Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
A Christian single is NEVER alone, he or she has the Holy Spirit.

Because apostle Paul said if you can help it, it's better to be single for the sake of the Lord.

The fact that it was God himself who said, "It is not good for the man to be alone" would disprove this statement you have made. if God was enough and all we needed, there would be no need for human relationships.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The fact that it was God himself who said, "It is not good for the man to be alone" would disprove this statement you have made. if God was enough and all we needed, there would be no need for human relationships.

And yet God had many prophets who never married. They died single.

Perhaps God only meant it for Adam only because Adam was literally alone at that time like literally the only man on Earth or Eden, etc, at that time.

It's not a rule nor law, just an option. An option that may or may not be good depending on circumstances. There were instances where marriage is seen as generally negative in the Bible like in the days of Noah, in the last days, and from Apostle Paul's writings.

We could be in the last days and may no longer be a good time to get married. You can bet on it, or not.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was also single (at least, according to the mainstream understanding).

Oddly enough, when I'm alone (I'm a solitude-junkie, lol), I *never* feel lonely, for some reason. My explanation for that is that there is an unseen realm in which souls reside right alongside us (that "cloud of witnesses" referenced in the bible, I suppose), as well as God Himself. While I personally don't have the ability to see spirits with my physical eyes (unfortunately), I might be sensing them, if I can accomplish not feeling lonely in such solitude.

Audrey Hepburn is quoted as saying, "I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel." I'm the same way. I work 40 hours a week, and I guard my personal time very carefully nowadays, for my own sake as well as for the sake of anyone who has to put up with me the rest of the time! :)

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian

Perhaps God only meant it for Adam only because Adam was literally alone at that time like literally the only man on Earth or Eden, etc, at that time.

It's not a rule nor law, just an option. An option that may or may not be good depending on circumstances. There were instances where marriage is seen as generally negative in the Bible like in the days of Noah, in the last days, and from Apostle Paul's writings.

We could be in the last days and may no longer be a good time to get married. You can bet on it, or not.
It does not apply to everyone. But, it does apply to the masses and with over 60% of men likely to never marry in this society, that's a pretty big problem that's going to wreck havoc in the world in the coming years.

I believe we could also be in the last days as well... I was single by circumstance back when I was younger and now it's by choice being older. Too much nonsense and chaos out there, just like Paul witnessed in the town of Corinth. I still wish I had someone, of any level of depth to talk to. I have acquaintances but never had a real friend/partner, ever and that has always bothered me. I am fine alone but when I do get around people, I feel lonely so maybe I'm just meant to be alone. I get massages once every 2 weeks to help relieve my skin hunger problem.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

And there is going to be no more marriages in Heaven or anything that resembles marriage. Woo-pee. So much for that great design.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And there is going to be no more marriages in Heaven or anything that resembles marriage. Woo-pee. So much for that great design.

We were needed to fill the Earth twice. In the beginning and after the flood. In those times, procreation was very important.

In the coming life, people didn't die anymore, at least WE didn't which means procreation is no longer needed. People are like children in the Kingdom of God and they were indeed. They all seem to lack the need for coupling and were idealists in nature just like children.

Procreation wasn't important in times of over-population as well.

When God commanded humanity to "fill the Earth" it wasn't just a matter of increasing our numbers but also to venture out. To go far beyond our place of birth. To settle far and wide and NOT congregate in one place in large numbers like we see in cities. Congestion is NOT God's plan for us but the devil's.

Crime, congestion, destitution/poverty, pollution, disease, uncleanliness, immorality are all products of people living in close proximity to each other in large numbers. It happened first in the Tower of Babel in the world's first large city and God scattered everyone far and wide to teach us the right way to live.

The Earth could only sustain a non-congested population up to the times of Ancient Egypt. Come New Testament, and the time of Christ's birth on Earth, the Earth was already over-populated then and the followers of God no longer had the urgency to get married because further congestion would only keep on worsening living conditions here on Earth as well as destroying natural habitats.

It probably isn't what the Apostles have in mind but they could certainly sense it isn't important anymore.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
Crime, congestion, destitution/poverty, pollution, disease, uncleanliness, immorality are all products of people living in close proximity to each other in large numbers. It happened first in the Tower of Babel in the world's first large city and God scattered everyone far and wide to teach us the right way to live.

This is why many wealthy folks buy land, have homes on several acres and live out a bit from the inner city as they know these things come with being too close to too many people.

Upvote 0

aNewMan

Sep 8, 2023
Sacramento
✟1,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately I think a lot of Christians likely unintentionally made marriage somewhat of a Golden Calf, with married Christians and church leadership kind of giving the unintentional impression that singleness is a lesser/inferior state than being married.

I have a different view, God cares more about our Salvation than whether a Christian marries in this life or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A Christian single is NEVER alone, he or she has the Holy Spirit.

Because apostle Paul said if you can help it, it's better to be single for the sake of the Lord.
The amount of resentment I have for anyone who brings up this line of thought is beyond the words Christianforums would let me use.

No, it's not necessarily better to remain single. No amount of telling single folks who want partners this is going to magically make things better.

Reactions: TheLastGeek
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The amount of resentment I have for anyone who brings up this line of thought is beyond the words Christianforums would let me use.

No, it's not necessarily better to remain single. No amount of telling single folks who want partners this is going to magically make things better.

I'm sorry. I never meant my post to make anyone feel bad about themselves.

I understand exactly what you feel. I just don't always realize how the things I say would affect others. This is on me absolutely.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Figured I'd bump this thread as with the state of people are leading more and more solitary lives, it's sad. If you google "the loneliness epidemic for men", you'll see a ton of topics on this.

It's leading men or just people in general into a state of depression and other mentally unhealthy states.

This is much worse in young adults (ages 20s and 30s)

It's been happening in Japan for a while now, as people are doing less and less in-person gatherings. People glued to their phones and social media

Upvote 0