✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Way to dodge the point.

It's an honest request. According to some, Pewdiepie and his followers are now alt-right. The term has become a buzz word to throw at anyone you happen to dislike.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟488,620.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's an honest request.

I don't agree.

The term has become a buzz word to throw at anyone you happen to dislike.

I don't know that I've ever seen, say, Obama accused of being part of it. In the context of this discussion and the abandoning of the mainstream for alternative right-wing media it seems appropriate.

And I can't help but notice that there's no discussion of the actual basis of the OP - that is, that the MSM is obviously wrong.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't agree.
You don't want to answer ... or can't?
I don't know that I've ever seen, say, Obama accused of being part of it. In the context of this discussion and the abandoning of the mainstream for alternative right-wing media it seems appropriate.
That is enlightening. Just so you know, that is not the generally accepted definition for "alt-right" though.
And I can't help but notice that there's no discussion of the actual basis of the OP - that is, that the MSM is obviously wrong.
Perhaps because that's not the focus of the OP?

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm not sure I understand. Are we really supposed to pretend to believe all the stuff the alt-right is making about about the MSM lying?

Alt Right, Really?

See , there is a communication gap in the language of labels. Alt right , left, conservative, liberal on and on this can go. If we use a label to describe then you must enter this arena (American Politics) with a trust no one attitude and a very thick skin to verbal abuse. If you , like me, humanize people and don't label them one can go deeper than the barrier or acceptance set for the label.

Right now I am typing this post under the assumption Alt is Alternative reality and I have no idea what "right" is. For me , these get in the way of critical thinking because if I allow a label in my mind I must set an attitude towards it .

Right now it comes down to how much work the poster is putting in the source or sources. I have always found this as an ice breaker that I know you already know...

" Here are three truths; please prove them wrong". Then info overload of several sources to back said truth and leave it, don't defend it, it defends itself. However, if you are looking for an argument in that truth its like you brought a tank to a fist fight with a three year old, right? That is just self gratification in being right.

Here's the thing about backing a lie we believe to the core of our being. In that lie is plenty of beat down from these threads twitter etc.. etc... And time always tells it ,even to the hard core believer for they get tired of the beat down and start thinking maybe, possibly...

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟214,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As alternative reality clashes with critical thinking is it dividing us against each other as the critical thinker says I told you so with an attitude of superiority over the MSM posters?
Way to poison the well re your claim that you are the "critical thinker" and MSM posters are not.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Way to poison the well re your claim that you are the "critical thinker" and MSM posters are not.
I believe the context was about those blindly defending the mainstream media. Certainly, there are critical thinkers here who get much of their news from the MSM.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Hi Daisy,

I think I said somewhere in here I have used MSM too and I am willing to accept my faults . I come in this forum at times just for giggles and have posted some tin hat stuff or strait one source MSM stuff. My faults are bared right here for your forgiveness/or not because the healing has to start somewhere, right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I tried that when I first came back. The problem is that we're dealing with a wing of the left that denies truth can even exist. Actual liberals and the progressive left are finally starting to split, and it's going to be ugly.

Denial of truth, or existence thereof, is not limited to one political outlook.

Upvote 0