Joe Biden’s Office Allegedly Helped Coordinate Hunter Biden’s China Trips During Vice Presidency, Emails Show

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I would say selling the influence of a sitting VP or President is already illegal but then I am not a lawyer like some on this forum.
If Joe was doing it while in office, then yes. Hunter namedropping his dad for Hunter's own benefit doesn't count as influence peddling for his dad.

I believe money laundering is already illegal as well. Multiple shell companies with no discernible business purpose millions paid to a crack addict who has no skills or training in the field for which he is being paid?
Yes, money laundering is illegal. But vague innuendo doesn't count as evidence.
If some are convinced all is on the up and up here they probable would need a signed written confession and a video confession from Joe himself to be convinced. Not sure some would be convinced even then.
I'm never going to be convinced either way, because I don't do convinced. My brain doesn't work that way. Hunter's unethical shenanigans don't automatically incriminate Joe. I don't have a good opinion of Joe. He could very well be a crook, but I do want to see some hard evidence of wrongdoing before we start convicting him, and all you've got so far is innuendo. If there was any hard evidence, the impeachment proceedings would already be well underway.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
The 10% that was mentioned in the email to Tony Bobulinski for the "Big Guy" has been found. If you follow the $400,000 Chinese money, $40,000 ended up in a check going to Joe. That's ten percent. This was approximately two weeks after Hunter was in that shake-down phone conversation indicating Joe was sitting next to him. By pretending checks are loan repayments and not income, taxes can be evaded. And there were a lot of supposed loan or loan repayments (as indicated on the checks) going back and forth among the Bidens. There is no interest indicated for these "loans." It looks bad for the Bidens, but before filing impeachment charges against Joe for bribery, money laundering, and tax evasion, the committee will subpoena the Bidens and give them every chance to show that these were all legitimate loans. I presume they will ask what the terms were, records for the actual loans, and why no interest on the loans? The 40 plus whistleblower complaints against the Bidens were all termed foreign misinformation or disinformation at some level, investigations at lower levels were stopped. If the Bidens don't come up with 'loan" records, not just the Bidens, but many high ranking officials, will take a hit. The FBI could have found all of this out with minimal pursuit, just be looking at the bank records of the Bidens. There are no holes that I see, it appears to be old fashioned money laundering.
Since the business venture pertaining to the "the Big Guy 10%" suspect email regarding a business started after Biden left office as VP made no money; then last time I checked ten percent of zero is still zero.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Then-Vice President Joe Biden’s office appeared to offer assistance to Hunter Biden with coordinating his business trips to China, newly released emails show.

Donald Cloud, an advisor to then-VP Biden, reached out to Hunter Biden’s assistant, Katie Dodge, and suggested she communicate with the U.S. Embassy in Beijing to connect with then-U.S. Ambassador to China Max Baucus about Hunter Biden’s travels to China, according to emails released on Oct. 26 by the America First Legal Foundation (AFL).

“I am currently arranging a meeting with the new US Ambassador to China Max Baucus for late April / early May to meet our leadership team in Beijing,” Hunter Biden’s former business associate Devon Archer wrote in an April 2014 email to Chinese business associate Jonathan Li. Hunter Biden and other Chinese business associates were put on Archer’s email thread.

I’m not surprised. I never trusted Biden.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m not surprised. I never trusted Biden.
It would be prudent for the son of the vice president to coordinate with the American embassy when traveling to China. Sounds like a non-story to me.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Records obtained through the Committee’s subpoenas to date reveal that the Bidens and their associates have received over $20 million in payments from foreign entities. ...
1) Romania: The total amount from Romania to the Biden family and their associates is over $3 million.
2) China-.State Energy HK Limited, a Chinese company, wired $3 million to a Biden associate’s account. ... the Biden associate ... Biden family received approximately ... CEFC Chairman gives Hunter Biden ... to the Bidens of $100,000 and $5 million. The total amount from China, specifically with CEFC and their related entities, to the Biden family and their associates is over $8 million.
4) Kazakhstan: .... Hunter Biden’s Rosemont Seneca entities $142,300. ... Rosemont Seneca entity transferred the exact same amount of money to a car dealership for a car for Hunter Biden. Hunter Biden and Devon Archer...
5) Ukraine: ...The total amount from Ukraine to the Biden family and their associates is $6.5 million.
6) Russia: .... The total amount from Russia to the Biden family and their associates is $3.5 million.

Gosh, "Bidens", "family" and "associates" and are doing a lot of work here. Guilt by association anyone?

None of the above transactions appear to be illegal, or corrupt, in any form. (Grubby, certainly)
None of the above transactions appear to involve Joseph Biden.
None of the above transactions appear to involve Joseph Biden in an official role.
None of the above transactions appear to involve Joseph Biden during his time as president.

You can argue that Hunter's "access" peddling with various autocracies/corrupt regimes is unseemly and dirty. But, nothing appears to have crossed over the line into illegality (although Hunter's personal like does appear to have crossed that line) or corruption. Although maybe Hunter could be prosecuted over FARA violations.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It would be prudent for the son of the vice president to coordinate with the American embassy when traveling to China. Sounds like a non-story to me.
The failure to coordinate is a non-story, taking money from the Chinese,and filtering it through shell companies in order to avoid paying taxes is the crime and the big story.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The failure to coordinate is a non-story, taking money from the Chinese,and filtering it through shell companies in order to avoid paying taxes is the crime and the big story.
It's not news to me. People have been using shell companies to hide their money for a long time (see the Panama Papers).

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s only your opinion.
One would think that after all this investigation and claims of evidence they would have a solid case by now. It benefits more for Republicans to string all this along and hopefully sway public opinion with the appearance of crimes rather than actually prove anything. Which tells me their evidence proves nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Receiving money from Hunter from China. Yea I guess those widgets Hunter is manufacturing are really beneficial to the Chinese people!
Ah yes, the old "Hunter's not a real business guy like Donald" who's business is (checks notes) putting his name on buildings.
Well just a little. Does it really matter what service Hunter provided to an enemy state that eventually put money in Joe's pocket?
All you need now is evidence that actually happened. It would be a nice bonus to know why it happened.
We recently learned reoccuring payments to the big Guy from China through Hunter. Of course all is legit no there there.
That literally never happened.
James Gillar, who actually wrote the email in question, says Joe Biden isn't the big guy.
I'm sure you think the CCP giving Donald $17 million while he was in office and Xi gifting him with 140 Chinese trademarks while he was ostensibly in Beijing for a diplomatic visit is all hunky dory.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This kind of attitude is why we are here.
Nah. This thread only exists because the right considers the politics of personal destruction to be the most effective path to power.
Ok, then they must then be a close ally.
Or you could stop with the straw man snark and realize that international relations are a not bipolar and exist on a spectrum.
Nothing normal about this situation. Business usually involves a product or legitimate service. What was Hunters service , product or expertise?
Hunter is a Yale Law graduate who had worked for MBNA and been on the board of Amtrak (appointed by Bush 43) and been involved in international business consulting for before these supposedly nefarious events took place.
Well now you are right about the name dropping but what did they get in return for that name?
According to Devon Archer? The illusion of access.
Something like oh you are Joe's son here is a few million because the Chinese really like that name.
We'd all take you a lot more seriously if you could find a way to control the snarky straw man responses.
This whole affair stinks and way too many just hold their nose, look the other way.
Getting your viewpoints from the Conservisphere will do that to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nah. This thread only exists because the right considers the politics of personal destruction to be the most effective path to power.

Or you could stop with the straw man snark and realize that international relations are a no bipolar and exist on a spectrum.

Hunter is a Yale Law graduate who had worked for MBNA and been on the board of Amtrak (appointed by Bush 43) and been involved in international business consulting for before these supposedly nefarious events took place.

We'd all take you a lot more seriously if you could find a way to control the snarky straw man responses.

A long time ago, say 20-30 years ago, the left and right literally shook hands. Now both parties have become farther from the center. Both the left and right have been influenced by powerful people, such as lobbyists and billionaires. Luckily, there are centrist groups such as Democrats for Life of America (DFLA), which support pro-life concepts and are against abortion, euthanasia and capital punishment. Other centrist groups include the Conservative Energy Network, a group of republicans who support green energy to reduce US dependency on foreign oil.

But the whole point is, some Republicans (under the influence of Trump and lobbyists) would use personal destruction as their most effective path to power, while some Democrats use shaming (under the influence of lobbyists and politicians as well) as their most effective path to power. Both parties were less like this a few decades ago, but is has only gotten worse. The Italian dictator Mussolini indoctrinated people and used personal destruction tactics to get people to follow him, and became the fascist leader of Italy during the 1920s. We must learn from history, before repeating the same mistake.

PBS on Mussolini: Benito Mussolini | The Dictator's Playbook

1702045183639.jpeg

This is Bush (R) and Al Gore (D) shaking hands during the early 2000s (photographer: Gary Hershorn).
1702044816288.jpeg

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And Devon Archer who was in evolved in this whole affair is the one to believe when facts point to a different direction.

Getting your views from the "Liberalsphere" will absolutely leave the wrong impression of just about everything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pot calling the kettle black. IMO

Or you could stop with the straw man snark and realize that international relations are a not bipolar and exist on a spectrum.
I don't have a (forum allowable) comment for those that believe Hunter was engaged in legitimate "international relations".

Fine upstanding young man just working hard to make a living!

Not concerned about who takes me seriously on a thread such as this. Facts are facts all should take those seriously.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I don't have a (forum allowable) comment for those that believe Hunter was engaged in legitimate "international relations".
Don't go to a silly extreme. We're all quite familiar with Hunter's bad behavior by now. It's the influence peddling connection with Joe that you haven't established.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't go to a silly extreme. We're all quite familiar with Hunter's bad behavior by now. It's the influence peddling connection with Joe that you haven't established.
Did you watch the IRS whistleblower testimony? If you did and do not see how the investigation into the connections between Hunter and his father were hampered by the powers that be you either ignored testimony or believe they are the liars.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And Devon Archer who was in evolved in this whole affair is the one to believe when facts point to a different direction.
Hmm, interesting. Back when he was about to testify the right was claiming he was going to held them finally get the goods on Hunter. I can literally find threads about it if you like. Now, because he verified that Joe Biden didn't have anything to do with Hunter's business, he's suspect? I wish y'all would make up your minds.
Getting your views from the "Liberalsphere"
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but in this case it's a lame version of "No you are!". There is no "Liberalsphere". The conservisphere is very much a thing.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Pot calling the kettle black. IMO
This thread is literally about the right wing trying to destroy Hunter because he had the temerity to be the son of the guy who had the temerity to beat Donald in an election.
Good thing no one claimed Hunter was engaged in international relations legitimate or otherwise. You might want to read back.
Fine upstanding young man just working hard to make a living!
I get it. You have no substantive response my listing his credentials so you post a snarky retort.
Not concerned about who takes me seriously on a thread such as this. Facts are facts all should take those seriously.
Do you know what a straw man is? Because you're posting a lot of them. If you were interested in facts, you wouldn't be.

Upvote 0