hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If the feeling is from a spiritual source, then it's not to be unexpected that demons couldn't also produce a similar electric feeling. I believe some forms of yoga and Hindu rituals actually aim for something like that. I forget what it's called, but it's supposed to go up your spine or something. I believe that's demonic.

I don't think that particular tingling sensation is something that has to be exclusive to the Holy Spirit... Yet, I would see no value in a demon giving someone that sensation as the person is worshiping God, only to be convinced that he or she is feeling the Holy Spirit at work and thus grows stronger in faith. :scratch:

It's interesting how opposed some of you are to this, simply because you've never experienced it. I will say, I've mainly felt it in a room of Christians who were truly worshiping and seeking God. Also, very often at a Bible college I attended. Is it simply emotions or something more external (or internal)? I don't think we can say with 100% confidence, but to call it "a lot of nonsense" and "wishful thinking" is rude and arrogant. With that kind of attitude toward other Believers, I think you need to walk with the Spirit much more as a whole.

The Bible is full of supernatural manifestations of God's power and voice. Paul - physically blinded by a light that came from no earthly source. Ananias and Sapphira - struck dead for lying, in an instant. All the people Jesus healed miraculously. Peter rescued from prison by the angel - his chains simply fell off, he walked right out, AND the gate to the city even opened up on it's own! Those are just a few examples.

All that to say, bashing other Christians' claims of physical evidence of the Spirit at work is a waste of time. Save your arguing for the atheists. ^_^

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean by "feelings"? Certainly, walking with God touches the emotions but warm oozies, electrical sensations, tingling, and so on have no basis in Scripture whatever but do have a parallel in pagan religious experiences.

We know God is with us, not because we feel He is, but because His word says He is and we believe it. We are to "walk by faith, not by sight" which means, in part, that we aren't to be looking for feelings or sensations we can attribute to God as signs, as verification, of what we claim to believe. Far too easily, Christians who go down this road become dangerously dependent upon a constant stream of feelings and sensations that assure them that God is with them rather than the simple declaration of God's word that He is. Such believers are ripe picking for the devil who encourages in them a highly subjective, sentimental and sensual way of walking with God that leads them subtly but surely into disillusionment, carnality and sin.
My drug dealer friend said he felt like he was struck by lightning when he was saved. Before he was saved he tried to reject God and got himself drunk but then he blacked out and had a vision from God in his dream.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some people give the impression that Christians must be sad depressed people that can have any fun or excitement in their lives.
They apparently assert that sorrow is wrong too, because its an emotion. However the Lords chastening isnt joyful, and all are partakers, so whats that say about emotions? Is feeling Gods chastening wrong?

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They apparently assert that sorrow is wrong too, because its an emotion. However the Lords chastening isnt joyful, and all are partakers, so whats that say about emotions? Is feeling Gods chastening wrong?
what does chastening mean?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I do not control what a atheist thinks or believes, yes I allow them to think how they wish, that's there business and God will judge them in the end.

Your response here entirely misses my point. It wasn't at all about an atheist's right to believe as he likes.

You are acting just like a atheist.

??? I think it's pretty obvious I am not.

Why question and debate the holy spirits power?

Well, you see, I'm not. I'm questioning your claims about the Holy Spirit's power.

Jut let it go and Love me for who i am and what I have been through and for you I will do the same.

Let what go, exactly? That you're making false claims about the Holy Spirit? Not going to happen.

Disagreeing with you about your claims doesn't mean I don't have agape love for you. In fact, it is because of agape love that I challenge your mistaken ideas about the Holy Spirit. Getting it wrong about God has very serious consequences, you see, and I would steer you clear of them if possible. And so, I disagree with you about what is and isn't a manifestation of the Spirit.

No one is going to hell for felling the holy spirit, no one soul in at risk, calm down.

I don't recall ever saying that people were going to hell for feeling the Spirit. This is an exaggeration/distortion of my words. People are being deceived, though, about what is and isn't of the Spirit and this deception can lead to very serious spiritual consequences. Also, I am quite calm. I can disagree with you and be so, you know. It's not hard to do.

Again, i am not serving or praising a pagan God or the devil, so stop pretending somehow a pagan God who is fake by the way has the power to give me the power of God and fill it.

I think you are offering subtly self-centered, sensual, fleshly worship to God when you allow yourself to become occupied with physical sensations and behave in an out-of-control manner that you claim is the Spirit acting upon you. I believe also that the devil encourages this sort of thing among Christians because he knows it doesn't lead toward God but away from Him into sensuality, and sentimentalism, and false belief.

I am not looking for the felling, I just praise the living God,

If you never again had any of the physical sensations or experiences you say are of the Spirit, would you be able to walk joyfully, confidently and stably with God?

and he sends his spirit to touch me and enter into me, and I fill it.

If you are born again, God's Spirit is already within you and doesn't need to be sent to you. Being filled with God's Spirit has to do with being fully under his control, and enabled by him to speak and act with divine authority, wisdom and grace. Being filled is not sensations, and bizarre behaviour, and high emotion.

Also, the Holy Spirit is not an "it." He is a Person, who possesses a mind, and emotions, and desires, and acts in and upon the physical world just like any other person.

Stop accusing me of some how seeking for this feeling and serving pagan gods or the devil for the feeling, I am not a spiritualist in any way.

So long as you assert that odd physical sensations and being knocked down by no visible power are of God, I will continue to say that you are mistaken and likely deceived. I have already explained in earlier posts in this thread why such claims are highly suspect.

You remind me of a witch hunter and accuser.

And so? Call me whatever you like. So long as I am thoroughly biblical in my beliefs, I have little concern about what names you want throw at me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Your response here entirely misses my point. It wasn't at all about an atheist's right to believe as he likes.

??? I think it's pretty obvious I am not.

Well, you see, I'm not. I'm questioning your claims about the Holy Spirit's power.

Let what go, exactly? That you're making false claims about the Holy Spirit? Not going to happen.

Disagreeing with you about your claims doesn't mean I don't have agape love for you. In fact, it is because of agape love that I challenge your mistaken ideas about the Holy Spirit. Getting it wrong about God has very serious consequences, you see, and I would steer your clear of them if possible. And so, I disagree with you about what is and isn't a manifestation of the Spirit.

I don't recall ever saying that people were going to hell for feeling the Spirit. This is an exaggeration/distortion of my words. People are being deceived, though, about what is and isn't of the Spirit and this deception can lead to very serious spiritual consequences. Also, I am quite calm. I can disagree with you and be so, you know. It's not hard to do.

I think you are offering subtly self-centered, sensual, fleshly worship to God when you allow yourself to become occupied with physical sensations and behave in an out-of-control manner that you claim is the Spirit acting upon you. I believe also that the devil encourages this sort of thing among Christians because he knows it doesn't lead toward God but away from Him into sensuality, and sentimentalism, and false belief.

If you never again had any of physical sensations or experiences you say are of the Spirit, would you be able to walk joyfully, confidently and stably with God?

If you are born again, God's Spirit is already within you and doesn't need to be sent to you. Being filled with God's Spirit has to do with being fully under his control, and enabled by him to speak and act with divine authority, wisdom and grace. Being filled is not sensations, and bizarre behaviour, and high emotion.

Also, the Holy Spirit is not an "it." He is a Person, who possesses a mind, and emotions, and desires, and acts in and upon the physical world just like any other person.

So long as you assert that odd physical sensations and being knocked down by no visible force are of God, I will continue to say that you are mistaken and likely deceived. I have already explained in earlier posts in this thread why such claims are highly suspect.

And so? Call me whatever you like. So long as I am thoroughly biblical in my beliefs, I have little concern about what names you want throw at me.

deceived by who?

Answer this, then we can talk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yet, I would see no value in a demon giving someone that sensation as the person is worshiping God, only to be convinced that he or she is feeling the Holy Spirit at work and thus grows stronger in faith. :scratch:

But this isn't necessarily what happens. Instead, many Christians become occupied with physical sensations rather than with God and His word. These sensations distract from a wholehearted focus on the Lord. They vie for a believer's attention and turn his mind to the flesh rather than to things spiritual. For many, these sensations become a way of validating what they believe and if they cease to occur, the person's belief collapses, being established upon signs and sensations rather than mature, biblical faith. I have seen all of these things repeatedly among those who get caught up in sensuality in their walk with God. And I believe the devil is behind it, offering a fleshly counterfeit of true spiritual living that operates by faith, not by sight.

It's interesting how opposed some of you are to this, simply because you've never experienced it.

But this isn't the reason for my opposition to it. See my earlier posts in this thread.

I don't think we can say with 100% confidence, but to call it "a lot of nonsense" and "wishful thinking" is rude and arrogant.

It is what I believe. You don't agree and do so, in part, by calling my remarks arrogant and rude. How is this any better than what you criticize me of doing? How is it better to call me arrogant and rude than to say a certain kind of belief is nonsense and wishful thinking? As far as I can see, you are guilty of the very thing of which you have accused me.

With that kind of attitude toward other Believers, I think you need to walk with the Spirit much more as a whole.

See above.

The Bible is full of supernatural manifestations of God's power and voice. Paul - physically blinded by a light that came from no earthly source. Ananias and Sapphira - struck dead for lying, in an instant. All the people Jesus healed miraculously. Peter rescued from prison by the angel - his chains simply fell off, he walked right out, AND the gate to the city even opened up on it's own! Those are just a few examples.

Yes. But you will find not a single example in any of the Bible of warm oozies, tingles, or electrical sensations happening to people in manifestation of the Spirit. You will never encounter the Spirit acting upon anyone to cause them to convulse and roll about on the ground like one possessed, or laugh maniacally, or cry hysterically. And there is no teaching whatever in Scripture that a believer should expect or chase after such things.

All that to say, bashing other Christians' claims of physical evidence of the Spirit at work is a waste of time. Save your arguing for the atheists. ^_^

I disagree. Obviously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My drug dealer friend said he felt like he was struck by lightning when he was saved. Before he was saved he tried to reject God and got himself drunk but then he blacked out and had a vision from God in his dream.

Uh huh. And so?

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
By yourself. By the devil. By false teachers. By sincere but deceived fellow believers. By all of these. The options are numerous. Take your pick.

So, you are saying that

Myself if deceiving myself to follow Jesus? on the basis that I fill his spirit?

Or others are bringing me to Jesus on the same basis?

Or the devil wants me to follow and love Jesus on that basis?

So the end result here is loving and following Jesus right?

No sir, you are the deceiver making others believe there is no power or feeling in the holy spirit.

If the felling brings me closer to Jesus, and it does, then there is no deception at all and you are the blind leading the blind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes we do, who told you that?

We follow Jesus for his love, forgiveness,compassion, perfection, understanding, everything he is.

If you do not give good loving felling to others, and have no love to give, then you do not follow Jesus.

Let me tell you something, you are religious, Following Jesus for scripture and dutiable reasons and not love.
Jesus did not tell us to give people "good loving felling", or even "good FEELINGS".

He told us to make disciples.

You know nothing about me. Consequently you are in no position to spiritually evaluate me.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It differs. Sometimes I feel nothing at all, but *know* He's making His presence known.

Yes, same here. Sometimes she gives me a distinct awareness (not really an emotional feeling) of her being with me.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So, you are saying that

Myself if deceiving myself to follow Jesus? on the basis that I fill his spirit?

No. Have you actually read my posts in this thread? Why this odd characterization of my words?

Have you deceived yourself in following Jesus? I don't know and have never said that you had. Mind you, there are many who think they are following Jesus, some who even cast out demons in his name, preach and perform miracles in his name, but to whom Jesus will say at the Final Judgement, "Depart from me, I never knew you." I don't know if you are one of these or not. But I can tell you that there are many like this, some of whom are deceiving others into the false Christianity they have embraced.

on the basis that I fill his spirit?

Being mistaken about what is and isn't of the Holy Spirit doesn't necessarily mean you are deceived about Jesus.

Or others are bringing me to Jesus on the same basis?

Or the devil wants me to follow and love Jesus on that basis?

If others have brought you to Christ on the basis of false beliefs about the Holy Spirit, you should be very, very careful that you are not deceived about the Gospel and your salvation, too.

So the end result here is loving and following Jesus right?

What that looks like to modern Christians and what the Bible describes of following and loving Jesus are increasingly two different things. I would encourage you to consider Matthew 15:24-25, Romans 8:13 and Galatians 5:24. A very different sort of Christian life than the body-preoccupied, sensual "spirituality" of many modern believers.

No sir, you are the deceiver making others believe there is no power or feeling in the holy spirit.

But I have never said that there is no power of the Holy Spirit or that there is no experience of him that one can have. In fact, I have listed a couple of times now at least a number of things the Bible tells us all genuine Christians will have as experiences of the Holy Spirit: conviction, illumination, strengthening, comforting, leading, etc. The Bible also tells us that the Spirit's power transforms our desires, and thinking, and behaviour. He is the Power Source for all Christian living. But that power is never said in Scripture to be exerted upon believers in the way you say. So, no, I'm not a deceiver; just a follower of Christ who is being biblical about his walk with God and urging you to be the same. (see 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Psalms 119:105)

If the felling brings me closer to Jesus, and it does, then there is no deception at all and you are the blind leading the blind.

I wonder, if I could see the true, secret content of your life, if I would find that you have been drawn closer to Christ through the mistaken notions about the Spirit that you hold. It seems unlikely since those notions about the Spirit are false.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Godly sorrow" out the window next then it would seem.

But the inevitable problem in this thread it's that the sides are using words differently.

Person C says "feeling" and actually is thinking of something hugely different than what person D means by "feeling".

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
No. Have you actually read my posts in this thread? Why this odd characterization of my words?

Have you deceived yourself in following Jesus? I don't know and have never said that you had. Mind you, there are many who think they are following Jesus, some who even cast out demons in his name, preach and perform miracles in his name, but to whom Jesus will say at the Final Judgement, "Depart from me, I never knew you." I don't know if you are one of these or not. But I can tell you that there are many like this, some of whom are deceiving others into the false Christianity they have embraced.

Being mistaken about what is and isn't of the Holy Spirit doesn't necessarily mean you are deceived about Jesus.

If others have brought you to Christ on the basis of false beliefs about the Holy Spirit, you should be very, very careful that you are not deceived about the Gospel and your salvation, too.

What that looks like to modern Christians and what the Bible describes of following and loving Jesus are increasingly two different things. I would encourage you to consider Matthew 15:24-25, Romans 8:13 and Galatians 5:24. A very different sort of Christian life than the body-preoccupied, sensual "spirituality" of many modern believers.

But I have never said that there is no power of the Holy Spirit or that there is no experience of him that one can have. In fact, I have listed a couple of times now at least a number of things the Bible tells us all genuine Christians will have as experiences of the Holy Spirit: conviction, illumination, strengthening, comforting, leading, etc. The Bible also tells us that the Spirit's power transforms our desires, and thinking, and behaviour. He is the Power Source for all Christian living. But that power is never said in Scripture to be exerted upon believers in the way you say. So, no, I'm not a deceiver; just a follower of Christ who is being biblical about his walk with God and urging you to be the same. (see 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Psalms 119:105)

I wonder, if I could see the true, secret content of your life if I would find that you have been drawn closer to Christ through the mistaken notions about the Spirit that you hold. It seems unlikely since those notions about the Spirit are false.

I'm sorry, no offence but Jesus is my salvation and people do not need others to tell them and determine if there salvation is what they say it is.

If I fill the holy spirit that does not take away my salvation.

You are starting or have started a debate on feeling the holy spirit in contraction of having forgiveness from Jesus.

You call it salvation, I call it being saved for my sins as every sin is forgiven but one.

And that is speaking against and denying the holy spirit.

So no ones salvation as you call it is threatened, as if felling the holy spirit is a sin, its not my sin, as I did not make myself fell this way.

I give credit to God for everything.

Upvote 0