Is this kind of "Christian" feminism ok or am i in error?

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i also have an illness for which there is no cure but i am thankful God created medicines t help me deal with the pain. like eeryone else in this life we all suffer and my experiences of abuse wil mean that i can help other women leave situations like mine. i help women leave bad marriages and start again....God ahs blessed me for being able to sow into His work.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well I am glad to hear things are better for you now. It is a story that goes both directions until Christ redeems it all: The good times will eventually turn to trouble, but the troubled nights will eventually end in a new day. Just abide in Christ through it all, and remember both are from the hand of God and will make their circuit til Kingdom come.

true but that is true for everyone. we al suffer. but we will be first in Heaven because Jesus said the least will be first. people like us, are the least of these, we wil be blessed in Heaven.

• Agree
Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it was God;s will that i ESCAPE my father, yes. Gods will was that i endured abuse so i could learn one day "hey i have rights"! i can leave!" he has me learn about healthy relationships adn i chose a new parents to "adopt"me in their church.....he used my suffering for great purpose, because i wen tinto ministry to help women esape abusive homes. some from their husbands, some from boyfriends etc i work in domestic violemce because Jesus showe me freedome from that stuff....i now advocate for womens rights and welfare reform. all this because of Jesus who am very grateful to know and serve. i praise His name

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,383.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
i almost died cause of what my abuser did..... was that really God's will?

No. No it was not.

Of course abuse is an injustice and despicable. And only a fool would seek abuse. But enduring it in the situation is of Christ and to what we were called (1 Peter 2:20-24). I lived by this so no one can pull the "that's easy for you to say" card. But that's anecdote, which is why I don't care to make it a point except to defend accusations that its easy for me to say. I care to follow the example of Christ and and not seek suffering, but endure it when it upholds the faithfulness God demands.

It seems biblically acceptable for a husband or wife to separate from their abusive spouse while motivating repentance, since no adultery is occurring if there is no remarriage or extra-marital sexual relations.

But without question (based on the Scriptures I have posted countless times, among MANY others) the higher calling is to endure patiently. I would rather fully submit to Christ in any situation, and encourage likewise, with grace but according to Scripture.

It may be that you, in your particular circumstances, were called to endure abuse.

But to say to every abused person that God wills that they should endure is a very gravely wicked thing to do.

Because marriage is by its nature symbolism; symbolism of Christ and the church (Ephesians 5:22-33). So marriage must convey the "story" accurately or it is a failure.

An abusive marriage does not convey the story accurately, though. Christ is not an abuser, and to portray Him as such to the world is more of a blasphemy than a proclamation of the gospel.

@WrappedUpinHisLove3 I hope you're okay this morning. The distress in your posts is really palpable. I'd encourage you to seek support in real life as well as on internet forums, which have limitations on how safe they can be.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. No it was not.

It may be that you, in your particular circumstances, were called to endure abuse.

But to say to every abused person that God wills that they should endure is a very gravely wicked thing to do.

An abusive marriage does not convey the story accurately, though. Christ is not an abuser, and to portray Him as such to the world is more of a blasphemy than a proclamation of the gospel.

@WrappedUpinHisLove3 I hope you're okay this morning. The distress in your posts is really palpable. I'd encourage you to seek support in real life as well as on internet forums, which have limitations on how safe they can be.

i am seeing a therapist- they are actullay christian but their therapy is based on actual science and they know their stuff. due to lockdown in the UK we have phone contact once a week. i am trying to keep myself engaged with doing plenty therapy homework and spending time stroking my animals. thank you so much for understanding <3

Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟151,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs 31:10-31
An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
She looks for wool and flax
And works with her hands in delight.
She is like merchant ships;
She brings her food from afar.
She rises also while it is still night
And gives food to her household
And portions to her maidens.
She considers a field and buys it;
From her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She girds herself with strength
And makes her arms strong.
She senses that her gain is good;
Her lamp does not go out at night.
She stretches out her hands to the distaff,
And her hands grasp the spindle.
She extends her hand to the poor,
And she stretches out her hands to the needy.
She is not afraid of the snow for her household,
For all her household are clothed with scarlet.
She makes coverings for herself;
Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
Her husband is known in the gates,
When he sits among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them,
And supplies belts to the tradesmen.
Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future.
She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
“Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all.”
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her

The woman described above dealt in real estate.

She buys a field and plants a vineyard

She’s kind, wise, smiles at the future.

Has a clothing business

Wears linen and purple

Sees that gain is good and gives to the needy

She takes pleasure in work.

She sounds precious to me. If any man has a problem with the above portrayed woman, heh, they aren’t thinking clearly.

On to covering...

1 Cor, 11:15 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
Let’s focus on this verse:

But G1161 if any man G1536 seem G1380 to be G1511 contentious, G5380 we G2249 have G2192 no G3756 such G5108 custom, G4914 neither G3761 the churches G1577 of God. G2316
Notice the word such: τοιοῦτος toioûtos, toy-oo'-tos; (including the other inflections); from G5104 and G3778; truly this, i.e. of this sort (to denote character or individuality):—like, such (an one).

STRONGS NT 5108: τοιοῦτος
τοιοῦτος, τοιαύτη, τοιοῦτο and τοιοῦτον (only this second form of the neuter occurs in the N. T., and twice (but in Matthew 18:5 T WH have τοιοῦτο)) (from τοῖος and οὗτος (others say lengthened from τοῖος or connected with αὐτός; cf. τηλικοῦτος)) (from Homer down), such as this, of this kind or sort;

Some translations interpret it as “other”, I don’t see that at all.
“Doesn’t nature teach you?”
Mans nature is not the best teacher

I figure the natural man is the enemy of God and we are to walk in the Spirit not the flesh.

In Christ

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0