Is this morphing into a thing?

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Firstly, please forgive me for my part of any offenses I have caused known and unknown as this thread talks of my guilt too.

As alternative reality clashes with critical thinking is it dividing us against each other as the critical thinker says I told you so with an attitude of superiority over the MSM posters? Its easy to air superiority through toxicity as we see," whats your source, facts" and one of the responses is, "I have no time to fact check a source" I have done this too, recently and both scenarios.

I can feel that pain in trust betrayed in a system that is slowly destroying itself a "I told you so", may feel good, but it does nothing for the brother or sister we say it to as it hurts them in a way there is no Christian way out . So the toxicity level rises and we are only human so the one offended either leaves or takes the offense to the next level and lashes out too.

Those that use alternative sources than MSM are having a great time right now as I was too but as I shout, "I told you so", it is not helping the problem but it does message the ego, while not seen in a sidebar context is the separation we are causing right here in our CF to the feelings of our brothers and sisters who trusted the MSM.

Me being to late to understand the human side of this debacle is now realizing its not the peoples fault in trusting the MSM but it took a good friend to show me some things in a self inventory of what I (and yes some you guys too, yet I still love yall as I hope you guys can still love me as i am guilty too as I drop this elephant in the forum.) am doing.

So, I guess this is a pole of sorts in , is this now a thing in this forum?

Reactions: Rion

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Part of the issue here is that some of us have been documenting our posts for years ... but it's never enough. Adversaries, and trolls, can always claim they need more ... and so, lacking other arguments, they often do.

The current phase will hopefully soon pass. It is perhaps a shock to some that the mainstream media has engaged in what some charitably describe as simply journalistic malpractice. The truth is that the best way for anyone to understand the bias and lies perpetuated by the mainstream media is to actually investigate for themselves ... yes, actually read from sources other than the mainstream media, go to the original sources if possible and determine the truth for oneself.

The mainstream media will either get better, or they will be soon be replaced with media which serves the American public better. The current intense focus on FAKE News will not allow the mainstream press to continue on as it has been. Whether the mainstream media cleans up its act or is simply replaced, as technology has allowed to happen in other industries, matters not.

• Agree
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I do pity them, but most of them are not facing the fact that the media is lying to them, and has been for some time. Most of them have denied reality and so, the more and more difficult it becomes to reject reality, the more and more outraged and panicked they become.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Part of the issue here is that some of us have been documenting our posts for years ... but it's never enough. Adversaries, and trolls, can always claim they need more ... and so, lacking other arguments, they often do.

The current phase will hopefully soon pass. It is perhaps a shock to some that the mainstream media has engaged in what some charitably describe as simply journalistic malpractice. The truth is that the best way for anyone to understand the bias and lies perpetuated by the mainstream media is to actually investigate for themselves ... yes, actually read from sources other than the mainstream media, go to the original sources if possible and determine the truth for oneself.

The mainstream media will either get better, or they will be soon be replaced with media which serves the American public better. The current intense focus on FAKE News will not allow the mainstream press to continue on as it has been. Whether the mainstream media cleans up its act or is simply replaced, as technology has allowed to happen in other industries, matters not.

I get it. Its like a conspiracy theory made factual and I shouted it from a roof top with a megaphone right in the ear of a MSM poster hoping it busted a drum. Yet, we need unity not divisiveness no matter what a brother or sister uses as source , right? We got to brush em off lift them up & most importantly apologize for our parts in the tearing down and tell them its not their fault for trusting. Its in hopes this thread may unite some.

I have used MSM in pure laziness .

It's really not the fault of the person, its the betrayal of trust in the media, right.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I do pity them, but most of them are not facing the fact that the media is lying to them, and has been for some time. Most of them have denied reality and so, the more and more difficult it becomes to reject reality, the more and more outraged and panicked they become.

I can see that too for some. However, someone needs to walk the higher road not of divisiveness but of unity. Is that someone you?

Its the road less traveled unpaved with pot holes in it and pebbles to cut the feet . Now before you start on that holier than thou thing. I am in no way innocent. I am saying maybe I can follow an example like you.

After pity comes compassion , right?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I can see that too for some. However, someone needs to walk the higher road not of divisiveness but of unity. Is that someone you?

Its the road less traveled unpaved with pot holes in it and pebbles to cut the feet . Now before you start on that holier than thou thing. I am in no way innocent. I am saying maybe I can follow an example like you.

I have compassion, and I try to be gentle, but I'm not perfect, and sometimes the people clinging to their nonsense can be really, really frustrating.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Wisdom is knowing when to fight the war ... and when to be magnanimous.

Reactions: FanthatSpark
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Unity and peace are a good thing for sure.....

however, agreement, for the sake of "peace" is a dangerous thing.

Jesus wasn't always "agreeable" for the sake of "peace".

Reminds me of the battered women syndrome where the battered woman is to told to just go along and keep her mouth shut for the sake of "peace", and much to her own demise, she does.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have compassion, and I try to be gentle, but I'm not perfect, and sometimes the people clinging to their nonsense can be really, really frustrating.

I understand that and have experienced that very same thing. Now however, you have truth on your side and truth needs no defending. Thus you can say "I give you a truth", and post the source. Let them deny for the next couple of weeks as this debacle exposes itself.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I understand that and have experienced that very same thing. Now however, you have truth on your side and truth needs no defending. Thus you can say "I give you a truth", and post the source. Let them deny for the next couple of weeks as this debacle exposes itself.

Ok, you might be on to something there.

Listening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Unity and peace are a good thing for sure.....

however, agreement, for the sake of "peace" is a dangerous thing.

Jesus wasn't always "agreeable" for the sake of "peace".

Reminds me of the battered women syndrome where the battered woman is to told to just go along and keep her mouth shut for the sake of "peace", and much to her own demise, she does.

Not saying silence just saying presentation is key, right?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Not saying silence just saying presentation is key, right?

That's a BIG order, amigo.

It doesn't help that i'm heartbroken for my country and this world and there are innumerable paid shills, for instance, to disparage both to the umpteenth degree....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I tried that when I first came back. The problem is that we're dealing with a wing of the left that denies truth can even exist. Actual liberals and the progressive left are finally starting to split, and it's going to be ugly.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I tried that when I first came back. The problem is that we're dealing with a wing of the left that denies truth can even exist. Actual liberals and the progressive left are finally starting to split, and it's going to be ugly.

Yes, it always gets ugly until ugly does not work any more and it is up to you in how much of "self" you divest in it. See, we have been shaking the stove to make pop corn so long some folks just don't know we can shake the pan.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Firstly, please forgive me for my part of any offenses I have caused known and unknown as this thread talks of my guilt too.

As alternative reality clashes with critical thinking is it dividing us against each other as the critical thinker says I told you so with an attitude of superiority over the MSM posters? Its easy to air superiority through toxicity as we see," whats your source, facts" and one of the responses is, "I have no time to fact check a source" I have done this too, recently and both scenarios.

I can feel that pain in trust betrayed in a system that is slowly destroying itself a "I told you so", may feel good, but it does nothing for the brother or sister we say it to as it hurts them in a way there is no Christian way out . So the toxicity level rises and we are only human so the one offended either leaves or takes the offense to the next level and lashes out too.

Those that use alternative sources than MSM are having a great time right now as I was too but as I shout, "I told you so", it is not helping the problem but it does message the ego, while not seen in a sidebar context is the separation we are causing right here in our CF to the feelings of our brothers and sisters who trusted the MSM.

Me being to late to understand the human side of this debacle is now realizing its not the peoples fault in trusting the MSM but it took a good friend to show me some things in a self inventory of what I (and yes some you guys too, yet I still love yall as I hope you guys can still love me as i am guilty too as I drop this elephant in the forum.) am doing.

So, I guess this is a pole of sorts in , is this now a thing in this forum?

I'm not sure I understand. Are we really supposed to pretend to believe all the stuff the alt-right is making about about the MSM lying?

Upvote 0