Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Based on responses sometimes,, it seems some view believers as "untouchable" by the enemy. Wondering why?

Jesus was tempted while on earth (Matt 4:1-11)
"Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him."

"Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil." Eph 4

Eph 6 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that we may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be
able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"

What am I missing?

Last edited:

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...and yet, our enemy is defeated, and greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. How can it be both? I don't know, but it is.

I have a friend who is downright angry at how hard life has gotten, but I know that God has great things for her. I wish I could hug her until she sees that, but it doesn't work like that. She needs to let God be her refuge and that healing love. We're both in the valley of tears, while fighting a defeated foe, and in the care of the infinite Father. I definitely don't understand all of that, but I know that God is still the answer.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I certainly don't see believers as being untouchable, but the church is full of nonsense and popular theology nowadays. What I would say is that our adversary has only so much power over us as we allow him to have. Self control is not a thing in common supply it seems. Our enemy knows our individual weaknesses and attempts to exploit those as often as can be. Thinking along the lines of Psalms 1 and 91, those who stay grounded in the Word of God and in His presence will overcome those. 1 John 4:4 of course as mentioned by Jim.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...and yet, our enemy is defeated, and greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. How can it be both? I don't know, but it is.

I have a friend who is downright angry at how hard life has gotten, but I know that God has great things for her. I wish I could hug her until she sees that, but it doesn't work like that. She needs to let God be her refuge and that healing love. We're both in the valley of tears, while fighting a defeated foe, and in the care of the infinite Father. I definitely don't understand all of that, but I know that God is still the answer.
Funny thing is she's praying what I said to her on Sunday for me, and so is my pastor. He says it's only fair, but I don't think it's fair at all. There should be a no boomering clause in anything I say to people I love. They don't see it like that.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Based on responses sometimes,, it seems some view believers as "untouchable" by the enemy. Wondering why? ....

What am I missing?
I don't believe you are missing anything. :blush:
Some persons' theology is just wrong ...

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is the stance of the believer in this age:

1 Peter 5:8 KJV
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
James 4:7 KJV
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Ephesians 6:12 KJV
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Based on responses sometimes,, it seems some view believers as "untouchable" by the enemy. Wondering why?

Jesus was tempted while on earth (Matt 4:1-11)
"Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him."

"Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil." Eph 4

Eph 6 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that we may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be
able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"

What am I missing?
"In the world you will have tribulation". It is the doorway to the Kingdom of God. We are at war. Satan is relentless, we must be just as determined to resist him. The Christian life is not automatic. We have to choose. We fight because we have the victory, not to get it.

Upvote 0