Did Satan tempt Jesus on day 40 in the wilderness?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,638.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 4:

2 And after He had fasted for forty days and forty nights, He then became hungry. 3 And the tempter came and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”
Did Satan first come to Messiah on day 40?

There is a parallel account in (NIV) Luke 4:

1 Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry.
3 The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”
Satan had been tempting Jesus all along for 40 days. Only the final three temptations were recorded in detail.

Froze

Mar 8, 2017
USA
✟16,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus was tempted the entire 40 days, but it could be that the most serious of the temptations, probably the 3 mentioned, came at the end since Jesus was at His weakest point and desiring food in the worst sort of way, and satan thought He would do anything to have some food. The other temptations were not mentioned for reasons unknown, but they could have loneliness, fear of the dark, animals, criminal activity, no fire to stay warm, etc. I don't believe Jesus had fear, but satan may have done things to try to inject fear into Him through various methods.

By the way, you probably noticed I don't capitalize the s in satan, I do that because I don't believe he deserves the credit, he's not worthy of that recognition.

Upvote 0