✟86,014.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Jesus was tempted in Matthew 4:
1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Hebrews 4:
15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin.

Moreover, Jesus was tempted in a way that no human could be tempted, Matthew 4:
3 And the tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread.”

The devil tempted the Son of God to perform a miracle. But then, James 1:
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.

Is there a contradiction?

No. The devil can tempt the Son of God, Jesus in the flesh, while he walked on earth but the devil cannot tempt God the Father.

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ without father, without mother, made HIGHER THAN THE HEAVENS, cannot be tempted like those with mother and father, that high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners...

Hebrews 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

Hebrews 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HEBREWS 4:15
KJ21
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
We have a big bible for a reason, as there is a lot to understand together.

Jesus Christ is Different to the other high priests, who offered up sacrifice first for their own temptations and sins, and then for the temptations of all the people and their sins also.

Our High Priest of our profession offered up Himself, which shows God cannot be tempted with evil.

Consider as we are told to do, how Christ is over HIs own house, ( that is why we no longer know Him according to the flesh with Mary as HIs mother.)
2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

If we hold fast ( enduring temptation as Jesus shows/overcoming this world/cannot be tempted with evil.) our confidence until the end, we are the house of Christ the same way then, to not harden those hearts, when those in the wilderness tempted God, in the DAY OF TEMPTATION, they erred in their hearts, and God swears they DO NOT ENTER INTO HIS REST, and for all now to TAKE HEED, so there is not AN EVI HEART OF UNBELIEF, to not be HARDENED THROUGH THE DECEITFULNESS OF SIN. ( God cannot be tempted with evil, men are tempted when drawn away of lust, sinning and death through unbelief.)

Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Hebrews 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Upvote 0