Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Meaning the word tsutsunda itself evokes a negative situation and not a covering.

Oh, you mean the verb 障んだ on the website you posted? Yes, that does seem to be a different verb with the same pronunciation, in that 障 can apparently also be pronounced "tsutsu." However, I can't find that on other websites. It seems to be a much rarer verb.

Nevertheless, the music video of the song gives us 包んだ (at time 1:12), so we know that 障んだ is not what's intended. And this music video is from the person who translated the song into Japanese, so we can trust it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh, you mean the verb 障んだ on the website you posted? Yes, that does seem to be a different verb with the same pronunciation, in that 障 can apparently also be pronounced "tsutsu." However, I can't find that on other websites. It seems to be a much rarer verb.

Nevertheless, the music video of the song gives us 包んだ (at time 1:12), so we know that 障んだ is not what's intended. And this music video is from the person who translated the song into Japanese, so we can trust it.

What do you like about Japanese?

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you like about Japanese?

I don't know that "like" is the right word. It's an interesting language, because it combines almost every different kind of difficulty. When I was in Japan, I was just glad that people spoke English.

...and that you could point at plastic food in the windows of restaurants instead of trying to order.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know that "like" is the right word. It's an interesting language, because it combines almost every different kind of difficulty. When I was in Japan, I was just glad that people spoke English.

...and that you could point at plastic food in the windows of restaurants instead of trying to order.

when/why were you in japan?

One time I texted my mom something in japanese and later on she said "i have a son that knows japanese, what"? in a joking way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Shu Ni narabu mono wa nai is another interesting line of the song.

Mono Wa Nai means I don't care according to google (nai is negative, something like "that's nothing to me" and on yahoo i read it means thing right yay. Japanese is even vaguer than arabic.

Upvote 0