Curious for discussion, how others have experienced anything similar, or any directions or instructions ?

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Who-so-ever is looking for or seeking to have or to work out their salvation, where have you looked ?

I once told the Creator that no where was being honest nor truthful - no church, no business, no teacher, no pastor , no priest, no anybody... and He Did Not Disagree.
I told the Creator, if you want me to be yours, or to be or to do anything for you, you will have to accomplish it, because I don't see how - I don't see anyone, anywhere, to trust or who knows.

He Answered."

Since then, I meet individuals along the way who have once trusted Jesus, whether they continued to or stopped, or stopped - started - stopped - started ..... and so on , or maybe the most heart wrenching, someone who says they once trusted, but stopped and never trusted again, yet, in their own words...

I think it is nearly impossible to know if someone, anyone, not in person, is a faithful one or not . On the internet it is too easy to be something one is not, and usually , as far as I know , cannot be verified, so it is at least awkward, slow baby steps ... getting to meet or to know anyone or any group...

Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me if you have faith and you believe the teachings of Jesus found in the pages of the bible, the only thing left to do is the application of His teachings in your life. The seeking first His Kingdom and His righteousness by living the teachings. If you find spiritual revelation in your humble walk with God, your stepping in the correct direction.
Seek like minded individuals, or not. Be an example to people you live with and come into contact with, and the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth as promised.
If you thrive on human companionship visit local churches until you find one that you are willing to compromise with. We are all sinners needing the grace of our God most high.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"Who-so-ever is looking for or seeking to have or to work out their salvation, where have you looked ?

I once told the Creator that no where was being honest nor truthful - no church, no business, no teacher, no pastor , no priest, no anybody... and He Did Not Disagree.
I told the Creator, if you want me to be yours, or to be or to do anything for you, you will have to accomplish it, because I don't see how - I don't see anyone, anywhere, to trust or who knows.

He Answered."

Since then, I meet individuals along the way who have once trusted Jesus, whether they continued to or stopped, or stopped - started - stopped - started ..... and so on , or maybe the most heart wrenching, someone who says they once trusted, but stopped and never trusted again, yet, in their own words...

I think it is nearly impossible to know if someone, anyone, not in person, is a faithful one or not . On the internet it is too easy to be something one is not, and usually , as far as I know , cannot be verified, so it is at least awkward, slow baby steps ... getting to meet or to know anyone or any group...
for us, it’s not our place to judge the state of an individual, since we can’t see their heart or how God is working on them.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
for us, it’s not our place to judge the state of an individual, since we can’t see their heart or how God is working on them.
When I was looking for honesty, for truth, for God 'if He cared', I was more serious and more desperate than when a parent looks for a baby sitter for their infant children.

How do you judge a baby sitter as worthy or not worthy to be responsible for babies who are your responsibility ?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When I was looking for honesty, for truth, for God 'if He cared', I was more serious and more desperate than when a parent looks for a baby sitter for their infant children.

How do you judge a baby sitter as worthy or not worthy to be responsible for babies who are your responsibility ?
sorry, not sure I follow

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
sorry, not sure I follow
When looking for a fellowship, perhaps is the simplest most direct possible question to answer,

and it is written I think, to look for those who are faithful in whatever city one is in.

So many people have been hurt by so many 'authorities'/ politic , medic, financ, educ, religious, and so on... and maybe most by their own family, wittingly or unwittingly....

where can someone find the faithful ones , the trustworthy ones, the honest ones, caring for one another as written in Scripture ? without all the personal or anonymous hurts inflicted, damage caused, instead of the usual uncaring unconcern for nurturing and growth in Jesus, good caring, good concern for growth in Jesus ? This is or may be too subjective, or even too much about emotion or feelings, I don't know.... but aren't we all looking for caring people ? For honest people ? Yes, there are some, but like a song says I think, hard to find.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When looking for a fellowship, perhaps is the simplest most direct possible question to answer,

and it is written I think, to look for those who are faithful in whatever city one is in.

So many people have been hurt by so many 'authorities'/ politic , medic, financ, educ, religious, and so on... and maybe most by their own family, wittingly or unwittingly....

where can someone find the faithful ones , the trustworthy ones, the honest ones, caring for one another as written in Scripture ? without all the personal or anonymous hurts inflicted, damage caused, instead of the usual uncaring unconcern for nurturing and growth in Jesus, good caring, good concern for growth in Jesus ? This is or may be too subjective, or even too much about emotion or feelings, I don't know.... but aren't we all looking for caring people ? For honest people ? Yes, there are some, but like a song says I think, hard to find.
that’s not what you should look for. rather, look for the Body that has preserved the Truth, because there you will have Christ as He is in spite of man’s fallenness.

Upvote 0