to be important to women and feminists didn't try and force us all into the workforce until the 70's and weren't fully successful until the 2000's) all it suggests is that there's not a lot of women who have made the necessary career moves to gain political office yet... such things takes a few decades.
Is it any newer than in countries like Britain, Germany, India, Bangladesh, Liberia, Switzerland, Malta, or Taiwan? That's just a small sampling of countries with current or former female leaders.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And I - a person without a vagina - believe she was fully qualified for the job on her own merits. Seriously, she served as a senator and a secretary of state

Serving and doing a good job at it are two different things. With her you got a failure at everything she touched and a name built on her husband...

The only thing she was good at was scamming... and I just can't stop seeing her as white trash. She was white trash when she robbed the white house when her husband was out and she never rose above it.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Serving and doing a good job at it are two different things. With her you got a failure at everything she touched and a name built on her husband...
It might help if you did some actual research on the subject.

https://www.history.com/topics/first-ladies/hillary-rodham-clinton

She certainly made some mistakes over the course of her career, but she's hardly been "a failure at everything she's touched," and she built a name for herself long before her husband did.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist
If he could find one of those black women to be a lesbian in a wheelchair too I'd bet he'd get bonus points...

Haha.

Nothing like the color of ones skin and having a vagina to determine whether you get picked as VP running mate. Those are some real qualifications there!

Hahaha

Remember the good old days when we knew for sure it would be a white person with a penis? Gosh, I sure do. Those were the days...

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's not a news, that's an olds, see this page from April:
Biden jokes he's picking Julia Louis-Dreyfus as running mate
But in PC terms, she is rather optimal: Jewish name (and Grandfather), black, female, well-known - and she already has served as Vice-President (compare Zelensky in Ukraine ...).:D
Must have been a rerun then but that doesn't change the fact of his statement that she would be his running mate.
:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Must have been a rerun then but that doesn't change the fact of his statement that she would be his running mate.
:oldthumbsup:

While I'm guessing this is a Poe (or sarcastic), in case it isn't: I find it odd that Biden goes on a late night talk show and obviously jokes about who his VP pick will be, and some take it seriously; while Trump, who has claimed he never jokes, makes comments in a press conference or in a rally which many Americans find inappropriate, only to have Trump's supporters assure us Trump was only joking.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We simply haven't found the right woman most can agree upon, but that doesn't mean there's some bar to having a female president here.

So the last 250ish years there just wasn`t woman most agreed on ? Well, sure, but what is the reason not a single woman has historically got to high enough position in US to have that influence to win Presidential race ?

Surely you do not think it is just chance or bad luck ?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
One woman I would vote for is Condoleezza Rice. She is special and full of Wisdom, diplomacy and a whole lot of attributes. Hope some of you take the time to Read and or Watch her speak on Face the Nation a few weeks ago. I never paid her much mind before then. I will write her in if she isn't Biden's running mate. I think we are prime for a woman Pres. with what is offered right now. Women up til now, are not seen as viable candidates. Its a sad fact.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist
This thread sure speaks a lot on the female and male anatomy. A little too much for me.:angel: Bye

The days when we didn't consider private parts important are past*. Private parts and skin melanin*, really far more important when considering qualifications for presidency than we previously knew.

*Because there could be only one type.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't have a problem with this if Biden hadn't been so overt about it. Even if it's the absolute worst-kept secret in the world that he'd pick a woman, and likely an ethnic minority, being so upfront about it just makes it look so horribly politically correct that it's going to turn voters off.
It will only turn off voters that aren't going to vote for him, anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister in the U.K. in the 80's who was excellent at her job.

Just because we haven't yet had a female president in the U.S. doesn't mean there's any particular bar to having one... Tulsi Gabbard would have gotten excellent following 15 years ago in her bid for presidency, its just that now she's just not nutty enough for her party... (which is weird because she's pretty far left).

We simply haven't found the right woman most can agree upon, but that doesn't mean there's some bar to having a female president here.
Speaking of nutty women, whatever happened to Sarah Palin? Tulsi would be fine, but both major parties are still mostly dominated by OWP (Old White People). Hopefully, that will change after this election and younger people will support candidates with linger shelf lives.

Upvote 0