Is this kind of "Christian" feminism ok or am i in error?

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This I agree with. Salvation is not by perfect obedience, but by faith. Even if you fail miserably to abide by these commands, the one who trusts in Christ will not be ashamed (in terms of condemnation).

However, the commandments are there for a reason, and we are to admonish and be admonished by them (2 Timothy 4:2). You can not grow in Christ if you are taken captive by the philosophies of this world rather than the doctrines of Christ. And I would rather encourage growth than stagnation, and surrender rather than stubbornness.

That said, I look forward to seeing all my brothers and sisters in the Kingdom, including the ones that annoyed me with their mulish behaviour all these years ^_^

I agree. i mean i am careful to keep the actual commnadments. this OP i created is not really about any of the mandatory commnandments though- it is mostly about opinions.... i dont see any of my posts as being related to unBiblical or worldly philosophies though. i mean, having boundaries in realtionships is not worldy. we are to shake the dust off our feet and move on from those who mistreat us. When Jesus said "turn the other cheek" He actually meant, walk away, do not retaliate.

iwhen people are unkind i walk away from them and forgive them and make sure i have no bitterness against them and then continue my walk with God. i may pray for them but at a safe distance. when it comes to unbelievers of course that is different. we are called to sufer for the sake of spreading the gospel. my father was a beiliever though and my mum never needed to stay with him......if abeliever abuses you, you can walk away.

I recommend the book Boundaries by Drs Cloud and Townsend, it is Biblically based. it has helped me so much in my walk with Jesus.

Jesus provides us witrh resources that can help us- i used otthinl psychology was evil and sinful because my church thought so then the Lord showed me otherwise. the christina kind is mostly very helpful.....but i alsways ssay that if any of them say somethign that contradicts the Bible, i am quick to throw them out. spit out the bones, as it were.

bless you

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree. i mean i am careful to keep the actual commnadments. this OP i created is not really about any of the mandatory commnandments though- it is mostly about opinions.... i dont see any of my posts as being related to unBiblical or worldly philosophies though. i mean, having boundaries in realtionships is not worldy. we are to shake the dust off our feet and move on from those who mistreat us. When Jesus said "turn the other cheek" He actually meant, walk away, do not retaliate.

iwhen people are unkind i walk away from them and forgive them and make sure i have no bitterness against them and then continue my walk with God. i may pray for them but at a safe distance. when it comes to unbelievers of course that is different. we are called to sufer for the sake of spreading the gospel. my father was a beiliever though and my mum never needed to stay with him......if abeliever abuses you, you can walk away.

I recommend the book Boundaries by Drs Cloud and Townsend, it is Biblically based. it has helped me so much in my walk with Jesus.

Jesus provides us witrh resources that can help us- i used otthinl psychology was evil and sinful because my church thought so then the Lord showed me otherwise. the christina kind is mostly very helpful.....but i alsways ssay that if any of them say somethign that contradicts the Bible, i am quick to throw them out. spit out the bones, as it were.

bless you

As I have designated though, its the Scripture that says we are to endure abuses, even physical, and are actually called to do this (1 Peter 2:20-24). Even in a master and slave relationship this is true (1 Peter 2:18-19). It is a hard teaching to accept in this pampered culture that we might actually have to bleed, perhaps even endure oppression from another. But it is in this life that we lay ourselves down, and Christ afterwards who will take it up again. The one who sows sparingly reaps sparingly, and the one who sows generously will reap generously in all things.

I don't know how anyone could read Scripture and the example of Christ and think that less endurance and avoidance of suffering is going to produce any pleasure in God and reward from Him on account of it.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Bella, i agree with you. i also have to be careful with what teachings i let in. the fruit of the spirit is JOY, PEACE, LOVE etc not fear or condemnation.

The Internet provides a medium for interaction and discourse. Familiarity doesn’t set aside the reality we’re strangers or the necessity of vetting the information we encounter. For some, this is the lone source of human engagement. They lack friends and companions whose discourse and influence would aid their growth and countenance.

Although I’m not a feminist, I’m making a concerted effort to listen and see ideologies from different perspectives. When I mentioned ease I’m acknowledging the absence of consequences and experiences which may have led me to a different conclusion.

I can’t admonish someone for undergoing difficulties they were powerless to stop. Or expect them to behave like it never happened. We respond to challenges differently. Sanctification is a process. Just because I excel in a principle doesn’t mean I can condemn those who don’t. Understanding their perspective enhances my empathy.

i am not looking for pity when i say that protecting myself from a destructive teaching may be the difference between still living and hopefully overcoming and enduring until i see my saviour's face and suicide. and yes i have been in that place and attempted it..... that is why i practice a lot of self care.

You’ve endured many horrors. God is working through your pain and sloughing off the old. Self-care isn’t indulgent. We are temples of the living God.

it is not indulgence, it is neccessary. mental health issues are like cancer or diabetes, they need treatment and care, not unhelpful theology and i am thankful Bella that you are someone who understands that.

I have walked alongside many who’ve had similar experiences. Seeing them bettered and aiding in their welfare was very fulfilling. I understand brokenness because I’ve been there.

God bless you. keep being you. God has used you in these forums to help encourage a very weary sister and that is a good fruit. when we lift one another's burdens we are doing the Lord's work.

Thank you for the compliment. I enjoy watching God’s movement in a person’s life. We’re all masterpieces in the making. If I’ve added a morsel of goodness to your life I am honored to do so. :)

~Bella

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think there are things in the Bible which are God's commandments and mandates and things that are not though

eg nowhere in Bilble are all women or all men mandated to marry and bear children. that is a decision between each individual and God. God's plan will not be the same for me as it is for another believer etc

nowhere in Bible are women told to stay with parents after age 18 until thy get married. that was a cultural thing not a commandment.

nowhere in Bible are women forbidden to have jobs. what Bible does say is wives and mothers should be sure to be good keepers at home, so obviously if a wife or mother takes a job, it shoud be one that does not detract from her homemaking and parenting duties

nowhere does it say in Bible that women have to dress a certian way beyond that women should dress modestly and not flaunt their wealth using church as a fashion show and that one should not cause one's brothers to stumble. so clothes that dont reveal breasts or the lower down bits is a good way to go. not revealing too much skin and making men lust or feel uncomfortable around us. but that is as far as it goes. churches that say hair must be a certian length, or clothes must only be dark or grey colours or have no or adornment on them is not Biblical.

re; women pastors or priests, i believe that was a culture specific thing for certain churches in Paul's day but i could be wrong on that. i myself am not desiring to be a woman pastor, so am not in any sin. going to a church with women pastors- well, i do that, but that is betwen those pastors and God. if they are convicted of sinning, that is for them to step down and resign. their sin is not on me. am responsible for my own sin

I have not anywhere in my original post, sugegsted flouting mandates or commandments at all.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I have designated though, its the Scripture that says we are to endure abuses, even physical, and are actually called to do this (1 Peter 2:20-24). Even in a master and slave relationship this is true (1 Peter 2:18-19). It is a hard teaching to accept in this pampered culture that we might actually have to bleed, perhaps even endure oppression from another. But it is in this life that we lay ourselves down, and Christ afterwards who will take it up again. The one who sows sparingly reaps sparingly, and the one who sows generously will reap generously in all things.

I don't know how anyone could read Scripture and the example of Christ and think that less endurance and avoidance of suffering is going to produce any pleasure in God and reward from Him on account of it.

Well, am not going back to live with my abuser. He is reponsible fo rHis own sin. m,y only role is to forgive him and not hold bitter feelings towards him.... he is a born again christian, so my leaving him has not harmedhim in any way....

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
if God wants to throw me into Hell for not going back to my abuser, so be it...... in the meantime i need ot work on my healing with my therapist who sis a born again Christian.... maybe this time of seperation from my family is neccessary for me to work onmy mental health and learn a bit of independence.....my therapist is a a born again christian and priest and he says a time of seperation is ok if i need it. i feel no guilt at all on leaving my abuser......just thr thought of kiving with him again means i get panic attacks and harm myself.... i

pampered culture? i dont come form your country.... i am european living in UK at moment. my background was not pampered.....a lot of hardship if you must now

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
to be honest i wil kill myself rather than endure another night of wondering whether my abuser will hurt me again.....what he did to me violates several commandments in the Bible...

Jesus came to me and told me i needed to work on my mental health before letting myself get involved with any man again... sorry but if what i am doing is isn, why did Jesus provide to me a trauma therapist who is aborn agin on fore for Jesus Christian? and a church that supports me in my deciison to leave.. my abuser was a born again christian minister...his soul will be fine if i leave him........am not concerned about him going to hell- that is for God to deal with

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don’t believe Christ ever used that sentiment.

~Bella

In the context of commanding to submit to masters:

"If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings;" (1 Timothy 6:3-4)

"And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." (Mark 7:9)

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
am done here....am happy with my decision in leaving my abuser.... i ahve always had an oversensitive conscinece- severe OCD, born in a fire and brimstone kind of family......i know what conviction is and i dont feel any conviction over this.......it i sprobably th eonly decision in my life i dont regret or feel guilty over

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the context of commanding to submit to masters:

"If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings;" (1 Timothy 6:3-4)

"And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." (Mark 7:9)

marriage i snt master and slave. marriage is a partnership.

• Winner
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
if God wants to throw me into Hell for not going back to my abuser, so be it...... in the meantime i need ot work on my healing with my therapist who sis a born again Christian.... maybe this time of seperation from my family is neccessary for me to work onmy mental health and learn a bit of independence.....my therapist is a a born again christian and priest and he says a time of seperation is ok if i need it. i feel no guilt at all on leaving my abuser......just thr thought of kiving with him again means i get panic attacks and harm myself.... i

pampered culture? i dont come form your country.... i am european living in UK at moment. my background was not pampered.....a lot of hardship if you must now

This whole obedience or hell false dichotomy needs to abandoned. Failure to comply won't condemn the one who's faith is in Christ for righteousness. It will, however, produce less pleasure for God and thus less reward, less blessing, and perhaps even discipline depending on the situation (Hebrews 12).

The cost of stubbornness is heavy, but not condemnation for those in Christ. It should still have power to concern you without the threat of hell having to loom over you.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
In the context of commanding to submit to masters

He also said:

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. —1 John 4:1

~Bella

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
well, that is up to you., look i respect your choices, brother and your convictions, those are up to you,. we can debate minor matters of doctrine all day pr get on with htis lovely sunny day and do somethign fun or useful or both.

God wants us to enjoy Him so am off to do that.

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
marriage i snt master and slave. marriage is a partnership.

You're missing the point. Marriage is an hierarchy, not a partnership (Ephesians 5:22-33, 1 Corinthians 11:3), but it is of more worth than a slave/master relationship by far, as it represents Christ and the church. Yet, even a lesser master/slave relationship demands endurance of suffering by God. This is the love of God, who obey to death even on a cross to redeem us from sin (Philippians 2:5-8).

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This whole obedience or hell false dichotomy needs to abandoned. Failure to comply won't condemn the one who's faith is in Christ for righteousness. It will, however, produce less pleasure for God and thus less reward, less blessing, and perhaps even discipline depending on the situation (Hebrews 12).

The cost of stubbornness is heavy, but not condemnation for those in Christ. It should still have power to concern you without the threat of hell having to loom over you.

OK that is fine then...i can live losing my reward.... God already warned me i would lose it nayway for amatter unrelated to this one.....i have had a very hard life, so suffering int he next life wont be an issue for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
am done here....am happy with my decision in leaving my abuser.... i ahve always had an oversensitive conscinece- severe OCD, born in a fire and brimstone kind of family......i know what conviction is and i dont feel any conviction over this.......it i sprobably th eonly decision in my life i dont regret or feel guilty over

No one has to remain in an abusive environment. I expect the thread will receive another cleanse.

~Bella

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're missing the point. Marriage is an hierarchy, not a partnership (Ephesians 5:22-33, 1 Corinthians 11:3), but it is of more worth than a slave/master relationship by far, as it represents Christ and the church. Yet, even a lesser master/slave relationship demands endurance of suffering by God. This is the love of God, who obey to death even on a cross to redeem us from sin (Philippians 2:5-8).[/QUOTE

it is a heirachy but husband being head means he is her protector, her covering...... that is whta it means.... husband must love wife as christ loved church.....if he does not, that is infidelity. it osund slike you been listening to false teachers like The Transformed Wife (who i think is IBF or some nonchristian denom) or QUiverfull. they are Mormon not christian, or something like 7th Day adventists. be careful

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He also said:

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. —1 John 4:1

~Bella

So Paul and Jesus are false spirits, since it is their words. Those who say we are not to empty ourselves (Philippians 2:5-8), called to suffer innocently (even physical abuses, 1 Peter 2:18-24), and to resist sin unto bloodshed (Hebrews 12:2-4) are false prophets, as they contradict the word of God and are "...proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings."

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're missing the point. Marriage is an hierarchy, not a partnership (Ephesians 5:22-33, 1 Corinthians 11:3), but it is of more worth than a slave/master relationship by far, as it represents Christ and the church. Yet, even a lesser master/slave relationship demands endurance of suffering by God. This is the love of God, who obey to death even on a cross to redeem us from sin (Philippians 2:5-8).

i ahd to leave because children witnessed what my abuser did to me and he did it to them to. the youngest child is already showing signs of becoming disturbed. a little child!!

Upvote 0