Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said Monday he was considering four Black women to be his running mate, and has been receiving extensive vetting briefings about each potential candidate.

"I am not committed to naming any (of the potential candidates), but the people I've named, and among them there are four Black women," Biden told MSNBC's Joy Reid on "The ReidOut."

Biden says he is considering four Black women to be his running mate - CNNPolitics

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟997,851.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said Monday he was considering four Black women to be his running mate, and has been receiving extensive vetting briefings about each potential candidate.

"I am not committed to naming any (of the potential candidates), but the people I've named, and among them there are four Black women," Biden told MSNBC's Joy Reid on "The ReidOut."

Biden says he is considering four Black women to be his running mate - CNNPolitics

I'm still disgusted at how he has gone so far out of his way to be politically correct and exclude roughly 50% of the population based strictly on biological sex. As I've said elsewhere on here, if he had done his due diligence and ultimately decided that having a woman as his VP choice was the best way to balance his ticket, then I would be okay with it. But he has been far too blatant about it for too long for my taste.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

And when he is told which one to select he will let us know

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

How does that make you feel?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟340,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He said on the late late show last night that he has chosen Julie Louise Dreyfus from the show VIP as his running mate. It kills me when people choose actors that play a role that they feel suits them because they act as one. Kinda like Swartenegger, sp. HA! or who was that actor that played a president and everyone decided he should really run for the presidency. I MEAN?????? Who would a thunk? Many more than you would think.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If he could find one of those black women to be a lesbian in a wheelchair too I'd bet he'd get bonus points...

Haha.

Nothing like the color of ones skin and having a vagina to determine whether you get picked as VP running mate. Those are some real qualifications there!

Hahaha

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟317,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If he could find one of those black women to be a lesbian in a wheelchair too I'd bet he'd get bonus points...

Haha.

Nothing like the color of ones skin and having a vagina to determine whether you get picked as VP running mate. Those are some real qualifications there!

Hahaha
I dislike the fact that he's publicly stating that race and gender are factors that he's using to select his VP candidate for precisely this reason. I have no doubt that whoever he chooses will be qualified for the job along with being black and female, but there will always be a subset of the population that will question that because he explicitly stated that he was going to select a black woman as his running mate.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I dislike the fact that he's publicly stating that race and gender are factors that he's using to select his VP candidate for precisely this reason. I have no doubt that whoever he chooses will be qualified for the job along with being black and female, but there will always be a subset of the population that will question that because he explicitly stated that he was going to select a black woman as his running mate.

Seriously? You have no doubt that whoever he chooses will be qualified?

When the criteria is race and gender, yes I have every doubt there are no other standards.

I mean seriously..... if ANY qualification mattered then race and sex wouldn't even have to be part of the vetting process, he would simply be talking about the person most qualified.

This is nothing but a joke.

Identity politics at its finest..... you can have an IQ of 5 and make it into a democratic ticket these days. A lobotomy? No issues you just need to have the right skin color...

I'll never vote for another democrat candidate so long as I live!

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟317,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Seriously? You have no doubt that whoever he chooses will be qualified?

When the criteria is race and gender, yes I have every doubt there are no other standards.
Because it's unfathomable to you that there might exist a black woman who is qualified for the position? There are hundreds, if not thousands (or more, really) of individuals in this country who could be considered qualified on the traditional merits for the position of Vice President. Is it so much of a stretch to think that there might be four black women on that list?

Identity politics at its finest
It is - as I said, that's why I don't like the fact that he's explicitly stating it. The fact is that a VP candidate's identity - race, gender, background, etc - is a huge part of why they are selected. You can't tell me, honestly, with a straight face, that Sarah Palin was the absolute best VP candidate that McCain could have chosen in 2008 based on experience and skills alone, can you? No, she was chosen for her political views, her age, and her gender. She was also qualified enough - she was a governor - but there were plenty of people out there who could have done a better job. The only difference between McCain and Biden in this situation is that Biden is explicitly stating that he's considering those factors as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Biden unwittingly marginalized whoever he picks. There will always be that question on whether she was the best candidate, or just the best black female candidate.

With that said, every VP candidate is chosen based on how many votes he or she can potentially bring to the table.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
it's unfathomable to you that there might exist a black woman who is qualified for the position? T

It's unfathomable to me that the democratic party could make the claim that the only people who could possibly possess the right qualifications are black females (a group consisting of less than 7% of the U.S. population) while in the same breath declaring they are neither racist nor employing the use of discrimination...

It's a joke at best, a crime most definitely.

This, is the poster child for all that the right claims is wrong with the left.

I am a member of the 93%! (Obviously too dumb to think for myself).

Next up, reeducation camps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟317,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's unfathomable to me that the democratic party could make the claim that the only people who could possibly possess the right qualifications are black females
I don't believe anyone has made that claim besides you.

Next up, whites for concentration camps, or reeducation if you prefer..
Talk about wild leaps of logic...

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe anyone has made that claim besides you.

Talk about wild leaps of logic...

I am a member of the 93%! Just too dumb to think for myself. I have the wrong skin color, God knows my melanin levels affect my intelligence!

You people take the gold metal in being the biggest racists on the planet!

If was just black enough, I might be considered worth something...

Hahaha

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟71,159.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's unfathomable to me that the democratic party could make the claim that the only people who could possibly possess the right qualifications are black females (a group consisting of less than 7% of the U.S. population)
Whites and men are already represented by Biden, so it is not unfair to have a female non-white as VP.

If both mates are white men, this would be far more discriminating than a "mixed couple"..

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟317,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am a member of the 93%! Just too dumb to think for myself. I have the wrong skin color, God knows my melanin levels affect my intelligence!

If was just black enough, I might be considered worth something...
If that's what you think, fine. But I disagree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The Title made it sound like he was running with four Black women. That woould be pretty progressive....:ebil:

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm still disgusted at how he has gone so far out of his way to be politically correct and exclude roughly 50% of the population based strictly on biological sex. As I've said elsewhere on here, if he had done his due diligence and ultimately decided that having a woman as his VP choice was the best way to balance his ticket, then I would be okay with it. But he has been far too blatant about it for too long for my taste.

....and he excluded Canadians...how dare he ^_^

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In politics, due diligence includes the landscape of gender, race, and other demographics. So the fake outrage is transparently silly. Every Presidential nominee does the same thing. Mike Pence wasn't chosen because he is a nuclear surgeon. He checked off all the boxes and knows how to say, "Yes, Mr. President" and shut up otherwise.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
In politics, due diligence includes the landscape of gender, race, and other demographics. So the fake outrage is transparently silly. Every Presidential nominee does the same thing. Mike Pence wasn't chosen because he is a nuclear surgeon. He checked off all the boxes and knows how to say, "Yes, Mr. President" and shut up otherwise.
Is that why Biden is only looking at female candidates?

Upvote 0