Is this world but a prelude to the next?

Anna the Seeker

Oct 27, 2014
✟8,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This may step into the zone of philosophy amid the Revelation related faith, but I'm interested in your answers about the subject.

Do you think that this world is but a dream before waking, or prelude before the opera? Introduction before the play? That the end of the world and Jesus' arrival actually signals the turning point of all these things?

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This may step into the zone of philosophy amid the Revelation related faith, but I'm interested in your answers about the subject.

Do you think that this world is but a dream before waking, or prelude before the opera? Introduction before the play? That the end of the world and Jesus' arrival actually signals the turning point of all these things?
Paul taught that things in the old testament like the temple were patterned after the true - which is in heaven.

In the old testament are therefore many many principles, patterns, and shadows that testify of Jesus.

So in that context, this world could said to be a patterned after, and shadowing the new earth, after the millennium reign, the world to come, but not as glorious of the world to come, the New heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,922.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are correct, Dougg, there will be a NHNE eventually.
Before that is the Millennium, which will be a wonderful time.
But before the Return of Jesus and His Mill reign, there is coming a difficult time, that will test us all. 1 Peter 4:12
We must be ready for it and hold firm to our faith until the end.

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

(That the end of the world and Jesus' arrival actually signals the turning point of all these things?)

This sounds close, as if we'll be on the home stretch. When investigating the eschatology component of the Bible, I sometimes wonder why God would do the things in the ways that He has. I do realize that His ways are infinitely higher than mine, but if He knows our minds and our thoughts, why does He require us to be tested at certain times and allow Lucifer's agents to put us to death?

Can it be that our physical death is really not that big of a deal to the Lord? No one will be able to snatch us out of His hand? Or is there a far bigger purpose being worked out down here below? I've heard it suggested that our intended role might be to replace one third of the angelic community taken by Lucifer. Considering the possibility that God is about to allow Lucifer to appear on Earth and kill one third of mankind, millions more saints may be slated to die.

It could be that this all is not just about us. God is allowing the curse of sin to run it's unfortunate course for the entire universe to witness. Our actions and behavior are on display for the angelic community to see. Evil actions and behavior are also on display for the angelic community to see. When evil individuals are annihilated on judgment day, there will be no questions with regard to why God would do the things that He has. It had to be demonstrated to the universe what would occur if sin was allowed to exist.

Considering that He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, then the sufferings of this present world are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. Then we can all marvel at the presence of the Lord and at the glory of His might.

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It is a migration from temporal life in the earthly body to eternal life in the Celestial angelic body.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,922.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It is a migration from temporal life in the earthly body to eternal life in the Celestial angelic body.
This idea is not what scripture tells us. God made angels to inhabit heaven and humans to inhabit earth. There is no reason or Biblical teaching to switch.
At no stage do humans go to heaven and eventually God Himself will come down and dwell with us on earth. Revelation 21:3 Those saints resurrected at the Return, stay on earth and reign with Jesus. Revelation 20:4

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This idea is not what scripture tells us. God made angels to inhabit heaven and humans to inhabit earth. There is no reason or Biblical teaching to switch.
At no stage do humans go to heaven and eventually God Himself will come down and dwell with us on earth. Revelation 21:3 Those saints resurrected at the Return, stay on earth and reign with Jesus. Revelation 20:4

No, Jesus said I go to my Father's house in heaven to prepare a place for you, so that where I am, there you shall also be. It is a heavenly realm dwelling and not a terrestrial earthly dwelling. Also the Sadducees tested Jesus regarding the wife that had all seven brothers, where they asked him to whom she belongs in the resurrection. Jesus replies that neither will have her as wife, because in the resurrection neither will marry but will be like the Angels in heaven.

I think Paul describes the existence in the resurrection as something else, something that we have not experience and something that is vastly different to the terrestrial life we are living today.

1 Corinthians 15:46-49
46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

We are destined for the heavenly realm and not a terrestrial earthly one which is the same as we have experienced in this life.

Paul explains this very clearly.

1 Corinthians 15:35-40
35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39All flesh isnot the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. 40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

Paul is hinting that the earthly body cannot be raised unless it first dies. Paul uses an analogy where life starts out like a seed and then dies to be raised into something else. As he says the earthly body that was sowed will not be the body that will be raised. It is clear isn't it? He goes on to contrast the two as the body terrestrial which is earthy and the body celestial which is heavenly, that belongs in Christ's Father's house.

Christ's Father's house is not the earthly realm is it?

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks for your hint.

Jesus bless u all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,922.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Christ's Father's house is not the earthly realm is it?
Not now, it isn't, but it was in Adams day and it will be again, after the Millennium.
There is no scripture that clearly says Christians go to live in heaven. Only by inference, wrong interpretations and putting in words that aren't there, can this theory seem to be possible.
But there are several verses that say people won't go to heaven; John 3:13, John 17:15 and all the Lord's righteous people gather in the holy Land soon after the Sixth Seal. Revelation 7:9

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not now, it isn't, but it was in Adams day and it will be again, after the Millennium.
There is no scripture that clearly says Christians go to live in heaven. Only by inference, wrong interpretations and putting in words that aren't there, can this theory seem to be possible.
But there are several verses that say people won't go to heaven; John 3:13, John 17:15 and all the Lord's righteous people gather in the holy Land soon after the Sixth Seal. Revelation 7:9

What did Jesus say is the most important verse that directly answers.

Matthew 22:30
In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven.

You do believe in a bodily resurrection don't you?

Or do you think that you are going to walk around in your human body alongside the risen Lord whilst others are procreating elsewhere?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,922.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Again, your verse fails to prove that humans go to heaven. Matthew 22:30 says we will be like the angels of heaven, NOT that we will be in heaven.
My concern at present is to warn people of the soon to happen Lord's Day of wrath and because there is no rapture, all Christian's should be aware of what will happen and be mentally prepared for it.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again, your verse fails to prove that humans go to heaven. Matthew 22:30 says we will be like the angels of heaven, NOT that we will be in heaven.
My concern at present is to warn people of the soon to happen Lord's Day of wrath and because there is no rapture, all Christian's should be aware of what will happen and be mentally prepared for it.

Don't let me stop you. Go ahead.

Upvote 0