Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why would you need to seek verification if you were sure of your claim? Can't find the original source I was relying on earlier, but this one agrees with that conclusion. It's near the bottom of the page.
found at FACTSHEET: Final FY23 Numbers Show Worst Year at America’s Borders—Ever – Committee on Homeland Security
Key Facts:

found at Fact check: What percentage of immigrants are granted asylum in the U.S.?

Asylum has been granted in about 40% of the nearly 700,000 asylum cases that have been decided since 2000. Immigration judges in that time frame approved about 30% of the applications, or about 420,000 cases, filed by people in deportation proceedings after arriving at the border or after being apprehended within the U.S.

found at Fact check: What percentage of immigrants are granted asylum in the U.S.?

Asylum has been granted in about 40% of the nearly 700,000 asylum cases that have been decided since 2000. Immigration judges in that time frame approved about 30% of the applications, or about 420,000 cases, filed by people in deportation proceedings after arriving at the border or after being apprehended within the U.S.

Posted on X, the former Twitter:
https://twitter.com/RepAlexMooney
Rep. Alex Mooney

@RepAlexMooney

In June, there were 207,416 migrant encounters at our southern border. There have now been 16 straight months of OVER 150,000 illegal border crossings.

Do you see why I made the statement I did, just last year 1.9 million were encountered and there have been Got Aways that number in the hundreds of thousands for every year that Joe Biden has been asleep in the office.

Reactions: TPop
Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟68,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Arcangl86, I'm sorry but, nothing? I've tried to demonstrate the cause for my insistence with evidence of the world I live in. Being a Combat Veteran I understand my head, unlike perpetual civilians, is on a forever scanning swivel, a lesson from three deployments that has taught me to check everything, carefully. Will you respond?

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe the devil uses semantics to deceive people. The devil's lies seek to undermine loving others as yourself. We can observe that many people are under lies, and they even lie to themselves. It's easy to deceive people simply by using terms that change the reality of the situation into what it is not. One needs only to promote a false premise which people will end up unconsciously accepting as true. For example, the descriptive term "secure" applied to the border actually means to "protect" the border as in protect it from foreign invasion, which does not apply to asylum seekers or refugees.

Another obvious lie we can observe over and over is Trump saying that without a border there's no country, as if the border between Mexico and the USA disappears because migrants can cross it. The fact of reality is that people have been crossing back and forth across that border since long before his grandfather ever immigrated here, and the country hasn't ceased to exist. This falsehood is so far removed from reality, it's delusional.

Recently, I've heard people complain that as a priority we should be protecting our own borders instead of helping Ukraine, as if asylum seekers and refugees are somehow comparable to tanks and soldiers destroying villages and whole cities. This falsehood actually creates a false equivalency between people who come here seeking to make a better life and foreign military forces literally coming to annihilate anyone who stands in their way.
Frankly the attitude outlined here is only talking points from the left. The Idea that all of the hoards of illegals crossing the borders are just seeking a better life is nonsense. Yes there are some that seek a better life, but the numbers of those from counties with terrorist leanings should be a concern but is ignored by the left. What about the numbers of Chinese crossing the southern border? How did they get out of China into Mexico? What about the drugs coming across the border sent by the cartels? This INVASION is not just an organic quest for a better life , it is a promoted event by leftist policies.

Some may ask why would the left want and allow this INVASION? The answer is a simple one. POWER!

How does this give the left power?

1. Large numbers of potential new voters. (Some are actually calling for ILLEGALS to have the right to vote.)

2. Padding the population to increase the numbers of House seats in blue states and ultimately playing havoc in the electoral college, with hope the left will have an insurmountable advantage. This does not require the illegals to be able to vote.

The above quoted post mentions "semantics to deceive people", I'll close with this quote.

"It is easier to con people than to convince them they have been conned. "

Many have been conned into thinking the problem at the border is just nothing more than people seeking a better life. As I said before there are some of those but what is happening at our border is far more sinister than that.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟2,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The Constitution places all responsibility of securing our national borders on the Federal Government. The SC ruled against this by a margin of 5-to-4, saying "that Texas is not permitted to protect itself from illegal border crossers. None of the justices provided any explanation for their vote."

"BUT the way that the Fed. Gov. is choosing to secure the border appears to be a violation of Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution.

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion;..."
I'm new here and never have time to read all the posts, but I had not heard of this scotus decision. When was it?

Last I heard, the case had been sent back to the appellate court.

In any case, I agree that the Constitution appears to have been totally disregarded!

scary times we live in......

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟2,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
...lie we can observe over and over is Trump saying that without a border there's no country, as if the border between Mexico and the USA disappears because migrants can cross it. The fact of reality is that people have been crossing back and forth across that border since long before his grandfather ever immigrated here, and the country hasn't ceased to exist. This falsehood is so far removed from reality, it's delusional.
Wow, I can't believe you say this! Do you realize terrorists and human traffickers and felons of other types have all come across the border and some have raped and/or murdered Americans? God knows when the next terrorist attack will happen or where. I gave you a thumb's up because I had only read your 1st paragraph - didn't see the rest of it.. But I disagree w/ this part of your comments 100%. It is true what Trump says, that we have no border. I have PTSD from evil done to me by human beings (legal ones, presumably), never could understand why this country does insane things like open the border to just any stranger! Did you hear about American land being sold to CHINA? And China doesn't even let its own people own land, much less can Americans own land over there! They've been allowed to buy land in the US right next to military installations!

Did America not have enough crime and mayhem and misery before 2021? ! :anguished:

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Frankly the attitude outlined here is only talking points from the left. The Idea that all of the hoards of illegals crossing the borders are just seeking a better life is nonsense. Yes there are some that seek a better life, but the numbers of those from counties with terrorist leanings should be a concern but is ignored by the left. What about the numbers of Chinese crossing the southern border? How did they get out of China into Mexico? What about the drugs coming across the border sent by the cartels? This INVASION is not just an organic quest for a better life , it is a promoted event by leftist policies.

Some may ask why would the left want and allow this INVASION? The answer is a simple one. POWER!

How does this give the left power?

1. Large numbers of potential new voters. (Some are actually calling for ILLEGALS to have the right to vote.)

2. Padding the population to increase the numbers of House seats in blue states and ultimately playing havoc in the electoral college, with hope the left will have an insurmountable advantage. This does not require the illegals to be able to vote.

The above quoted post mentions "semantics to deceive people", I'll close with this quote.

"It is easier to con people than to convince them they have been conned. "

Many have been conned into thinking the problem at the border is just nothing more than people seeking a better life. As I said before there are some of those but what is happening at our border is far more sinister than that.
I'm a centrist. The left/right dichotomy only exists to denote an objective center between two opposing yet equally valid subjective views (see Democracy/Autocracy).

Your description of the events will never fit into any TRUE left/right dichotomy because they are only expressions of a negative prejudice against "the left".

For example, there is plenty of evidence showing that these people who try to cross the border illegally are desperate and destitute. There's no evidence that they are players in a sinister plot contrived on "The Left". There's no evidence "the left" represents those who don't care about drug cartels committing crime in America and "the right" represents those who do care. You might just as well have said to me that "the right" represents those who slander the left. You can't logically assert that the power mongers are all on the left side and the right has no interest in holding power. After all, this is the base left/right political dichotomy, Democracy/Autocracy, upon which we reason the delegation of power.

It's even a strawman argument to assert that "the left" are against secure borders. There's no evidence that an increase in immigrants will benefit "the left". And there's no evidence that those Americans who care about these immigrants are conned into being led by brotherly love (the Spirit of God), whether on the left or right.

Moreover, it's polarizing to talk as if Democrats always fall on the left and Republicans always fall on the right. Liberal/Conservative moderates in both parties are objectively closer aligned around the center in any and every true left/right paradigm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, I can't believe you say this! Do you realize terrorists and human traffickers and felons of other types have all come across the border and some have raped and/or murdered Americans?
There are rapists and murderers that are born in this country, so I don't buy into the inference that they're trying to sneak in and rape and murder just because it's more fun to do it on this side of the border. Can't say I'm aware of terrorists trying to sneak in. For as long as I can remember, I have known about criminal drug cartels operating at the border and have even seen human traffickers crossing that border. And I can also see with my own eyes that the large numbers of people coming here and who have literally walked thousands of miles through jungles and desert with their little children in tow are desperate and destitute people. It's wrong to call them human traffickers and felons based on negative prejudice. Love others as you would want to be loved is what Jesus taught and that's what I'm going to do. People are going to choose for themselves what spirit to allow into their soul through belief/unbelief; but personally, I'm sick of demagogues preaching the fear of others.
It is true what Trump says, that we have no border.
What is it with Trump that some people believe every stupid hyperbolic thing he says? Surely, you're smart enough to know that if we had no border then there could be no illegal border crossings happening. Why can't he just say people are crossing illegally instead of doing the crazy fear talk? Contrary to Trump's hyperbole, there obviously IS a border and the proof is that people are crossing it illegally. Moreover, Trump didn't say we have no border; he said, IF we don't have a border than we have no country. He's preaching fear.
I have PTSD from evil done to me by human beings (legal ones, presumably), never could understand why this country does insane things like open the border to just any stranger! Did you hear about American land being sold to CHINA? And China doesn't even let its own people own land, much less can Americans own land over there! They've been allowed to buy land in the US right next to military installations!

Did America not have enough crime and mayhem and misery before 2021? ! :anguished:
Maybe you're easily frightened, but there's a difference between facts and fiction. I don't know you, but that doesn't give me the right to assume you're a rapist or murderer until you prove otherwise.

I know about the Chinese buying land. It's the amount of agricultural land that has become of concern for the Department of agriculture. If you're easily frightened, then you need to beware of demagogues preaching fear based on negative prejudice.
Senate votes restricting China from buying land

Last edited:
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟2,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
There are rapists and murderers that are born in this country, so I don't buy into the inference that they're trying to sneak in and rape and murder just because it's more fun to do it on this side of the border.
What? Don't put words in people's mouths! No one made an inference remotely like that

Can't say I'm aware of terrorists trying to sneak in.
you couldn't figure out that thtat was possible? probable?

... destitute people. It's wrong to call them human traffickers and felons based on negative prejudice.
so you just assume that I have a negative prejudice? Wow, what presumption! You don't know me from the man in the moon.

How about this: We can't even take care of our own people (homeless people are ubiquitous and there's more of them since this admin started), but we're letting a bunch of needy people in, who could do God knows what to our citizens?

As if that were not bad enough..
The Ds want voters! They know that if they are the party that let them in, they will likely vote D. The Ds know that America does not like their extremism, therefore they have a huge political incentive to ship in voters.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟2,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm a centrist. The left/right dichotomy only exists to denote an objective center between two opposing yet equally valid subjective views (see Democracy/Autocracy).
Have you heard that saying

If you're in the middle of the road, you will get run over.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you heard that saying

If you're in the middle of the road, you will get run over.
Yes, I have heard that saying; It means to not be indecisive. But that is referring to a True north/south dichotomy which deals in absolute positives and negatives, either affirming or negating. The True Left/Right dichotomy deals with finding the right balance between two opposing yet equally valid subjective views, and therefore it's meant to denote an objective center.

I'll show you how this works. This is the base political Left/Right dichotomy: Democracy/Autocracy. It is how we reason upon the delegation of power. Please note that as we move to the right the delegation of power becomes more centralized by degrees, ultimately ending with one person having all power (Autocracy). And as we move to the left the delegation of power becomes more decentralized by degrees, ultimately ending in each individual having equal power (Democracy). Ideologically, having equal say is what government of the people, for the people and by the people is meant to imply. However, since it's impossible to ensure that each and every person has a 100% equal say in how to govern, we have a Republic with democratically elected representatives, which is not a 100% Democracy, but neither is it a 100% autocracy.

Other good examples of left/right dichotomies are Consumer/Supplier, Employee/Employer, Buyer/Seller, Student/Teacher. Notice they are all opposing yet equally valid subjective views; So that if we take Buyer/Seller for example, which pertains to trade and the exchange of currency for goods, what is a better price for the seller is not going to be a better price for the buyer, and visa/versa what's going to be a good price for the buyer is going to be a bad price for the seller (see the stock exchange).

So as we can see, a left/right dichotomy does not deal with absolute positives and negatives because the positives and negatives are reversed depending upon whether you're a buyer or a seller. Therefore, we reason that there is a fair price somewhere in the center between a buyer and seller, using a left/right dichotomy, just as we do between democracy and autocracy. As I said, in a true left/right dichotomy we reason where to objectively find the right balance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are rapists and murderers that are born in this country, so I don't buy into the inference that they're trying to sneak in and rape and murder just because it's more fun to do it on this side of the border.
What? Don't put words in people's mouths! No one made an inference remotely like that
I didn't put words in anyone's mouth. Whenever anyone is repeating political propaganda by saying there are rapists and murderers sneaking into our country by illegally crossing the border, it's inferring that we should be afraid of these people. And I'm not going to just believe bad things said about other people, unless I see evidence. In fact, if someone is just saying bad things about others and supply no evidence, I'm going to see that as defamatory and distrust such a person because it's reckless.

But the other point that I wanted to make to show that it's falsehood, is that since sin is in all of mankind and doesn't stop or begin at the border, I pointed out that we already have rapists and murderers here, and therefore it's just fear and negative prejudice being peddled as a form of propaganda. And that's why I made the remark about how silly it would be for rapists and murderers to be trying to sneak in because it's more fun to rape and murder on this side of the border.
Can't say I'm aware of terrorists trying to sneak in.
you couldn't figure out that thtat was possible? probable?
Of course, it's possible. It's also possible they could come in on a plane with a valid passport. I wouldn't think or say it's probable, only because I am not going to allow someone to manipulate me through fear just because they know no one can disprove any assertion that there are terrorists sneaking in. Words have power so I'm careful what I believe. Once again, sin doesn't stop or end at the border, the facts show that we already have terrorists here that are actually real and not just possible or probable. The majority of acts of terrorism are by and large domestic terrorism.
... destitute people. It's wrong to call them human traffickers and felons based on negative prejudice.
so you just assume that I have a negative prejudice? Wow, what presumption! You don't know me from the man in the moon.
I didn't presume anything. To be clear, I wasn't attacking you personally so there's no need to get defensive. The phrase "negative prejudice" means to form a negative opinion about someone without any facts to support it (pre-conception). I'm simply stating it's wrong FOR ANYONE to call people felons and human traffickers if they don't know for a fact that they are.
How about this: We can't even take care of our own people (homeless people are ubiquitous and there's more of them since this admin started), but we're letting a bunch of needy people in, who could do God knows what to our citizens?
Whenever people say this, it brings to mind the story of how the apostles wanted Jesus to send all the people away to find food for themselves, but instead Jesus told his apostles to feed them with what little they had. That was when the loaves and the few fish they had miraculously multiplied and fed thousands. And afterward when they collected what was not eaten, they had more than what they started with.

I think what Jesus is teaching here is that when we share what little we have God gets us through. It's like I said in my first post, the devil wants to deceive us. He would want to scare us into sacrificing others to save ourselves, because having the courage to carry our cross and follow Jesus means to have the courage to sacrifice ourselves to save others.
As if that were not bad enough..
The Ds want voters! They know that if they are the party that let them in, they will likely vote D. The Ds know that America does not like their extremism, therefore they have a huge political incentive to ship in voters.
I've heard all kinds of propaganda against Democrats or "the left" and it always turns out to be falsehood. Given the choice, why wouldn't people prefer to believe people actually genuinely care for others because it's simply the right thing to do? It looks to me like they're projecting their own impure heart onto others.

That's why negative prejudice is just wrong. People shouldn't just believe whatever they hear about others, particularly when it's derogatory. It's wrong to want to believe bad things about others because they are Democrats or Republicans, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to believe good things about others. So as to avoid having the spirit of the devil dwelling in one's soul, I tell people to demand proof before you believe bad things said about others.
In scripture Devil=accuser/slanderer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟2,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The True Left/Right dichotomy deals with finding the right balance between two opposing yet equally valid subjective views, and therefore it's meant to denote an objective center.
EQUALLY VALID?! You've GOT to be kidding me!

This appears to be saying such things as this:

Those who believe murdering the unborn is OK have an equally valid viewpoint as those who believe it is egregiously wrong and that murder should never be legalized.

!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: th1bill
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟2,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I didn't put words in anyone's mouth. Whenever anyone is repeating political propaganda by saying there are rapists and murderers sneaking into our country by illegally crossing the border, it's inferring that we should be afraid of these people.
Yes, you did put words in my mouth or I should say MOTIVES in my heart!

And why do you accuse me of "repeating political propaganda" rather than thinking-- all on my own-- that it is wrong (disastrous) to destroy your country by letting total strangers in (at least a certain %age will be criminals and terrorists)!

We have enough criminals here already, thank you! We have enough human trafficking already! We have enough DISEASE.. enough deadly drugs like Fentayl ... enough murders..

The bleeding hearts do not EVER allow illegals into their own home, so it makes no sense whatsoever to allow them into our wider home, the USA. Do you think they can't find your personal home?! They can and it is likely they WILL

Jesus said to love others AS we love ourselves, not INSTEAD of ourselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you did put words in my mouth or I should say MOTIVES in my heart!
I didn't put words in your mouth, but I may have misunderstood your question. Are you saying I misjudged your motives? Let's settle this. This is what you said:
Do you realize terrorists and human traffickers and felons of other types have all come across the border and some have raped and/or murdered Americans? God knows when the next terrorist attack will happen or where.
The question is articulated in a way that I can neither simply answer yes or no, but overall, I took it as meaning to imply that we should be afraid because the immigrants that cross illegally could be human traffickers, felons, rapists or murderers or terrorists. This was my response: "There are rapists and murderers that are born in this country, so I don't buy into the inference that they're trying to sneak in and rape and murder just because it's more fun to do it on this side of the border."

My sentiment is in the context of American rapists and murderers already being here on this side of the border, which shows my intention was to make any inference that we should fear being raped or murdered by these immigrants a moot point.

(1) how is that putting words in your mouth?
(2) Did you intend to imply that we should fear that rapists and murderers and terrorists are sneaking into America to commit crimes or not?
(3) Did it offend you because I said I don't believe rape or murder are any more fun for rapists and murderers on this side of the border than the other side?

And why do you accuse me of "repeating political propaganda" rather than thinking-- all on my own-- that it is wrong (disastrous) to destroy your country by letting total strangers in (at least a certain %age will be criminals and terrorists)!
(1) I study semantics particular to psycholinguistics, with God's Spirit being the foundational Truth. Subsequently, I believe in spiritual powers of Light/darkness that precede us (higher powers), and that we are either servants to God's Truth or slaves to falsehood when reasoning in the moral/immoral paradigm. That's why my post was about how the devil deceives people into not loving others as their selves.
(2) It's been Trump's spiel since he first ran for office to characterize the people that seek to enter the USA at the southern border as undesirables, bringing crime and drugs.
(3) It is cruel to turn away families who have walked thousands of miles seeking asylum here in the USA. Nonetheless, Trump rationalized it as immoral to let them in because we don't know who they are, and by asserting that some percentage of these immigrants will commit crimes or rape or murder or could even be terrorists', which are allegations that he can neither prove nor disprove are any lesser or greater than the average percentage of criminal activity already common in the USA. In short, Trump has no proof that Americans are less sinful than these immigrants.
(4) During his campaign, Trump said he wanted to build a beautiful giant impenetrable wall made out of concrete and steel rebar that would be as much as fifty feet high and that he would get Mexico to pay for it. When knowledgeable people pointed out that two studies showed that the standard bollard fencing was the more practical way to go. Trump responded by insisting that a fence would not be as secure as his wall, which then morphed into the strawman argument (propaganda) that whoever was against the wall, was not for securing the border, which then morphed into the strawman argument that whoever is not for securing the border is for open borders and for destroying our country.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
EQUALLY VALID?! You've GOT to be kidding me!

This appears to be saying such things as this:

Those who believe murdering the unborn is OK have an equally valid viewpoint as those who believe it is egregiously wrong and that murder should never be legalized.

!!!!!
This issue doesn't qualify as a valid left/right dichotomy when you frame the left as pro murder. To be a valid left/right dichotomy they have to be two opposing yet equally valid subjective views where positives and negatives reverse as a matter of circumstance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0