Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The constitution of the USA starts thus:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.​

How are you, as a citizen of the USA or as a resident thereof contributing to the general welfare of the people?

constitution_1_of_4_630.jpg

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Think the "promote the general welfare" clause points back to the Declaration of Independence and our inalienable rights we received from our Creator--life, liberty, and the *persuit* of happiness. Also, have a Republic--therefore we choose people to represent us in government. And we have a right, duty, and responsibility to vote. IMO when we choose to exercise that right, we are helping to "promote the general welfare."

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How are you, as a citizen of the USA or as a resident thereof contributing to the general welfare of the people?

I spent years in overseas hellholes, putting my life on the line to defend them from being overrun by international Communism. I point out that there is no conscription in the American armed forces, by which you will understand that I volunteered to be sent to those dumps, to undergo what I did, and to put my life on the line for the freedom of the people------because the vast majority of them were unwilling to do it for themselves.

I'm a veteran: one of the real 1%.

And this November, I'm going to vote against Obama, because if he loses, it should improve the general welfare of the people quite considerably, since he'll never be able to instigate Phase 2 of his nefarious plans.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Who is running the USA though? Do you really think that the President and his executive government runs the nation?

Who owns the news media, who owns the banks that got bailed out, who benefits from tax payer funded bailouts, is it you?

What did you get for your part of the 700 billion?

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Are you talking about the Stimulus money that Obama borrowed from China? (Believe that was 700 Billion.) Well part of that went to his friends and cohorts of course. Pelosi got some protection for her Marsh mouse. And Reid got a bridge connecting his two pieces of land (making his land worth a lot more). There was a Senator in Penn. who got his own private airport. It was a "wish list" of projects and wants that the Dems wanted for years. A real "pork barrel" of things Obama promised the people that he wouldn't do. Then there were the outrageous studies--the effect of drugs on prostitutes in China, or how to reduce the smell of pig manure, or that turtle bridge in Florida, and more. Why even Washington state got a bunch of highway art (statues) for ten grand. Heard that some states used the money to pay past bills too.

It was supposed to go for "shovel ready jobs" and infrastructue, but even Obama laughed that the jobs weren't so "shovel ready" and he's still talking about the need for infrastructure, so I guess he admits that the Stimulus didn't help there either.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who is running the USA though?

Well, it ain't the people any more, and that's for darned sure.

But we have nobody but ourselves to blame, because all we do about it is sit on our hands and bleat about how powerless we are, when what we ought to be doing is heading out to DC about 80 million strong with our torches and pitchforks and fowling pieces and hanging ropes and demanding that Washington reform....or else.

Another day older and deeper in debt.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, it ain't the people any more, and that's for darned sure.

But we have nobody but ourselves to blame, because all we do about it is sit on our hands and bleat about how powerless we are, when what we ought to be doing is heading out to DC about 80 million strong with our torches and pitchforks and fowling pieces and hanging ropes and demanding that Washington reform....or else.
It makes me wonder how people let it get so bad and why they aren't voting with their feet now.

Another day older and deeper in debt.
Yeah, that's what I thought. It's a shame, a crying shame.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stars of the Pharaohs

May God and Her Majesty be with you...
Aug 17, 2012
✟339.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the United States of America. The first three Articles of the Constitution establish the rules and separate powers of the three branches of the federal government: a legislature, the bicameral Congress; an executive branch led by the President; and a federal judiciary headed by the Supreme Court. The last four Articles frame the principle of federalism. The Tenth Amendment confirms its federal characteristics.

The Constitution was adopted on September 17, 1787, by the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and ratified by conventions in eleven states. It went into effect on March 4, 1789. The first ten constitutional amendments ratified by three-fourths of the states in 1791 are known as the Bill of Rights. The Constitution has been amended seventeen additional times (for a total of 27 amendments) and its principles are applied in courts of law by judicial review.

The Constitution guides American society in law and political culture. It is the oldest written national constitution in continuous use, and it influenced later international figures establishing national constitutions. Recent impulses for reform center on concerns for extending democracy and balancing the federal budget.

United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:angel:

Upvote 0