Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The big concern I have is discussing these feelings in front of everyone else and focusing on the feelings themselves. I don’t see much here about the actual acting of the Holy Spirit. I see quite a bit about what people experience. (I’m specifically not focusing on the experiences being mentioned here as this concept applies to all, whether the experience is real or not - or a person just feels good about their spirituality or where they are in their walk).

One of the biggest traps we can fall into, even unintentionally, is spiritual pride. “I’ve experienced this amazing thing”, “I have obtained this special unique experience of the Holy Spirit”, “I’ve made it far in my spiritual life since I experience the full extent of what we can receive from the Holy Spirit”.

Not all say these things or think them. It may be intended as a testimony. We all, however, need to be careful that we don’t fall into spiritual pride. Focusing on what “we can do” on a personal level or “what we experience” is often problematic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You may have felt all these things but how can you prove that they are truly of God? The Bible says we will be convicted of our sin by the Holy Spirit, so I'd be willing to concede that you were actually convicted by him. But feeling truth? I don't even know what that means. As for feeling God's love, well, you can certainly feel the effects of God's love, but His love is not itself a feeling. Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. The electrical charge stuff is just a lot of nonsense, without any support whatever in Scripture, an effect of wishful thinking and evidence of a dangerous sensuality in your faith.

I don't need to prove it, I know it for myself.

Are you saying the spirit has no power?

Because I fill all the power of God that knocks me off my feet.

How do i know its god? its in a spirit filled Jesus loving church and it is him I'm praising, not the devil.

Upvote 0

Calvin_1985

Sep 1, 2018
Roanoke
✟22,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The big concern I have is discussing these feelings in front of everyone else and focusing on the feelings themselves. I don’t see much here about the actual acting of the Holy Spirit. I see quite a bit about what people experience. (I’m specifically not focusing on the experiences being mentioned here as this concept applies to all, whether the experience is real or not - or a person just feels good about their spirituality or where they are in their walk).

One of the biggest traps we can fall into, even unintentionally, is spiritual pride. “I’ve experienced this amazing thing”, “I have obtained this special unique experience of the Holy Spirit”, “I’ve made it far in my spiritual life since I experience the full extent of what we can receive from the Holy Spirit”.

Not all say these things or think them. It may be intended as a testimony. We all, however, need to be careful that we don’t fall into spiritual pride. Focusing on what “we can do” on a personal level or “what we experience” is often problematic.
Relax, we have all eternity to discuss the many works of Father. This is just ine forum.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The devil does not love you nor does a demon give you felling's of love and truth.
The devil does not convert you and make you a new person in Jesus, Only God sends his own to his son, and when I was baptised I was filled with the holt spirit and it converted me into a new creature that follows Jesus every word.

And guess what?

I felt love and truth and conviction and a warm electrical charge all over my body.

Dont tell me its not God.
Of course it's God, but not the god that would say, "Man is to live by every feeling given by the Holy Spirit".

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

NOTE: this thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum. Please be advised that the SOP may be different from the original location. The original forum did NOT allow debate but only advice. Please read forum Statement of Purposes before posting threads.

MOD HAT OFF

• Winner
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sensual Faith: Oh, God, You Make Me Feel Sooo Good! | Christian Forums

Blaspheming the Spirit.

In a growing section of the evangelical Christian community, the pursuit of a sensual experience of God has led to a kind of blasphemy against the Spirit. In an effort to “experience God,” many believers today are chasing after tingles, warm sensations, and electrical pulses that run over and through them. They cheer at fog (aka “glory clouds”) coming out of air vents, and gasp at gold dust and feathers falling from above. “This is the Spirit of God!” they say. But when they are pressed to explain how they know this, the answer is ultimately “I just know! And if you knew the Spirit like I do, you would, too!” Thus, without good grounds, believers assign to the Holy Spirit experiences and actions to which they cannot adequately connect him. It may well be that he is not involved at all in the things they are feeling and experiencing and so to say that he is amounts to lying about the Spirit which is tantamount to blasphemy.

The apostle James warned of the “wisdom that is not from above” (James 3:15), describing it, among other things, as “sensual,” that is, oriented on what appeals to our physical senses and our emotions. We are fundamentally sensual creatures, interacting with reality in large part through our physical senses. When we are confronted with interacting with God, who is a Spirit and not accessible to our senses like the material reality in which we constantly move, we may begin to try to force an experience of Him that conforms to our natural sensuality. But when we do this, we corrupt and diminish the spiritual nature of our fellowship with God and open ourselves to demonic deception. So it is we are commanded in Scripture:

John 4:23-24 (NKJV)
23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father
in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 God
is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

In the record of Scripture, when God “showed up” He did not resort to fog, feathers and gold dust; He did not confine Himself to trivial things like giving people shivers, and tingles, and warm oozies; He did not make them laugh like maniacs, or writhe about in ecstatic prostration. No, when God manifested Himself, He empowered one man to kill a thousand with the jaw-bone of an ass, the wicked were swallowed alive by the earth, cities were destroyed by heavenly fire, seas were parted, mountain tops were clouded in thunder and lightning, and the dead were raised to life! How is it, then, that the expectations of modern believers of God have grown so small? How is it that so many have settled for a momentary shiver instead of fire from heaven? How is that believers enthuse over gold dust from air vents instead of the conviction of the Holy Spirit driving them to their knees in deep and full confession of, and repentance from, their sins? How is it that when a person claims God is manifesting Himself in these trivial ways, so many are eager to believe it without skepticism? This is where a sensual pursuit of God leads people: Grasping for anything that might provide a sensual experience of God, however silly and trite.

Matthew 12:38-39 (NKJV)
38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from You."
39 But He (Jesus) answered and said to them, "
An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

Satan is the Great Counterfeiter. At every turn he is looking to deceive believers with false facsimiles of God's truth, presence and power. He comes to us as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14), offering us half or twisted truths, and/or outright lies made to look like “good sense.” If we aren't “sober and vigilant,” as Scripture warns us to be (1 Peter 5:8), we will soon fall prey to his deceptions. So, it is that we must have more than “I just know!” as a basis for our claims that the Spirit is at work. If we say, “These shivers are the Holy Spirit!” we must be able to prove it; if we say, “This healing is by the Spirit's will and power!” we must be able to show that it really is; if we say, “This vision is from the Spirit!” we had better be able to fully justify our claim. When believers get in the habit of making unfounded, unproved and unprovable claims about the work of the Spirit, they run the very great risk of falling under false beliefs and the destructive manipulations of the devil.

Feelings are part of the christian life, when God does something in you, you can usually feel it, there is a wide arrange of experiences God can do and we can feel, and there is nothing wrong with that. A common error is to assign experiences with God as 'your feelings' 'your emotions' the presence of God is not a feeling of ours is actually God himself close to us and is the best you can get.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I only feel him when I am in prayer and only sometimes. I also strongly felt him when I got water baptized, and when I first got saved (baptized by the holy spirit). But we shouldn't rely and trust our feelings which is why God doesn't always give us it he doesn't want us to get addicted to the feeling but simply walk by faith and truth. If you don't feel anything it does not mean you don't have the holy spirit. But yeah sometimes when I ask during prayer for him to speak to me or I meditate on scripture, I can feel the holy spirit if God wants me to.

A balance needs to be made feeling something from God is ok, and actually it could mean something, like when you feel God is giving you faith to believe something, this is very encouraging as it means God is supporting you,
but we should be able to not feel anything and still live normally.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't need to prove it, I know it for myself.

And if, say, an atheist used this sort of argument in support of his atheism, would you accept it? I think not. No, I suspect if an atheist said to you, "I don't need to prove that there is no God. I know it for myself," you'd dismiss his claim out-of-hand as sheer subjective opinion. Why, then, shouldn't I do the same with your statement above?

Are you saying the spirit has no power?

No, of course not. I'm saying that some of the things you are asserting are from the Spirit, you have no way to prove actually are. Electrical sensations caused by the Spirit have no basis in Scripture at all and there is no teaching whatever that believers should expect such a thing in their interactions with God.

Because I fill all the power of God that knocks me off my feet.

Again, how do you know it is the power of God doing so? You're just assuming it is. People in pagan religions have such experiences fairly commonly but it isn't God knocking them down. Is there anywhere in the New Testament where we are told that we ought to expect such things in our interactions with God? No. We are told, though, that the devil counterfeits God as often as he can, luring those who want to sensualize their experience of God into demonic delusion.

How do i know its god? its in a spirit filled Jesus loving church and it is him I'm praising, not the devil.

There is no church, however "Jesus-loving," that is not afflicted in some measure with the leaven of Self, the World, and the devil. Many modern churches are crammed with "tares," people who believe they are saved but are not. Even the very earliest Christian churches were dealing with sinning members, false teachers, legalists and the craziness of Christian sensualists. No church is immune to these things. You say that your church is "Spirit-filled" but this means widely different things among believers. I doubt what you think is a "Spirit-filled" church is what I would think is "Spirit-filled." I suspect that, for you, being Spirit-filled is evidenced by the very things you are trying to prove are actually from God. But assuming these things are from God in order to assert and prove that they are is question-begging, its arguing in a circle. And praising Jesus is no guarantee against the intrusion of the devil and Self, both of which are eager to make worship sensual, and sentimental, and subtly oriented away from God toward the one doing the worshiping. This happens a lot in modern worship services. A LOT. I don't, then, see that what you've offered as proof that your experiences are from God actually succeeds in proving you right. Far from it.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Feelings are part of the christian life, when God does something in you, you can usually feel it, there is a wide arrange of experiences God can do and we can feel, and there is nothing wrong with that.

What do you mean by "feelings"? Certainly, walking with God touches the emotions but warm oozies, electrical sensations, tingling, and so on have no basis in Scripture whatever but do have a parallel in pagan religious experiences.

A common error is to assign experiences with God as 'your feelings' 'your emotions' the presence of God is not a feeling of ours is actually God himself close to us and is the best you can get.

We know God is with us, not because we feel He is, but because His word says He is and we believe it. We are to "walk by faith, not by sight" which means, in part, that we aren't to be looking for feelings or sensations we can attribute to God as signs, as verification, of what we claim to believe. Far too easily, Christians who go down this road become dangerously dependent upon a constant stream of feelings and sensations that assure them that God is with them rather than the simple declaration of God's word that He is. Such believers are ripe picking for the devil who encourages in them a highly subjective, sentimental and sensual way of walking with God that leads them subtly but surely into disillusionment, carnality and sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean by "feelings"? Certainly, walking with God touches the emotions but warm oozies, electrical sensations, tingling, and so on have no basis in Scripture whatever but do have a parallel in pagan religious experiences.

We know God is with us, not because we feel He is, but because His word says He is and we believe it. We are to "walk by faith, not by sight" which means, in part, that we aren't to be looking for feelings or sensations we can attribute to God as signs, as verification, of what we claim to believe. Far too easily, Christians who go down this road become dangerously dependent upon a constant stream of feelings and sensations that assure them that God is with them rather than the simple declaration of God's word that He is. Such believers are ripe picking for the devil who encourages in them a highly subjective, sentimental and sensual way of walking with God that leads them subtly but surely into disillusionment, carnality and sin.

I don't think you can live the christian life without God giving verification encouragment and other things, and only believing the bible that he is with us. Having a relationship with God is having an 'alive' relationship with him, and a lot of times he does things.

And experiences with God can be felt, is not our feelings, they are stuff that God does to us and the closer you are to God the more you will see from him, so that of living by 'faith' not actually seeing anything because then is not walking by faith is an horrible error, the more closer you are with God the more you see, and your faith is going to be tested anyway even when you see things happening from God.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Different people literally have different abilities. Some were born to with a natural ability for a more developed sense of emotions and caring for others warmly, and some with a natural ability to logic or such. That's the 'thinking/feeling' scale, and any person can be anywhere on it as their inborn temperament. These are neither good nor bad of course, but different abilities, which could be put to good or bad use.

I doubt anyone thinks we are to be guided merely by our feelings....or our own thinking/understanding either. We aren't to lean on our own understandings, but instead on the truth given to us from Christ.

Help from Paul about our differences between us --

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
(continues helpfully about different gifts...)

And Paul isn't done at the end of this chapter, but intentionally connects it to the famous next chapter like so:
"And yet I will show you the most excellent way."

And next comes what is best of all -- Love -- in 1 Cor 13.

And the beginning of chapter 12 is helpful to know also --
1 Corinthians 12 NIV

1 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work."

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you can live the christian life without God giving verification encouragment and other things, and only believing the bible that he is with us. Having a relationship with God is having an 'alive' relationship with him, and a lot of times he does things.

Certainly, God "does stuff." The Bible tells us the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, moves us to repentance and holy living, illuminates God's truth to us, produces in us the "peaceable fruit of righteousness," strengthens us in times of temptation, and comforts us in seasons of sorrow. But no where does the Bible ever say that the Holy Spirit will give us tingles, or shivers, or warms sensations; no where does the Bible say the Holy Spirit will make us laugh like maniacs, or cry uncontrollably, or convulse upon the floor; no where does the Bible say we can - or ought - to "toke" the Spirit, or "soak" in him, or be drunk in the Spirit. No, the Bible says a sensual pursuit of God is not part of the wisdom that is from above but is, rather, "earthly and devilish."

And experiences with God can be felt, is not our feelings, they are stuff that God does to us and the closer you are to God the more you will see from him, so that of living by 'faith' not actually seeing anything because then is not walking by faith is an horrible error, the more closer you are with God the more you see, and your faith is going to be tested anyway even when you see things happening from God.

The Bible tells us what we can and should expect in our experience of God. The Bible is full of instances where God interacts very directly and very overtly with people. But not once does God cause a person to feel tingles, or shivers, or warm oozies. Not once does He cause a person to laugh or cry hysterically, or roll around on the ground in convulsions. These behaviours are not the product of a deeper walk with God but exactly the reverse. They are the symptoms of a carnal, sensual and very likely demonic counterfeit of true Christianity. Horribly, increasing numbers of believers are thinking that they are really going deep with God when they feel shivers and tingles, when they cry like babies, or behave like the demon possessed, thrashing and jerking about wildly on the floor. The Fruit of the Spirit, however, is self-control, the Spirit promotes peace and gentleness, the meetings of the Church of God are to be conducted "decently and in order," not serve as forums for nutball antics. This seems glaringly obvious to me and yet tens of thousands of Christians have fallen for the devil's delusion of hyper-emotional and sensual chaos, promoted as "true spirituality" through groups like Jesus Culture, the NAR, Prosperity Gospel preachers, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Certainly, God "does stuff." The Bible tells us the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, moves us to repentance and holy living, illuminates God's truth to us, produces in us the "peaceable fruit of righteousness," strengthens us in times of temptation, and comforts us in seasons of sorrow. But no where does the Bible ever say that the Holy Spirit will give us tingles, or shivers, or warms sensations; no where does the Bible say the Holy Spirit will make us laugh like maniacs, or cry uncontrollably, or convulse upon the floor; no where does the Bible say we can - or ought - to "toke" the Spirit, or "soak" in him, or be drunk in the Spirit. No, the Bible says a sensual pursuit of God is not part of the wisdom that is from above but is, rather, "earthly and devilish."

The Bible tells us what we can and should expect in our experience of God. The Bible is full of instances where God interacts very directly and very overtly with people. But not once does God cause a person to feel tingles, or shivers, or warm oozies. Not once does He cause a person to laugh or cry hysterically, or roll around on the ground in convulsions. These behaviours are not the product of a deeper walk with God but exactly the reverse. They are the symptoms of a carnal, sensual and very likely demonic counterfeit of true Christianity. Horribly, increasing numbers of believers are thinking that they are really going deep with God when they feel shivers and tingles, when they cry like babies, or behave like the demon possessed, thrashing and jerking about wildly on the floor. The Fruit of the Spirit, however, is self-control, the Spirit promotes peace and gentleness, the meetings of the Church of God are to be conducted "decently and in order," not serve as forums for nutball antics. This seems glaringly obvious to me and yet tens of thousands of Christians have fallen for the devil's delusion of hyper-emotional and sensual chaos and mayhem, promoted as "true spirituality" through groups like Jesus Culture, the NAR, Prosperity Gospel preachers and such like.

I never experienced anything of those things, and i'm not defending that either. But that the Holy spirit makes us feel things, yes a lot can be experienced, all i experienced was in control of myself.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Bible tells us what we can and should expect in our experience of God. The Bible is full of instances where God interacts very directly and very overtly with people. But not once does God cause a person to feel tingles, or shivers, or warm oozies. Not once does He cause a person to laugh or cry hysterically, or roll around on the ground in convulsions. These behaviours are not the product of a deeper walk with God but exactly the reverse. They are the symptoms of a carnal, sensual and very likely demonic counterfeit of true Christianity. Horribly, increasing numbers of believers are thinking that they are really going deep with God when they feel shivers and tingles, when they cry like babies, or behave like the demon possessed, thrashing and jerking about wildly on the floor. The Fruit of the Spirit, however, is self-control, the Spirit promotes peace and gentleness, the meetings of the Church of God are to be conducted "decently and in order," not serve as forums for nutball antics. This seems glaringly obvious to me and yet tens of thousands of Christians have fallen for the devil's delusion of hyper-emotional and sensual chaos and mayhem, promoted as "true spirituality" through groups like Jesus Culture, the NAR, Prosperity Gospel preachers and such like.
I think maybe you are letting bad experiences cloud your judgement. The holy spirit is an unmistakable feeling and it cannot be duplicated by satan or be counterfeited. When you feel the holy spirit, you know it's the holy spirit. I'm not saying you have to feel the holy spirit, we walk by truth not feelings. But absolutely you CAN feel the holy spirit, if it's in God's will. And it does happen. And be careful not to claim it is by the devil or to deny the feeling is by the holy spirit, because that can be considered blasphemy against the holy spirit, which is something God hates. The holy spirit is the most spiritual being ever, satan has now power over it and cannot imitate the feeling. God is spiritual and personal, not an impersonal judge who simply gives you the letter of the law to follow. You have to consider him as your friend. You have to look past all the false charismatic experiences and rely on God and not afraid of his presence and his feeling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You may have felt all these things but how can you prove that they are truly of God? The Bible says we will be convicted of our sin by the Holy Spirit, so I'd be willing to concede that you were actually convicted by him. But feeling truth? I don't even know what that means. As for feeling God's love, well, you can certainly feel the effects of God's love, but His love is not itself a feeling. Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. The electrical charge stuff is just a lot of nonsense, without any support whatever in Scripture, an effect of wishful thinking and evidence of a dangerous sensuality in your faith.
The very point I was trying to make.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So then your saying that a electric felling all over my body is a human felling? no

Human feelings are

sad
happy
mad
upset
embarrassed
sick
positive

so on and so forth

A bodily felling is touch, pain, well, and shock

so on

also a electric feeling as a vibration all in you, its a physical felling.
I don't know what "fellings" are, but we don't follow Jesus to get feelings.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't know what "fellings" are, but we don't follow Jesus to get feelings.

Yes we do, who told you that?

We follow Jesus for his love, forgiveness,compassion, perfection, understanding, everything he is.

If you do not give good loving felling to others, and have no love to give, then you do not follow Jesus.

Let me tell you something, you are religious, Following Jesus for scripture and dutiable reasons and not love.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
And if, say, an atheist used this sort of argument in support of his atheism, would you accept it? I think not. No, I suspect if an atheist said to you, "I don't need to prove that there is no God. I know it for myself," you'd dismiss his claim out-of-hand as sheer subjective opinion. Why, then, shouldn't I do the same with your statement above?

No, of course not. I'm saying that some of the things you are asserting are from the Spirit, you have no way to prove actually are. Electrical sensations caused by the Spirit have no basis in Scripture at all and there is no teaching whatever that believers should expect such a thing in their interactions with God.

Again, how do you know it is the power of God doing so? You're just assuming it is. People in pagan religions have such experiences fairly commonly but it isn't God knocking them down. Is there anywhere in the New Testament where we are told that we ought to expect such things in our interactions with God? No. We are told, though, that the devil counterfeits God as often as he can, luring those who want to sensualize their experience of God into demonic delusion.

There is no church, however "Jesus-loving," that is not afflicted in some measure with the leaven of Self, the World, and the devil. Many modern churches are crammed with "tares," people who believe they are saved but are not. Even the very earliest Christian churches were dealing with sinning members, false teachers, legalists and the craziness of Christian sensualists. No church is immune to these things. You say that your church is "Spirit-filled" but this means widely different things among believers. I doubt what you think is a "Spirit-filled" church is what I would think is "Spirit-filled." I suspect that, for you, being Spirit-filled is evidenced by the very things you are trying to prove are actually from God. But assuming these things are from God in order to assert and prove that they are is question-begging, its arguing in a circle. And praising Jesus is no guarantee against the intrusion of the devil and Self, both of which are eager to make worship sensual, and sentimental, and subtly oriented away from God toward the one doing the worshiping. This happens a lot in modern worship services. A LOT. I don't, then, see that what you've offered as proof that your experiences are from God actually succeeds in proving you right. Far from it.

I do not control what a atheist thinks or believes, yes I allow them to think how they wish, that's there business and God will judge them in the end.

You are acting just like a atheist.

Why question and debate the holy spirits power?

Jut let it go and Love me for who i am and what I have been through and for you I will do the same.

No one is going to hell for felling the holy spirit, no one soul in at risk, calm down.

Again, i am not serving or praising a pagan God or the devil, so stop pretending somehow a pagan God who is fake by the way has the power to give me the power of God and fill it.

That is a well, forgive me here, stupid thinking.

I am not looking for the felling, I just praise the living God, and he sends his spirit to touch me and enter into me, and I fill it. Stop accusing me of some how seeking for this feeling and serving pagan gods or the devil for the feeling, I am not a spiritualist in any way.

You remind me of a witch hunter and accuser.

Upvote 0