Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
If the Bible had been preached to all the world at the time, wthose other biblical figures would have been mentioned elsewhere.
You and I both know when the bible says "the whole world", it was the world as the men who penned the books of the bible knew it at the time. They had no conception of how big the world actually was.

Don't argue with him. You'll just get frustrated and he loves it. Don't give him the satisfaction.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You and I both know when the bible says "the whole world", it was the world as the men who penned the books of the bible knew it at the time. They had no conception of how big the world actually was.

Don't argue with him. You'll just get frustrated and he loves it. Don't give him the satisfaction.
And you underline penned as if to say that these men penned it without God???
I Peter 1:20-21:
Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

The Roman Empire was the world. People all over have refused to love the Truth and so be saved. Also some did not see fit to teach their and in this way to pass Christianity down to their descendants...lacking in discipline and faith.

No, I do not love frustrating you all. And furthermore, it is you two who are trying my patience and taking up a lot of time. Neither of you put up Biblical arguments.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
The Roman Empire was the world.
Except for the great majority of northern Europe, Parthian Empire, Chinese Han Dynasty, Kushan Empire, Indo-Parthian Kingdom, and other non-Roman Empire kingdoms in Asia and Europe that existed during the 1st Century AD.

Fact is, the gospel was not preached to the whole world at that time. It was "Paul's" world as he knew it.

But we've strayed far from the OP, so I'm done with this discussion. Carry on....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except for the great majority of northern Europe, Parthian Empire, Chinese Han Dynasty, Kushan Empire, Indo-Parthian Kingdom, and other non-Roman Empire kingdoms in Asia and Europe that existed during the 1st Century AD.

Fact is, the gospel was not preached to the whole world at that time. It was "Paul's" world as he knew it.

But we've strayed far from the OP, so I'm done with this discussion. Carry on....
I see you did some research...happen to check out the Scriptures of our Most High God

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Veja Daniel

Mar 13, 2017
Cluj-Napoca
✟7,713.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
(FYI by LGBT ADS I mean YouTube make up commercials featuring transgenders not pop ups for anyone else who gets confused by what type of ads I'm complaining about).

I don't like that God makes us stay on this planet with the world being the way it is. I don't want to endure I want to get away.

Why should I have to endure I didn't eat from the tree of good and evil personally.

This world is annoying. I'm sick of being bullied with the transgender gay lesbian agenda. Sick of being told money is God. Sick of the way people treat people. Sick of sickness. I'm tired of existing on this terrible planet.

Read the book of Job if you want to understand suffering. Read it thoroughly. James (James 1) says to consider it pure joy when being faced with trials. Why? Because we all have to suffer like Christ did. Christ himself sai: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16) We all have all sorts of problems and the better we deal with them, the bigger our reward will be. You might want to read the testimony of Annie Johnson Flint here The Story of Annie Johnson Flint by Rowland Bingham

Upvote 0

GillDouglas

Reformed Christian
Dec 21, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟29,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Heck, I'm straight and I think sex is mostly disgusting.
Is this a common stance for Catholics, or is this just a fluke? You're not the first to say something negative about sex in regards to marriage between a man and woman. It makes me concerned about what the Catholics are teaching about it.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Is this a common stance for Catholics, or is this just a fluke? You're not the first to say something negative about sex in regards to marriage between a man and woman. It makes me concerned about what the Catholics are teaching about it.

I'm sure it's not a Catholic thing, it's just my personal viewpoint.

Upvote 0

carolcole

Mar 4, 2017
ky
✟7,961.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers [arrogantly] back to God and dares to defy Him? Will the thing which is formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” Romans 9:20. So, you don't like the fact God is making you stay here longer than you want to? You feel like you have the right to tell the potter when or how he should do something to the clay. See God is this potter and you are the clay. He has the right to with you as he wants to. He made you. Then not only did he make you but, then he sent his ONLY son to save you from yourself. From the sins you have done against him. You say you didn't sin? Then you are a liar according to the Bible. Sorry if this is blunt but, you need to wake up and smell the roses and drop to your knees and thank the Lord for the next breathe he has allowed you to have. Sure none of us like the way this world is right now. But, as Christians we should not like it, for this is not our home. Our job is to tell others about Christ and about what life they can have once this one has ended. We also, need to tell them of a place they don't want to end up in (hell) This is why we are still here, we are here to serve our Lord by trying to get as many as we can, to understand they have too decide either Heaven or Hell. It is up to them. Plus, they need to understand they all will be called but, some might only get called one time, and others might get called more than once. They don't know till it happens. If they decide to not except that call from God to repent, it could be their only chance to be in Heaven but, instead they turn Him down and end up in hell. You see this is why you are still here. YOU HAVE A PURPOSE to be here. Be thankful and use this time wisely.

Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure in their circle of friends ans the bars they frequent, they are well known. It's not a case of hiding, it's a case of wanting the world to know like it is some sort of liberation. I for one don't want to know. period.

FWIW, I know several gay men that don't spend any time in bars whatsoever. Usually, once a man has found a "partner" for life, he stops hanging out in bars. And there are lots of men that go there that don't drink. They karaoke, play darts, pool, etc.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Remember in Jesus' day the Roman Empire existed and it extended over the earth and the Jews were scattered throughout the world and they too all came together for the Passover when Jesus was crucified and were gathered again at Pentecost to hear the teachings...remember?

Gee, How many Japanese Jews were there in Jerusalem during the Passover? How many Athabascan or Inuit? The Word had NOT been spread over all of the earth by Pentecost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Bible says yes.

The Bible is talking about the Roman world--basically around the Mediterranean Sea and parts of Europe. You can't say that the Bible was talking about something that Paul didn't know anything about.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible is talking about the Roman world--basically around the Mediterranean Sea and parts of Europe. You can't say that the Bible was talking about something that Paul didn't know anything about.
No, it is not talking about only the Roman world. The Roman Empire's existence must have allowed for this very notorious case to become known all over the world and Jews from all over the world spread the teachings just as Jesus commanded.
Colossians 1:23:
This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
It is indeed offensive to have you trying to explain things contrary to the clear reading of Scripture.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Don't waste your breathe. The guy clearly has no understanding of world history and biblical geography.

Reactions: Monk Brendan
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't waste your breathe. The guy clearly has no understanding of world history and biblical geography.
Better by far to know and love the Scriptures and to let them and them alone to guide you than all the other so called knowledge in the world...which originated in fallible man. I pray you will find this out for yourself soon enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Better by far to know and love the Scriptures and to let them and them alone to guide you than all the other so called knowledge in the world...which originated in fallible man.
OK, bud.....but remember, the "so called knowledge in the world" has brought you that little electronic box that is allowing you to propagate your strange reasoning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monk Brendan
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Better by far to know and love the Scriptures and to let them and them alone to guide you than all the other so called knowledge in the world...which originated in fallible man. I pray you will find this out for yourself soon enough.

Listen, I can out Bible you in two or three languages and 23 versions. Don't start measuring with me, you'll lose!

Upvote 0